Rich Americans are ditching California

California's population will be just fine. Once the news spreads everywhere that California wants to give illegals free healthcare, more and more illegals will be moving in.

Whatever.

Prices. The national average.

Gainesville2% higher
Orlando4% higher
Fort Myers8% higher
Miami20% higher
median home price in Florida was $478,500—a little over $30,000 (7%) higher than the national median of $445,000

Unfortunately, rent prices in Florida aren’t so close to the rest of the country. The median monthly rent for a two-bedroom apartment in Florida was more than $1,682—nearly 25% higher than the national median of $1,346

And you can't afford home insurance
Your argument is LAUGHABLE but continue being a clown if you like. :cuckoo:

I'm going to assume the same goes for California. No matter how expensive it gets, people don't want to move. Think about how lovely it is in Florida in the winter. What other state can these people move that will be even close to how great Florida is.

If anything, the summers are what would make me move. Hot as fuck. But these people seem to love it.

You can't help love the coast.

OMG I talked to a woman who was at the insurrection. I asked if she went inside she said no she made it to the steps. I love these idiots think everyone agrees with their dumb asses.

It's hard to explain why exactly they are dumb. I think it's because they only know what they are told. For example, she was complaining how illegals come here and they don't come here legally like her family did. You'll never guess where her family came from...... CUBA!!! She's so fucking stupid. She doesn't realize her ancestors came here illegally, on a fucking boat! Yes we took in Cuban's who swam here but that's not coming here legally. WTF????

Why do you hate brown people?

My uncle's 2 bedroom ranch home with no basement and small backyard is worth over $1 million dollars. That's insane.

Don't give me that no sales tax bullshit. BFD. The prices of shit here is double what it is in Michigan. The no sales tax thing may benefit millionaires but I assure you that you are paying way more, even after you factor in that you pay no sales tax. That only benefits Shaq.

Ron D is not qualified to be president. If this is what the nation would look like. Florida is just one step behind California. In fact Miami food is more expensive than Cali's.

Florida has become more expensive becabuse big money from the NE has discovered remote work and that they can make big NE money but don’t have to live in those dumps with bad weather. It is a supply and demand thing.

Florida has no state income tax and their property taxes are still cheaper than most of the NE. If you make 100k/yr, that would save you 6-7k/yr in state taxes alone as compared to NJ. Obviously if you the value of your home is more, you will be paying more real $$ in property tax, but the property tax rate in NJ is the highest in the country.

The bottom line is that Republican states are simply run better. Leftists are leaving their dumps and running to red states, which is increasing the prices. If they don’t smarten up and continue to vote for Democrats, they may have to move again. Home prices have skyrocketed in my area as out of staters continue the migration.

Florida has become more expensive becabuse big money from the NE has discovered remote work and that they can make big NE money but don’t have to live in those dumps with bad weather. It is a supply and demand thing.

Florida has no state income tax and their property taxes are still cheaper than most of the NE. If you make 100k/yr, that would save you 6-7k/yr in state taxes alone as compared to NJ. Obviously if you the value of your home is more, you will be paying more real $$ in property tax, but the property tax rate in NJ is the highest in the country.

The bottom line is that Republican states are simply run better. Leftists are leaving their dumps and running to red states, which is increasing the prices. If they don’t smarten up and continue to vote for Democrats, they may have to move again. Home prices have skyrocketed in my area as out of staters continue the migration.
I didn't consider that I would save $6K a year if I lived here. That would more than make up for how expensive things are down here. For example I wanted to get my dog a haircut. $85 here, $50 back home. So fuck it I'll wait till March and give him a cut then.

Florida has a lot of problems. All the same problems I hear people saying California has. I'm glad you can explain all the reasons why things are more expensive in Florida. Too bad you can't do the same for California. Because it's not a "Republican" state. Arnold was Governator for a minute did he fix anything? Chances are, there are reasons why Florida, Texas and California have such high food prices. If you want to blame the governors thought that's cool. I would agree.

Sure it is, Jeff Bazos just saved $600 million moving from Dem California suburb Washington State to Florida but continue with your blatant lying it's entertaining.
Didn't I say only the rich benefit from that tax savings? If you are middle class, other things gobble up that savings you think you are saving when you are actually not.

Bezos? Oh yea. he's saving. And guess what? They have to pass on those costs to someone else. When the cop pulls you over and gives you a ticket, it's to make up for the money Bezos isn't paying. You idiot.

Dude, I am experiencing everything you say about California, only I'm in Florida. I paid $12 yesterday for a bottle of mayo. Florida and Texas are two of the most expensive states for Food.

1. Isn't this a state issue? In other words, is Biden to blame or is Ron D to blame for Florida food prices?

2. No one rich is moving away from California. If they are, the only comparable place is Florida. When they get here they're going to find things are just as expensive here.

3. And let's not worry about rich people. What about the woman who's rent went from $1000 a month to $1500? What is Ron going to do about his state?

You're lying about Texas and Florida, and your profile says you live in Michigan.

I actually did move from California to Texas, so I can confirm you're lying about it.

Get sober and come back.

Point is, Florida is unaffordable too. Does Ron D have any blame? What about the fact people can't afford rent or home owners insurance?

Remember when you point a finger 3 are pointing back at you.
The rent is high because the whole world wants to move here and places to live are at a premium. That, and Hurricane Ian did some serious damage on the West Coast. Before that, Irma.

Which is why Homeowners is so high. Long story, but politicians screwed that up. They asked for a 'Cat' (catastrophe) fund to be set up decades ago but politicians got in the way. Long and boring story.

Why do people move to Florida? Let's ask --

You're lying about Texas and Florida, and your profile says you live in Michigan.

I actually did move from California to Texas, so I can confirm you're lying about it.

Get sober and come back.
Florida's cost of living depends entirely on who/which measurement you choose to believe. On average, it's about 1% higher than the national average and that depends greatly on what part of Florida you live in. Florida is a big State. If you leave out the UP, it is much larger than Michigan.

If you have children, Florida is consistently ranked as having the best educational system in the country, K through College. And a big plus is -- We won't let the scumbag teacher's Union mutilate them

Get sober and come back.
I'm staying in Fort Lauderdale for a month. Miami is the highest in food costs. Higher than Cali. So you can imagine Fort Lauderdale isn't that much less than Miami.

Study finds these states spend the most on groceries in America
  • California. $297.72.
  • Nevada. $294.76.
  • Mississippi. $290.64.
  • Washington. $287.67.
  • Florida. $287.27.
  • New Mexico. $286.39.
  • Texas. $286.19.
  • Louisiana. $282.95.
So Floridiots and Texas Queers save $10.

The rent is high because the whole world wants to move here and places to live are at a premium. That, and Hurricane Ian did some serious damage on the West Coast. Before that, Irma.

Which is why Homeowners is so high. Long story, but politicians screwed that up. They asked for a 'Cat' (catastrophe) fund to be set up decades ago but politicians got in the way. Long and boring story.

Why do people move to Florida? Let's ask --

That's right. And that's why it's getting unaffordable. Just like Cali.

You know they do this in white neighborhood in Michigan. Black people may be able to afford the house, but do they want to afford the taxes? Will they keep their lawns mowed because in the burbs you have to. So the question is, are they willing to pay a lot more and assimilate into white society? If they are not, stay in Detroit.

White people literally pay more ON PURPOSE because it keeps the riff raff out. It's like a golf course charging a lot to golf. Maybe they could make more money if they lowered the price. Get more customers. Offer coupons. But these golf courses don't want that element on their course. If you are going to golf there you have to have money and you have to follow the rules.

I'm staying in Fort Lauderdale for a month. Miami is the highest in food costs. Higher than Cali. So you can imagine Fort Lauderdale isn't that much less than Miami.

Study finds these states spend the most on groceries in America
  • California. $297.72.
  • Nevada. $294.76.
  • Mississippi. $290.64.
  • Washington. $287.67.
  • Florida. $287.27.
  • New Mexico. $286.39.
  • Texas. $286.19.
  • Louisiana. $282.95.
So Floridiots and Texas Queers save $10.
Here's our Publix Ad this week. Two 30 ounce jars of Mayo for $8.63. You said you paid $12 for one jar?

I go to Michigan as much as I can and I think food costs there are higher than here. And the quality here is better except for the meat. Which, up there is hit or miss. And in the Summer the produce is OUTSTANDING! For about 6 weeks.
YMMV :dunno:

It baffles me why people would go to the Florida East Coast anyway. It really is a shithole. It's the Big City and gaywad destination. Lauderdale is one of few places in Florida that is dimocrap controlled. Which explains a lot. The lower West Coast is the MidWest/normie place to go. Better class of people all around

That's right. And that's why it's getting unaffordable. Just like Cali.

You know they do this in white neighborhood in Michigan. Black people may be able to afford the house, but do they want to afford the taxes?
That is beyond clueless. The taxes are so high in Michigan because the people are stupid and they got the government they voted for.

You pay so much and get so little. My house is valued at over $400k, which is as you know, below average for down here. So I'm not trying to be a dick.

My Property taxes on it are, total, $1,200. Total. Not including any Veterans discounts. Total. It's called the SOH (save our homes) legislation that keeps it down. And..... It's transferrable to another Florida Home.

Plus, we don't overpay our Teachers like you do. And we have the best Ed System in the Country.

dimocrap States suck for one reason and one reason only -- They're full of clueless dimocraps. The sooner you come to realize that, the better off you will be. And, here's a guarantee -- You WILL realize it someday. No matter how long it takes, you will; if you live long enough, realize what a joke everything dimocrap really is.

The question is..... Will it be soon enough?

Forum List

Back