Rich Americans are ditching California

they have pay to use roads in California too......
Dude, I am experiencing everything you say about California, only I'm in Florida. I paid $12 yesterday for a bottle of mayo. Florida and Texas are two of the most expensive states for Food.

1. Isn't this a state issue? In other words, is Biden to blame or is Ron D to blame for Florida food prices?

2. No one rich is moving away from California. If they are, the only comparable place is Florida. When they get here they're going to find things are just as expensive here.

3. And let's not worry about rich people. What about the woman who's rent went from $1000 a month to $1500? What is Ron going to do about his state?

Just pointing out that people who want to brag Florida is a great red state, the cost of lving is out of control. Home owners insurance. Skyrocketing house prices. Is it Biden's fault or Ron DiSantis? Glad you guys didn't pick that ass clown. Now he's back being the king of Florida. Pretending things are good here.

Well they are for people who have money. Just like in California. And like California, Florida has a lot of tourism. So in the big cities like Miami and Ft Lauderdale, they are going to gouge the tourism.

Let's not forget the Florida turnpike. You have to pay a fee just to get in to Florida.

Do they have that in California? Imagine the toll let's say $10 x every person driving in and out of Florida. How many tourist come and go and pay $20? A lot. You're welcome Floridiots.

To summarize:
You went from Butbutbutbut Kansas!
To
Butbutbutbut Florida!

California’s population dipped below 39 million in 2023, the lowest count since 2015, according to the U.S. Census Bureau. Data shows the state lost 75,423 residents last year — continuing a dramatic trend that started with the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020.

Analysis of the approximately 750,000 people who have bid farewell to California over the last three years has revealed that thousands more high-earning, well-educated workers have left the Golden State than have moved in.

California has the highest state income tax in the country. Technically, its income tax brackets end at 12.3%, but the state applies an additional 1% on personal income over $1 million — meaning its wealthiest residents must pay a whopping 13.3%.

Those ultra-wealthy Californians, the top 1%, typically pay between 40-50% of the state’s personal income tax revenue.

Well, Govenor Newsom, good luck with that budget deficit. Those of us still in California, we may want to consider investing in stocks that sell tents.

https://moneywise.com/life/lifestyle/why-rich-americans-are-leaving-california
The tech billionaires who for years secretly amassed land in the scrubby grasslands on the fringe of San Francisco Bay announced Wednesday that they will begin gathering signatures for a ballot initiative in Solano County that would clear the way to build a city from scratch.Jan 17, 2024

Billionaires plan futuristic California city, gather signatures​

Dude, I am experiencing everything you say about California, only I'm in Florida. I paid $12 yesterday for a bottle of mayo. Florida and Texas are two of the most expensive states for Food.

1. Isn't this a state issue? In other words, is Biden to blame or is Ron D to blame for Florida food prices?

2. No one rich is moving away from California. If they are, the only comparable place is Florida. When they get here they're going to find things are just as expensive here.

3. And let's not worry about rich people. What about the woman who's rent went from $1000 a month to $1500? What is Ron going to do about his state?
12 bucks?.....i paid just last week 8.99 for some here in Vegas at a Vons....what pisses me off is when biden and co. tell us things are going great,yea for people who either got money or are making a good buck......there are a hell of a lot of people who are struggling to get buy,and are tired of being told you are exaggerating your problems....and yes bobo many rich people some with businesses moved out of California,i took many of their change of addresses just back then......big businesses can absorb the cost of operating there,smaller places not so much.....

If you can stand the rubes.

I'm going to assume the same goes for California. No matter how expensive it gets, people don't want to move. Think about how lovely it is in Florida in the winter. What other state can these people move that will be even close to how great Florida is.

If anything, the summers are what would make me move. Hot as fuck. But these people seem to love it.

You can't help love the coast.

OMG I talked to a woman who was at the insurrection. I asked if she went inside she said no she made it to the steps. I love these idiots think everyone agrees with their dumb asses.

It's hard to explain why exactly they are dumb. I think it's because they only know what they are told. For example, she was complaining how illegals come here and they don't come here legally like her family did. You'll never guess where her family came from...... CUBA!!! She's so fucking stupid. She doesn't realize her ancestors came here illegally, on a fucking boat! Yes we took in Cuban's who swam here but that's not coming here legally. WTF????

I'm going to assume the same goes for California. No matter how expensive it gets, people don't want to move. Think about how lovely it is in Florida in the winter. What other state can these people move that will be even close to how great Florida is.

If anything, the summers are what would make me move. Hot as fuck. But these people seem to love it.

You can't help love the coast.

OMG I talked to a woman who was at the insurrection. I asked if she went inside she said no she made it to the steps. I love these idiots think everyone agrees with their dumb asses.

It's hard to explain why exactly they are dumb. I think it's because they only know what they are told. For example, she was complaining how illegals come here and they don't come here legally like her family did. You'll never guess where her family came from...... CUBA!!! She's so fucking stupid. She doesn't realize her ancestors came here illegally, on a fucking boat! Yes we took in Cuban's who swam here but that's not coming here legally. WTF????
did you confront her with this info bobo?....or was she just to intimidating?....

12 bucks?.....i paid just last week 8.99 for some here in Vegas at a Vons....what pisses me off is when biden and co. tell us things are going great,yea for people who either got money or are making a good buck......there are a hell of a lot of people who are struggling to get buy,and are tired of being told you are exaggerating your problems....and yes bobo many rich people some with businesses moved out of California,i took many of their change of addresses just back then......big businesses can absorb the cost of operating there,smaller places not so much.....
Things are going great. Just not for poor people. Or middle class people. They are spending too much. Which means they aren't saving. That was a problem before Biden. Houses cost too much, food costs too much.

But isn't this also a state isssue? Because Florida is at the top of the list and Michigan isn't even on the list of most expensive food in America.

My one buddy said don't be shocked that the most desirable places in America to live are also the most expensive.

Why is Texas at the top of the list?

did you confront her with this info bobo?....or was she just to intimidating?....

I prefer to pretend I agree with her. I have to see this woman every day. And do you really think YOU would tell her that you are a Liberal after she called them LIBTARDS 4 times in 5 minutes? Why? Do you think I'm going to change her mind?

Things are going great. Just not for poor people. Or middle class people. They are spending too much. Which means they aren't saving. That was a problem before Biden. Houses cost too much, food costs too much.

But isn't this also a state isssue? Because Florida is at the top of the list and Michigan isn't even on the list of most expensive food in America.

My one buddy said don't be shocked that the most desirable places in America to live are also the most expensive.

Why is Texas at the top of the list?
That was a problem before Biden.

it wasnt a problem before biden?.....i never seen people bitch about how everything is going up and its tough getting buy.like it is done today, during Bush...during Obama......and even Trump at least up to covid....but i am seeing it now during biden....

it wasnt a problem before biden?.....i never seen people bitch about how everything is going up and its tough getting buy.like it is done today, during Bush...during Obama......and even Trump at least up to covid....but i am seeing it now during biden....
I seem to recall inflation was worse on Carter/Reagan's watch. It was fixed. Relax. It's getting fixed now. But in what states? In Michigan prices are coming down and half what I'm seeing in Florida.

Here are some comments from Floridiots

My homeowners insurance is now $5000/yr, flood $6000/ yr. I had flood and homeowners claims with hurricane Ian. Taxes also increased another $1000/ year. My mortgage interest rate is low, but it doesn't matter when I can't afford taxes and insurance. I want to leave because i cant afford this. However, my family is all here in Florida and I want to stay a part of their lives. I know I'm not alone. I feel so stressed and defeated. What is everyone else doing?

It is homelessness. The solution of living in a vehicle is not a solution. I hate that bathing at a truck stop is now being glamorized when people deserve a real roof over their head.

Yes, it's getting real bad, IN FLORIDA

OMG people's advice is sell your home and buy a RV. LOL.

You’re absolutely right . I have a house in citrus 🍊 county . They building a target and some other stores near where Walmart is . Those workers will need a house to live . Everyone complains that there is no workers . You go out to a restaurant you have to wait cuz they are under staffed the ones who do work are over worked and are barely making by with what they make . What we need is a crash in the marketplace to correct the current situation. But maybe there is no going back .

To match the affordability of homes in 2019, housing prices would need to crash 50% and that's not even taking insurance increases into account. That big of a crash would be a cataclysmic event and leave a massive amount of people out of work.

For comparison, the 2007 crash only saw prices drop 20% at their lowest point and that didn't happen until 2009.

I’m in Burlington county NJ. Property taxes are 4-6K where I’m looking, cheap homes, higher pay, and my boyfriend is looking for buy a 6 bedroom farmhouse for 375K.

Those saying the north is expensive want to either live in a shore county (e.g., Monmouth or ocean county), or staring at a city (e.g., Camden county, Bergen county)

Florida is only cheaper for the wealthy.

I’m a former Floridian and truly loved growing up there. I still have a Florida phone # despite leaving nearly 15 years ago. But I can’t afford to live there and if I ever lost my remote job, I could NEVER find a decent paying job in most of Florida that would allow me to live the decent working class life I have in NJ.

What are you people doing with all the mayo it is less than five bucks at the store here in Mizzouri.

LMAO what a LOAD of Dem rubbish. What's the state income tax in California? Now what's the state income tax in Florida. How much does a shit 3 bed 1 bath house cost in California? I can do this all day.

So you base your financial well being on the size of your house?

Starting with Reagan, Republicans started passing policies that hurt the middle class. Republicans here still go into a crazed rant if you bring up unions. So the GOP really sold Republicans on how the middle class got what they deserved when corporations sent all those good paying jobs overseas.

Instead of stopping it and forcing the corporations and employees to come to an agreement, instead, and on purpose because they wanted to break those unions, they allowed companies to go to China and Mexico, companies during Bush's great recession all went bankrupt and got to reneg on all those pensions. It was all by design.

Anyways, I remember in the 2000's reading an article how there is a generation of people who are never going to make what they made before the Bush Great Recession. NEVER. They aren't going back to school. They aren't going to start their own business'. They are simply going to make less. And these my friends are all the former union workers who vote for Trump. Or their kids. They work at Walmart now. Before they worked at GM and Ford making good money. And they vote GOP. But they don't realize when those jobs come back they will only pay $15 hr. AND, we don't have the workers.

Did someone say we have immigrants who want to come in? Let them in!

LMAO what a LOAD of Dem rubbish. What's the state income tax in California? Now what's the state income tax in Florida. How much does a shit 3 bed 1 bath house cost in California? I can do this all day.

My uncle's 2 bedroom ranch home with no basement and small backyard is worth over $1 million dollars. That's insane.

Don't give me that no sales tax bullshit. BFD. The prices of shit here is double what it is in Michigan. The no sales tax thing may benefit millionaires but I assure you that you are paying way more, even after you factor in that you pay no sales tax. That only benefits Shaq.

Ron D is not qualified to be president. If this is what the nation would look like. Florida is just one step behind California. In fact Miami food is more expensive than Cali's.

Forum List

Back