Richard Sherman Thinks Houston Players Should Sit Out Game.....I Hope They Do

Nothing pisses off NFL fans more than a bunch of spoiled millionaires complaining about how mistreated they are. The protests have cut TV ratings 31% and most games are not even selling half of the stadium.

Oh fucking BULLSHIT.

TV ratings for all sports have been plummeting. Baseball, football, basketball, hockey, even NASCAR, which admittedly is not a sport. And those are the only ones I looked up. Five for five, as we say in baseball.

Only a moron would not be able to figure out why that is ---- here's a hint, I follow ever day of the baseball season, and yet I don't even own a TV. I can watch every game, and will never show up in TV ratings. I don't own a TV, because I don't NEED one.

Figure it out.

And the stadia, outside of the redundant "Los Angeles Chargers" :rolleyes: are filled.

Nba ratings are actually up
Hoops for Hoods

Nevertheless, have they aped the NFL goons and insulted our flag?

They could always go on strike.....but then again they wouldn't get paid.
Are their principles strong enough and righteous enough to risk being broke?

I don't think so.
How long did the last baseball strike go on for by the way? I was still a kid at the time and so I don't remember all that much about it.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
I remember it.....and I stopped watching baseball and never went back.

Yep. Which strike? Big one in 94' cancelled the WS and killed the Astros (great record) and maybe the Montreal Expos too (later moved).

I also quit on MLB then but got sucked back in by ~2001 watching only on free TV games.
Brownnosing Bootlicking Buttboy for the Bosses

Taking the side of the owners makes you a slave.

I actually agree with Richard Sherman. I wouldn't be happy either if my employer referred to me as a "prison inmate". My guess is the Texans will be a bunch of pussies and just kneel for the anthem in a pathetic gesture of unity. That won't hurt the owner at all. But they will piss off half the fan base who have nothing to do with this. The Texans need to hit the owner in the pocket where it really hurts, and a forfeit would hurt the owner immediately. Of course the players would sacrifice some salary also, but we'll find out how serious they are about making their social justice statement. C'mon Texans, make a real statement and sit out the game. Forget the soft kneeling garbage.
All About Orenthal

Giving these thughugging traitors credit for what no civilized person would call "social justice" is going too far in a mindless attempt to be objective. Who has intimidated you to think that way? Most of those jocks would be convicts if football hadn't bailed them out.

I actually agree with Richard Sherman. I wouldn't be happy either if my employer referred to me as a "prison inmate". My guess is the Texans will be a bunch of pussies and just kneel for the anthem in a pathetic gesture of unity. That won't hurt the owner at all. But they will piss off half the fan base who have nothing to do with this. The Texans need to hit the owner in the pocket where it really hurts, and a forfeit would hurt the owner immediately. Of course the players would sacrifice some salary also, but we'll find out how serious they are about making their social justice statement. C'mon Texans, make a real statement and sit out the game. Forget the soft kneeling garbage.
All About Orenthal

Giving these thughugging traitors credit for what no civilized person would call "social justice" is going too far in a mindless attempt to be objective. Who has intimidated you to think that way? Most of those jocks would be convicts if football hadn't bailed them out.

You missed the point of my post. I'm essentially telling them to put their money where their mouth is if they truly believe this social injustice BS.

Imagine there's something in the standard NFL contract language that addresses a healthy player who simply refuses to play for any reason other perhaps than dangerous field/weather conditions.

Wonder if such action constitutes breach of contract? Oopsy...

I don't think so.
Juiced-Up Jungle Jocks

These predatory and vicious wannabe copkillers have nothing as moral as a principle. They extend their savage-beast behavior by insulting our flag, proving there's no need to bend over backward for them anymore. There never was.

Let them salute Somalia's flag. Bloodthirsty pirates and genocidal warlords are more appropriate for the role of these spoiled demanding brats' Founding Fathers.
That's racist.

It was a good game

Seems the Houston Defense only sat out the fourth quarter

All About Orenthal

You missed the point of my post. I'm essentially telling them to put their money where their mouth is if they truly believe this social injustice BS.
The Mooching Predators' Justice Means "Just Us"

By challenging them like that, you think they believe this, but the Ding Dongs of the Bell Curve are genetically incapable of believing anything worth discussing.

Imagine there's something in the standard NFL contract language that addresses a healthy player who simply refuses to play for any reason other perhaps than dangerous field/weather conditions.

Wonder if such action constitutes breach of contract? Oopsy...

I don't think so.
Juiced-Up Jungle Jocks

These predatory and vicious wannabe copkillers have nothing as moral as a principle. They extend their savage-beast behavior by insulting our flag, proving there's no need to bend over backward for them anymore. There never was.

Let them salute Somalia's flag. Bloodthirsty pirates and genocidal warlords are more appropriate for the role of these spoiled demanding brats' Founding Fathers.
That's racist.
Jokers Are Wild

The race card is a Joker. Play adult games; that's only used in kids' stuff.

Where Richard Sherman sleeps at night contemplating how mistreated his fellow millionaires are and how unfair everything is....

gate-33f1c9.jpg
gate-33f1c9.jpg

Nothing pisses off NFL fans more than a bunch of spoiled millionaires complaining about how mistreated they are. The protests have cut TV ratings 31% and most games are not even selling half of the stadium. Now Richard Sherman of the Seattle Seahawks wants Houston Texan players to boycott their next game. Problem is, none of them has a guaranteed contract so sitting out the game means they'll take a pay cut, and he says that can't happen. How are they gonna pay for their mansions and their Bentleys if they are being paid?

I think best way to help these players learn to appreciate their fortunate situation is make them unemployed. They may eventually cause that anyway after the NFL folds because of a lack of fans.

gate-33f1c9-573x430.jpg

Now this is what NFL players call oppression in America

super-bowl-homes-richard-sherman-zillow-2.jpg

Richard Sherman thinks Texans players would boycott game if contracts were guaranteed

Screen-Shot-2013-05-11-at-11.12.14-AM.jpg

00k0k_cqbu202ixiy_600x450.jpg

There are no guaranteed contracts in the NFL and Richard Sherman thinks that's the only thing keeping Texans players from boycotting Sunday's game in Seattle.

"Oh, yeah, those guys would probably sit this game out," Sherman told reporters Friday, via the Tacoma News Tribune.

After Texans owner Bob McNair mangled a figure of speech and referred to NFL players as prison inmates, he faced immediate backlash and later issued an apology.

McNair was quoted in a lengthy ESPN article, speaking at the Oct. 17 NFL owners meetings about protests during the national anthem.

"We can't have the inmates running the prison," he said, a malapropism of the idiom, "the inmates are running the asylum."

McNair issued a statement Friday, saying he regretted using that expression.

"I never meant to offend anyone and I was not referring to our players," McNair's statement said. "I used a figure of speech that was never intended to be taken literally. I would never characterize our players or our league that way and I apologize to anyone who was offended by it."

Sherman was among the NFL players who immediately reacted to McNair's comment, saying he appreciated the 79-year-old owner showing his "true colors."

"I appreciate when people like that show who they really are," Sherman said Friday. "More people in the world have to be that kind and that open about how they really feel so you can identify them—and make sure you stay away from those kind of people, and keep those people out of power.

Sherman should be banned from football.

Richard Sherman? Richard? Isn't that considered white for Rashad?
Reconstruction II

Whites have been living under Jamail Crow rule ever since the 1964 Civil Rights for the Uncivilized Act. There's nothing wrong with turning back the clock if it is connected to a time bomb.
I've often referred to the period as Jamaal Crow. Very similar. And don't forget the NKKCP -- New Klux Klan for Colored People.

Nothing pisses off NFL fans more than a bunch of spoiled millionaires complaining about how mistreated they are. The protests have cut TV ratings 31% and most games are not even selling half of the stadium.

Oh fucking BULLSHIT.

TV ratings for all sports have been plummeting. Baseball, football, basketball, hockey, even NASCAR, which admittedly is not a sport. And those are the only ones I looked up. Five for five, as we say in baseball.

Only a moron would not be able to figure out why that is ---- here's a hint, I follow ever day of the baseball season, and yet I don't even own a TV. I can watch every game, and will never show up in TV ratings. I don't own a TV, because I don't NEED one.

Figure it out.

And the stadia, outside of the redundant "Los Angeles Chargers" :rolleyes: are filled.

Nba ratings are actually up
Hoops for Hoods

Nevertheless, have they aped the NFL goons and insulted our flag?

It's not even possible to "insult" a non-living object, unless that object is first fetishized.

And when that is the case, "insult" by definition can only exist in the mind of the fetishist.

Nothing pisses off NFL fans more than a bunch of spoiled millionaires complaining about how mistreated they are. The protests have cut TV ratings 31% and most games are not even selling half of the stadium. Now Richard Sherman of the Seattle Seahawks wants Houston Texan players to boycott their next game. Problem is, none of them has a guaranteed contract so sitting out the game means they'll take a pay cut, and he says that can't happen. How are they gonna pay for their mansions and their Bentleys if they are being paid?

I think best way to help these players learn to appreciate their fortunate situation is make them unemployed. They may eventually cause that anyway after the NFL folds because of a lack of fans.

gate-33f1c9-573x430.jpg

Now this is what NFL players call oppression in America

super-bowl-homes-richard-sherman-zillow-2.jpg

Richard Sherman thinks Texans players would boycott game if contracts were guaranteed

Screen-Shot-2013-05-11-at-11.12.14-AM.jpg

00k0k_cqbu202ixiy_600x450.jpg

There are no guaranteed contracts in the NFL and Richard Sherman thinks that's the only thing keeping Texans players from boycotting Sunday's game in Seattle.

"Oh, yeah, those guys would probably sit this game out," Sherman told reporters Friday, via the Tacoma News Tribune.

After Texans owner Bob McNair mangled a figure of speech and referred to NFL players as prison inmates, he faced immediate backlash and later issued an apology.

McNair was quoted in a lengthy ESPN article, speaking at the Oct. 17 NFL owners meetings about protests during the national anthem.

"We can't have the inmates running the prison," he said, a malapropism of the idiom, "the inmates are running the asylum."

McNair issued a statement Friday, saying he regretted using that expression.

"I never meant to offend anyone and I was not referring to our players," McNair's statement said. "I used a figure of speech that was never intended to be taken literally. I would never characterize our players or our league that way and I apologize to anyone who was offended by it."

Sherman was among the NFL players who immediately reacted to McNair's comment, saying he appreciated the 79-year-old owner showing his "true colors."

"I appreciate when people like that show who they really are," Sherman said Friday. "More people in the world have to be that kind and that open about how they really feel so you can identify them—and make sure you stay away from those kind of people, and keep those people out of power.

Day beez so oh-pressed

Forum List

Back