Rich Americans are ditching California

did you confront her with this info bobo?....or was she just to intimidating?....

I was thinking about hitting on her. I have a condo all to myself. Perhaps she's a cheater like Trump. If her orange messiah cheats, it must be okay for her to do it too right? So I put her in the pile driver, finish real fast and say guess what? I'm a libtard stupid!

INCOME tax you blithering idiot learn to read.
Whatever.

Prices. The national average.

Gainesville2% higher
Orlando4% higher
Fort Myers8% higher
Miami20% higher
median home price in Florida was $478,500—a little over $30,000 (7%) higher than the national median of $445,000

Unfortunately, rent prices in Florida aren’t so close to the rest of the country. The median monthly rent for a two-bedroom apartment in Florida was more than $1,682—nearly 25% higher than the national median of $1,346

And you can't afford home insurance

Things are going great. Just not for poor people. Or middle class people. They are spending too much. Which means they aren't saving. That was a problem before Biden. Houses cost too much, food costs too much.

But isn't this also a state isssue? Because Florida is at the top of the list and Michigan isn't even on the list of most expensive food in America.

My one buddy said don't be shocked that the most desirable places in America to live are also the most expensive.

Why is Texas at the top of the list?
One reason Florida is expensive is -- Shipping.

We don't have much in the way of Railroads and most of the time, when trucks bring stuff in, they have to 'deadhead' out. We don't have much in the way of Heavy Industry.

We're what's called a 'Peninsula'

I wonder how Hawaii and Alaska rank??

Also, I've lived in Florida for 5 decades and I've never been on the Florida Turnpike. Seen Exits for it on I-75 and wonder what it was for but never been on it. The only tolls I've ever paid were to cross the bridge to Sanibel or to go over the Caloosahatchee.

Just so you know -- I'm over it. I'm way past loving Florida. Everything I left when I moved here has follwed me. Traffic is horrendous, people are stupid, crowds are everywhere, all the natural beauty of Florida has been polluted by Fat Yankees from Dee-Troit and Brooklyn.

When I moved to Fort Myers, there were about 100k residents in the County. Now -- There's over a million.

My Wife and I are both certified divers, I'm a fisherman (can't catch 'em worth a damn but I try) but you can't get near a Boat Ramp anymore. It's a Pig Fight. So many people there just making the scene, profiling. They buy the stupidest, most worthless boats, get in everybody's way, act like idiots on the water.

But, if you like Dee-troit or Brooklyn, you'll love Florida. At least we don't have the crime that your dimcrap pals allowed to take over.

More people live in california and pay more to live in california than anywhere else. They bribe you elsewhere with low cost of living to overcome that fact that it isnt california.

View attachment 894754
Yeah those suckers for low cost of living who would rather spend their hard earned money to get more for there dollar than the horrendously overpriced and taxed postage stamp sized properties near the drug infested homeless encampments in California. What a bunch of losers.

For the most part the citizens of Alabama don't want people from California moving here. Loons are like a virus. They leave the place they helped fuck up when they can't live there anymore, and just spread that same fuckery to everywhere else they land. It's a vicious cycle perpetrated by literate retards.

California’s population dipped below 39 million in 2023, the lowest count since 2015, according to the U.S. Census Bureau. Data shows the state lost 75,423 residents last year — continuing a dramatic trend that started with the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020.

Analysis of the approximately 750,000 people who have bid farewell to California over the last three years has revealed that thousands more high-earning, well-educated workers have left the Golden State than have moved in.

California has the highest state income tax in the country. Technically, its income tax brackets end at 12.3%, but the state applies an additional 1% on personal income over $1 million — meaning its wealthiest residents must pay a whopping 13.3%.

Those ultra-wealthy Californians, the top 1%, typically pay between 40-50% of the state’s personal income tax revenue.

Well, Govenor Newsom, good luck with that budget deficit. Those of us still in California, we may want to consider investing in stocks that sell tents.

https://moneywise.com/life/lifestyle/why-rich-americans-are-leaving-california
California is losing high income people

But dont worry libs

You are replacing them with illiterate ditch diggers to clog your schools, hospitals and welfare offices

One reason Florida is expensive is -- Shipping.

We don't have much in the way of Railroads and most of the time, when trucks bring stuff in, they have to 'deadhead' out. We don't have much in the way of Heavy Industry.

We're what's called a 'Peninsula'

I wonder how Hawaii and Alaska rank??

Also, I've lived in Florida for 5 decades and I've never been on the Florida Turnpike. Seen Exits for it on I-75 and wonder what it was for but never been on it. The only tolls I've ever paid were to cross the bridge to Sanibel or to go over the Caloosahatchee.

Just so you know -- I'm over it. I'm way past loving Florida. Everything I left when I moved here has follwed me. Traffic is horrendous, people are stupid, crowds are everywhere, all the natural beauty of Florida has been polluted by Fat Yankees from Dee-Troit and Brooklyn.

When I moved to Fort Myers, there were about 100k residents in the County. Now -- There's over a million.

My Wife and I are both certified divers, I'm a fisherman (can't catch 'em worth a damn but I try) but you can't get near a Boat Ramp anymore. It's a Pig Fight. So many people there just making the scene, profiling. They buy the stupidest, most worthless boats, get in everybody's way, act like idiots on the water.

But, if you like Dee-troit or Brooklyn, you'll love Florida. At least we don't have the crime that your dimcrap pals allowed to take over.
Well, I actually do love Metro Dee-troit. Metro Dee-troit is sweet. Lots of small inland lakes. I happen to live on the lake closest to Dee-troit. So it's a great location if you work. A lot of the lakes in Metro Dee-troit are not easy to get to. They designed the roads that way on purpose. No riff raff coming out to them to steal because they'll call 911 and the cops will catch you before you get to the on ramp. Where I live it's 5 minutes you can be on the expressway so we've had Dee-troiters come out and steal. We caught them on camera.

Yes, Ft. Lauderdale is a great if you are rich but there is a section of the city that's high crime.

I notice that people who live in paradise are still unhappy.

Don't forget, someone bitched about YOU too when you moved to Florida. Now you're bitching about new people doing what you did? Isn't that how people are? We all do it. We move to someplace great and then get mad when other's follow.

I also heard in Ft Lauderdale the cops don't report all the crimes that happen. If they did it would make them look a lot like Dee-troit.

Pretty much all of the states welcome wealthy taxpayers tired of paying exorbitant taxes and still seeing crap on the sidewalks.
COVID changed the rules. With so many people working from home now, they can live anywhere.

Why live in a toxic, open-sewer of a shithole like New Yawk, risk your life going to the store, pay exhorbitant taxes, stupid, stupid, STOOPID rent, watch your kids get transitioned by dimocrap scum teachers, when you can live in, say -- The Carolinas, or Tennessee and lead a normal life?

And here's a bit of a surprise, most of the people moving to FLorida from Out of State are more conservative than not. I'd say 60-40. And here's something else that's a surprise.... Many of the dims that move here actually become conservative after a little while.

I had a customer that I remember, a Black guy, a just-retired NYC Cop. A little prejudiced, concerned about race and how he and his family would be accepted or shunned. After he was here for about a year, he came back in, to pay a bill, and he was seriously happy. He told me what I told him when he moved here..... We don't give a shit what color your skin is. But we do care how you act. He had no trouble fitting in. People welcomed him, treated him like an honored guest. Invited he and his wife for dinner.

He was telling me about Pool Parties he attended, being introduced to Golf, dancing with people regardless of skin color and how Floridians just don't give a shit what color peoples' skin is. But we DO care how you act. Got no time fo the 'hood.

The same is true in much of the South. The sad truth is -- The North is far, far, FAR more segregated than the South. Even where no racism exists, dimocrap FILTH try to create it. Because, without it, dimocrap scum got -- Nothing; other than genitalia. Gays, Trannies, abortion. It's all they got. The usual fear and hatred. It comprises their entire platform

Yeah those suckers for low cost of living who would rather spend their hard earned money to get more for there dollar than the horrendously overpriced and taxed postage stamp sized properties near the drug infested homeless encampments in California. What a bunch of losers.

For the most part the citizens of Alabama don't want people from California moving here. Loons are like a virus. They leave the place they helped fuck up when they can't live there anymore, and just spread that same fuckery to everywhere else they land. It's a vicious cycle perpetrated by literate retards.
People make money in real states like California and NY... then they retire and buy up the good land next to the beach in FL - or in my case simply buy a second home in Florida on the beach. The yahoos will priced out of the state in a few years. Almost already happening. Texas is already tinting purple and Florida is right behind it. The safe states are the flyover cesspools no one wants to live in.

Well, I actually do love Metro Dee-troit. Metro Dee-troit is sweet. Lots of small inland lakes. I happen to live on the lake closest to Dee-troit. So it's a great location if you work. A lot of the lakes in Metro Dee-troit are not easy to get to. They designed the roads that way on purpose. No riff raff coming out to them to steal because they'll call 911 and the cops will catch you before you get to the on ramp. Where I live it's 5 minutes you can be on the expressway so we've had Dee-troiters come out and steal. We caught them on camera.

Yes, Ft. Lauderdale is a great if you are rich but there is a section of the city that's high crime.

I notice that people who live in paradise are still unhappy.

Don't forget, someone bitched about YOU too when you moved to Florida. Now you're bitching about new people doing what you did? Isn't that how people are? We all do it. We move to someplace great and then get mad when other's follow.

I also heard in Ft Lauderdale the cops don't report all the crimes that happen. If they did it would make them look a lot like Dee-troit.
Fort Lauderdale is Broward County. And I don't mean to be a butthead but, Lauderdale sucks, I would never recommend it to anybody.. Big time. It's got all the bad things of a Big City wth none of the benefits of FLorida. Sorry if that offends you but that's how I see it

Miami is 'okay'. Fort Myers, where I live, is fast becoming Miami West. Don't like. But we're more high end now.

When I first moved here, Fort Myers/Lee County was a small retirement/fishing community targeting the less affluent Midwesterners.

Now, we're the Higher End. Fort Myers/Naples is as expensive as it gets -- Anywhere in the Country. Akshally, anywhere in the world. It used to be West Palm, etc. Not anymore.

I think what's going on is, people sell their houses up North and move here, then see what they can afford because taxes play a big part.

Whatev

Yes Detroit suburbs have some of the richest and nicest neighnorhoods there are. But Detroit itself sucks a big wiener. I have a tiny little hobby farm between Lansing and Grand Rapids. I like Michigan and I like the people.

Much more expensive to live there than here. Taxes, heating, car insurance. But I like it. If I can talk the War Department, er, er, the Wife into leaving Florida, I'd like to build on my 5 acres. But nobody seems to be interested. Nobody wants to work up there. I don't know how they get by.

It's actually kinda sad. I don't get it. Florida, and the South in general is so alive and vibrant, and the North just seems to have given up.

Sad

Not if they are going to vote for the same shit that ruined their own State.
You'd be surprised how few of them do. They might defend the shitholes they came from out of some misguided sense of loyaly but most of them are already conservative and moved because they couldn't stand being the only people around with eyes that could see what was happening or they move here and see what conservatives are talking about -- How we live much more fulfilling and happy lives.

And they want that, too. Everybody does.

While dimocrap scum talk about it, make promises they have no intention of keeping, Republicans simply do it.

It is NOT an accident that every single dimocrap scum-controlled City and State in the USA is a shithole. Every last one. And the best places to live are in Republican controlled areas.

Liberals spreading out. Keep bragging. Texas will be Blue in 4-6 years. Florida in less.

Liberals spreading out. Keep bragging. Texas will be Blue in 4-6 years. Florida in less.
The only way Red States turn blue is when corruption is allowed to set in. dimocraps lie, they cheat, and they steal. Especially elections.

The biggest reason we're safe here in Florida is because we prosecute election fraud. We don't always get convictions because fraud is very, very difficult to get a conviction on, especially voter fraud -- Defense Lawyer: "Why did you fill out your imprisoned husband's voter Ballot, Mrs dimocrap scumbag?"
Mrs dimocrap scumbag: "Because my husband axed me to vote for him while he was in jail and tole me who to vote for. He toll me it was okay!" sniff-sniff, sob-sob.

Jury: Not guilty

We don't really want o put dumbasses in prison, we just want voter fraud to stop. It does. In Florida, we believe in enforcing the Law.

Just a couple days ago, a would-be bank robber took a hostage in a bank less than two blocks from my house. The Cops asked him one (1) time. Once. To release the hostage and surrender. He refused and a Lee County Sheriff sniper shot him through the head witha .308 Sniper Rifle. He dead.

Just a few days ago, a journo interviewed some thieves that lived in Florida but traveled to New Yawk Shitty to commit their crimes. All their crimes. scumbag sez: "Why don't you just commit your crimes in Florida?" Dirtbags say, "Because in Florida, you go to Jail for committing crimes."

You may think these are tall tales. They are not. They are FACTS. The fact that dimocraps won't accept them as true is, frankly, your problem.

I went to the trouble of finding it for you.... You're welcome

Fort Lauderdale is Broward County. And I don't mean to be a butthead but, Lauderdale sucks, I would never recommend it to anybody.. Big time. It's got all the bad things of a Big City wth none of the benefits of FLorida. Sorry if that offends you but that's how I see it

Miami is 'okay'. Fort Myers, where I live, is fast becoming Miami West. Don't like. But we're more high end now.

When I first moved here, Fort Myers/Lee County was a small retirement/fishing community targeting the less affluent Midwesterners.

Now, we're the Higher End. Fort Myers/Naples is as expensive as it gets -- Anywhere in the Country. Akshally, anywhere in the world. It used to be West Palm, etc. Not anymore.

I think what's going on is, people sell their houses up North and move here, then see what they can afford because taxes play a big part.

Whatev

Yes Detroit suburbs have some of the richest and nicest neighnorhoods there are. But Detroit itself sucks a big wiener. I have a tiny little hobby farm between Lansing and Grand Rapids. I like Michigan and I like the people.

Much more expensive to live there than here. Taxes, heating, car insurance. But I like it. If I can talk the War Department, er, er, the Wife into leaving Florida, I'd like to build on my 5 acres. But nobody seems to be interested. Nobody wants to work up there. I don't know how they get by.

It's actually kinda sad. I don't get it. Florida, and the South in general is so alive and vibrant, and the North just seems to have given up.

Sad
Metro Detroit is great. Really it is. Except when manufacturing isn't doing good, then we get hurt the most and first and it takes us the longest to get out because we rely too much on manufacturing. Specifically auto industry. But we're better than that now honestly.

We have 60 acres up by Boyne Mountain. We're looking for a second hunting property closer. Near Lansing because my 2 nephews go to MSU. 20 acres in Webberville maybe?

Oh you can't offend me by poking fun of Lauderdale. I don't live here. I am criticizing Florida myself.

And who you kidding? When it gets hot in Florida, you wish you were in Michigan. Michigan is great 6 months and Florida is great 6 months. But I'm finding food prices here are double what they are back home. The good thing is I'm losing weight.

No one envies a person who moves to Florida full time. We only envy the snowbirds. People come for 6 and leave for 6.

But I do love it now.

i dont control the prices moon....
General Mills cereal jacked up their prices during covid. Then people got sick of cereal and no one is buying. And they got used to those high prices. Now they don't want to lower prices even though the pandemic is over. This is what's wrong with Libertarians. They would say there is nothing wrong with the economy. Let the market decide the prices.

MINNEAPOLIS — General Mills, Inc. has made several changes to its leadership, including naming a new leader for its North America Foodservice segment.

Pankaj Sharma, currently president of US Meals & Baking Solutions, has been promoted to president of North America Foodservice, effective Feb. 16.

He will succeed Shawn O’Grady, who will move into a senior adviser role until his retirement early this summer.

Bet Shawn is going to walk with a golden parachutte. BET he's not 70. I thought most people are living longer so we should all work till 70? How come Shawn's not?

Yup, he's 56 years old.

Forum List

Back