Richard Dawkins and The Ignorance of The New Atheism

Good God, we were taught Evolution in Catholic school as well as how it was not mutually exclusive from a religious point of view.

A priest touched Dawkins tee-tee when he was a boy. True story.

Yes. This is based on an eye witness account of Richard Dawkins. Does getting molested by a Catholic Priest invalidate a person’s opinion? If so, wouldn’t this motivate priests to molest more children with views that challenge the power of the Roman Catholic Church?

This strategy could back fire. Just saying.

This is why people need to stop having so many kids. If you are middle class you can afford to have 1 maybe 2 kids. No more. And it'd be great if a lot of us didn't have kids. Like me. I know I don't like when you say a lot of people... but a lot of people I know don't have kids. I don't think so many people 20 years ago didn't have kids.
I hope this continues to work out well for you, and I mean that sincerely. One of my aunts elected not to have kids, a decision she was extremely happy with most of her adult life. However, the final thirty years or so she was mourning this decision, and not even her many nieces and nephews brought her much comfort. We tried. The one decision she had applauded for so long also brought her many years of sadness. This is certainly not everyone's story, just something to think about. It is often said it is not the things we have done that bring us the most regret, but what we didn't do.
True but also you don't miss what you never had. Would I love having a kid? Sure. But the expense just isn't worth it. If America was what it once was I could have easily afforded 1 or 2 kids. Back then people had job security. I'm making a lot now and I have a half million saved with 15 years to go to save the other half million, but that's only because I never had kids. And there were some years where I can't imagine how I would have afforded children. I see how expensive they are. So I guess it's like a yacht. I may regret one day never having one, but I could never afford it so I guess that helps ease the pain.

And your friends don't have the relationship I have with my nephews with their nieces and nephews. No one does. My nephews worship me. All their friends call me Uncle Sealybobo. LOL. Just kidding. Uncle (Whatever my real name is)

And I also see a lot of American kids aren't the best children later in life. What do they do for their parents? They are busy raising their kids. They live in different states or different countries. What am I missing a visit once a month? My nephews won't visit me once a month? Or let me come hang out on holidays?

Maybe you white Americans are this way but I'm Greek. I see how Greeks treat Theo's. Theo is uncle in Greek. They are treated almost as good as fathers.

Ok so I won't have that feeling your husband got when he first held his son or daughter. I get it. If money were no problem I would have had a couple kids. Who wouldn't?

But the problem on our planet is poor people have too many kids. And the rich love it because they love the cheap labor. Maybe capitalism depends on them.

Anyways, I think you are going to see that when job security goes away, when pensions don't exist, when middle class people aren't saving a dime for retirement, when student loan is outrageous, don't expect middle class people to have kids. Plus having kids is 99% suck and 1% pure joy. Think about the terrible 2's. Think about the teenage years.

I'm good. Now if I didn't have two great nephews then maybe I'd agree. I feel bad for my buddy he has no brothers sisters or kids. Now that's sad.

Also remember this. We all die alone. A lot of people who had kids end up in nursing homes or living alone after their spouse dies. Do you expect to move in with your kids? Then either you or your husband will end up right where I am when the first one goes. Alone waiting for your kids to come visit.

I have an aunt and uncle in their 80's and 90's. No kids. They have a lot of friends and nephews/nieces. The Greek community is a family. I don't need to have kids to grow old and be happy.

I'm stoned. LOL. I have tomorrow and Monday off. Happy Easter!

I think the uncle nephew relationship in some ways is better than dad and son. We smoke weed together. We drink together. We talk about women. He tells me things he can't tell his dad.

So no lady, you can not look out for yourself. Because of bias and the good old boys club. Diversity programs are designed to fight that bias.
Not my experience. When I was in that situation, horrors of all horrors, when I brought the matter to their attention, white men agreed with my point and put things right. You can say I was lucky, you can say it was my abilities, but I never needed government help, and the men and women I worked with (and for) needed the government to do any fighting for me. Not only that, there has never been anyone to fight against. Most people have a natural inclination towards fairness. Perhaps you don't and believe no one else does either? How much government help have you personally needed throughout your life that you believe everyone else needs it, too?

By the way, because genealogy is a hobby, I no for a fact no female ancestor of mine ever stood for any man patronizing or disrespecting her. In my very humble lineage, women owned small businesses as a sideline for other accomplishments. They were executors (when history books in error tell us, women couldn't be executors). They sailed across the ocean on their own, traveled the wilderness on their own (when history books tell us that women couldn't travel on their own that she had to go where her husband was. Tell that to one of my female ancestors who told her husband he could stay in the colonies if he wanted, but she was sailing back to England. On her own.

Again, how much have you had to depend on the government or someone else to stand up for you? Don't you ever find that having to always find someone else to fight your shadow battles for you belittling? Don't tell this lady she can't fight. She has--and so have ladies before her. Don't be so patronizing.
Such hogwash. Just look at my mom's high school yearbook from the 50's and 60's. Look at what every woman wanted to be when she grew up. Housekeeper, maid, teacher, nanny, housewife. Not too long ago you weren't even considered to be the VP of the HR department. You still wouldn't if it weren't for diversity programs and AA.

Today you can be the VP of the HR department or maybe accounting but never sales or Engineering. This means most likely you will never be the CEO's.

You are still being treated like a second class citizen. Republican women never seem to mind. They know their place.
Almost every Republican woman I know has a PhD and is as near to or actually running a department or division of a company.
On the other hand, education is a Biblical mandate for Jews.
There goes another Republican wanting us to go based on their personal observations on life not the facts. Not the numbers. Let's go based on the opinion that most women Indeependent knows have PHD's.

This is why poor and middle class people shouldn't vote Republican. Republicans speak for spoiled entitled people. They don't know the real world.

P.S. Do they have real PHD's or Jill Biden phD's?
Real PhDs; that’s why every atheist wants a Jewish professor or surgeon.

Nobody should vote for anyone who belongs to a group with an established agenda that has succeeded in rendering 99% of US citizens as poor.
Trickle down has done that. Reagan. Doesn't work. Clinton had 8 great years. Gore picked a Jew as his running mate. He later showed he was more loyal to Israel than he was to his constituents. Remember how close LIEberman and Bush were on Iraq?

And Trump admitted that they lied us into Iraq. But I remember jews didn't care back then. They loved it that we were attacking one of Israel's enemies. How did that turn out for the USA? Not good.

Bush sent all our high paying manufacturing jobs overseas to break unions. This also made the middle class disappear.

And Bush/McCain and Romney all said back then illegals were just here doing jobs Americans won't do. This also made the rich richer and the middle class poorer.

Then Bush and Trump's tax breaks made the rich richer and widened the gap between the rich and poor even more.

So how many policies have I named that Republicans did that all created the widening gap between rich and poor? 4 or 5?
Raygun was a piece of shit, as was Sr Bush and GW.
Clinton and Obama did not stem the Business Visa tide.
Too late then. You think they could have done anything about it with Republican's and special interests fighting them? Let's face it. NAFTA and globalization is the way of the future. Yea sure I was against it all back in the day but now I've learned to live with it. Adapt. Figure it out.

My brother works at a fortune 500 they hire indians from India. He explained the reality. Sorry if it hurt you but maybe that was your problem not being able to find a job. Lots of white american men in America are thriving in IT despite the things that happened to you.

And boo hoo. You want a cheap car so you buy from Mexico or China. That was ok with you. But when it hit your industry, suddenly you want government protection. Too late. You did this to yourself. Now either you have the skills to go out and find a 6 figure job or you don't. Don't blame Obama or Clinton for this. Blame yourself for voting against labor.
I know US citizens who work in IT; connecting cables.
After the BVs get their Green Cards they are fired and have to work as cashiers.
I know as I see them every time I go shopping; the Best & The Brightest I used to see in the city standing at a cash register for 10 hours a day exhausted out of their minds.
God Bless Corporate America!
Yup. They do not value labor. No worker protections.

This is why people need to stop having so many kids. If you are middle class you can afford to have 1 maybe 2 kids. No more. And it'd be great if a lot of us didn't have kids. Like me. I know I don't like when you say a lot of people... but a lot of people I know don't have kids. I don't think so many people 20 years ago didn't have kids.
It’s time to stop voting by letter and let the bastards know it.
China, India and Mexico aren’t practicing birth control.

The one-child policy was a program in China that was implemented nationwide by the Chinese government in 1980 in order to limit most Chinese families to one child each. The policy was enacted to address the growth rate of the country’s population , which the government viewed as being too rapid.

one-child policy | Definition & Facts | Britannica
www.britannica.com/topic/one-child-policy
Good point. How can he say China doesn't practice birth control? LOL

So no lady, you can not look out for yourself. Because of bias and the good old boys club. Diversity programs are designed to fight that bias.
Not my experience. When I was in that situation, horrors of all horrors, when I brought the matter to their attention, white men agreed with my point and put things right. You can say I was lucky, you can say it was my abilities, but I never needed government help, and the men and women I worked with (and for) needed the government to do any fighting for me. Not only that, there has never been anyone to fight against. Most people have a natural inclination towards fairness. Perhaps you don't and believe no one else does either? How much government help have you personally needed throughout your life that you believe everyone else needs it, too?

By the way, because genealogy is a hobby, I no for a fact no female ancestor of mine ever stood for any man patronizing or disrespecting her. In my very humble lineage, women owned small businesses as a sideline for other accomplishments. They were executors (when history books in error tell us, women couldn't be executors). They sailed across the ocean on their own, traveled the wilderness on their own (when history books tell us that women couldn't travel on their own that she had to go where her husband was. Tell that to one of my female ancestors who told her husband he could stay in the colonies if he wanted, but she was sailing back to England. On her own.

Again, how much have you had to depend on the government or someone else to stand up for you? Don't you ever find that having to always find someone else to fight your shadow battles for you belittling? Don't tell this lady she can't fight. She has--and so have ladies before her. Don't be so patronizing.
Such hogwash. Just look at my mom's high school yearbook from the 50's and 60's. Look at what every woman wanted to be when she grew up. Housekeeper, maid, teacher, nanny, housewife. Not too long ago you weren't even considered to be the VP of the HR department. You still wouldn't if it weren't for diversity programs and AA.

Today you can be the VP of the HR department or maybe accounting but never sales or Engineering. This means most likely you will never be the CEO's.

You are still being treated like a second class citizen. Republican women never seem to mind. They know their place.
Almost every Republican woman I know has a PhD and is as near to or actually running a department or division of a company.
There goes another Republican wanting us to go based on their personal observations on life not the facts. Not the numbers. Let's go based on the opinion that most women Indeependent knows have PHD's.

This is why poor and middle class people shouldn't vote Republican. Republicans speak for spoiled entitled people. They don't know the real world.

Nobody should vote for anyone who belongs to a group with an established agenda that has succeeded in rendering 99% of US citizens as poor.
Trickle down has done that. Reagan. Doesn't work. Clinton had 8 great years. Gore picked a Jew as his running mate. He later showed he was more loyal to Israel than he was to his constituents. Remember how close LIEberman and Bush were on Iraq?

And Trump admitted that they lied us into Iraq. But I remember jews didn't care back then. They loved it that we were attacking one of Israel's enemies. How did that turn out for the USA? Not good.

Bush sent all our high paying manufacturing jobs overseas to break unions. This also made the middle class disappear.

And Bush/McCain and Romney all said back then illegals were just here doing jobs Americans won't do. This also made the rich richer and the middle class poorer.

Then Bush and Trump's tax breaks made the rich richer and widened the gap between the rich and poor even more.

So how many policies have I named that Republicans did that all created the widening gap between rich and poor? 4 or 5?
Too late then. You think they could have done anything about it with Republican's and special interests fighting them? Let's face it. NAFTA and globalization is the way of the future. Yea sure I was against it all back in the day but now I've learned to live with it. Adapt. Figure it out.

My brother works at a fortune 500 they hire indians from India. He explained the reality. Sorry if it hurt you but maybe that was your problem not being able to find a job. Lots of white american men in America are thriving in IT despite the things that happened to you.

And boo hoo. You want a cheap car so you buy from Mexico or China. That was ok with you. But when it hit your industry, suddenly you want government protection. Too late. You did this to yourself. Now either you have the skills to go out and find a 6 figure job or you don't. Don't blame Obama or Clinton for this. Blame yourself for voting against labor.
After the BVs get their Green Cards they are fired and have to work as cashiers.
I know as I see them every time I go shopping; the Best & The Brightest I used to see in the city standing at a cash register for 10 hours a day exhausted out of their minds.

The one-child policy was a program in China that was implemented nationwide by the Chinese government in 1980 in order to limit most Chinese families to one child each. The policy was enacted to address the growth rate of the country’s population , which the government viewed as being too rapid.

I’m still waiting for your condemnation of FoxConn and Trespassers wages.

I never heard of foxcon and trespassers wages. I rarely watch FoxNews.
Either you’re a complete ignoramus or you’re full of shit.
The truth is you don’t give a shit about anyone but yourself and will never condemn the use of cheap slave labor.
How much do you want to pay for shoes?

And I find it really funny that you are so concerned with low wages overseas but you don't want to raise the minimum wage here at home.

What
The truth is you don’t give a shit about anyone but yourself and will never condemn the use of cheap slave labor.

What cheap slave labor are you speaking of?
For someone who claims to be business savvy you come across as incredibly stupid.
Even Tim Cook has addressed the issue.

Who is Tim Cook?
Google is your friend and I no longer believe you know anything about business.

Oh I have no interest in cell phone companies.
I believe you have no interest in anything but the destruction of Israel.

You're crazy.. No one wants to destroy Israel.
I couldn’t tell from reading your revisionist history.

The Jews have always been good t propaganda and the Palestinians never had a voice. The quick fix after WW2 was to bring in another 500,000 European Holocaust survivors and displace 700,000 Palestinians.

How much do you want to pay for shoes?

And I find it really funny that you are so concerned with low wages overseas but you don't want to raise the minimum wage here at home.
I prefer all Americans have a profession to the best of their ability and have a sense of pride.

What

For someone who claims to be business savvy you come across as incredibly stupid.

Who is Tim Cook?

The Jews have always been good t propaganda and the Palestinians never had a voice. The quick fix after WW2 was to bring in another 500,000 European Holocaust survivors and displace 700,000 Palestinians.
What did us Americans do with the native Indians who were already here?

What

Who is Tim Cook?

Dark days...nothing to be proud of.

What

Who is Tim Cook?

Dark days...nothing to be proud of.
Like every other nation in history.

Forum List

Back