Revisiting That Dirty Popular Vote Thing Again

Congress can.
No they cant.
This is a perfect example of how america has fallen so far.
Our voting block is full of morons.

Yes they can, it would take a 2/3 vote.
No they can not It takes an amendment.

Who do you think passes amendments?

Constitutional Amendment Process

Oh yea, CONGRESS, with a 2/3 majority. Oh look I was right all along and you were wrong. Stop spreading disinformation.

look you dumb ass Congress CREATES the amendment States pass the amendment.

From my link:

"The Constitution provides that an amendment may be proposed either by the Congress with a two-thirds majority vote in both the House of Representatives and the Senate or by a constitutional convention called for by two-thirds of the State legislatures."

And so I was right, congress does do it. Thanks!.

No they cant.

Oh yea, CONGRESS, with a 2/3 majority. Oh look I was right all along and you were wrong. Stop spreading disinformation.

From my link:

"The Constitution provides that an amendment may be proposed either by the Congress with a two-thirds majority vote in both the House of Representatives and the Senate or by a constitutional convention called for by two-thirds of the State legislatures."

It says PROPOSE, read the next few paragraphs you retard the STATES not Congress approve an amendment.

From my link:

It says PROPOSE, read the next few paragraphs you retard the STATES not Congress approve an amendment.

Uh huh, and without congress the states would have to propose the amendment and that has never happened in the history of our nation.

So no amendment can happen without congress.

Thanks for playing!

No they cant.

From my link:

Yes, congress can propose.
It can NOT pass without the states.
Goddamn dude, read article 5. Or, perhaps, read the history of every amendment in the constitution.
Jesus.
The STATES are the final say so.
If congress had all the power, a constitution would be redundant

From my link:

Uh huh, and without congress the states would have to propose the amendment and that has never happened in the history of our nation.

Thanks for playing!
You CLAIMED Congress approves amendments they don't.

From my link:

Thanks for playing!
You just fucking posted it can happen without congress.
Jesus fucking Christ!

From my link:

Thanks for playing!
He doesnt know. He obviously cant even read what he copy/pastes either

The State Govt is given 2 electors to represent their State govts vote, the 2 electors given for the 2 US Senators..... the other electors the States get, are suppose to represent the vote count, of the people, not WINNER TAKES ALL electors.
Says who?

The State Govt is given 2 electors to represent their State govts vote, the 2 electors given for the 2 US Senators..... the other electors the States get, are suppose to represent the vote count, of the people, not WINNER TAKES ALL electors.
Says who?
The State says, and for 48 States it is winner take all. The will of the majority wins.

I am sick of hearing that Hillary won the "popular vote" when that doesn't even count for anything! What counts is the popular vote AT THE STATE LEVEL, after that, it becomes 50 STATE elections. You don't win a country,

YOU WIN STATES.

You'd think democrats and Hillary would KNOW that considering that she was both First Lady, New York Senator and Secretary of STATE.

So I went back and wanted to look at the data a bit different way.

I'm also sick of hearing how pathetic the red states are. So I wanted to know, just what WAS each candidate really up against in 2016 and what did they really win?

In 2016, Hillary won TWENTY states, Trump won THIRTY. To win a state, you have to go up against all voters in a given state; the more people, the more likely voters so, the harder it is to win. And by winning a state, you also win and carry the voice of that state and the people that go in it. So what exactly did the 2016 candidates win?

I looked up the latest tallies of state population, and in the 20 states that Hillary won, her states total population (THE BLUE STATES) was: 2016 BLUE STATE POPULATION = 140,743,676.

And the thirty states that Trump won? 2016 RED STATE POPULATION = 163,435,276.

Yes. Trump's states have 22,691,600 more people in them. A not so small fact I've never seen mentioned before. What is the significance of this?

Trump won 30 states with nearly 23 million more people in them compared to Hillary's 20 states. Not only does that mean you had to carry sway with more people in more states (and by implication, means Trump represented a far greater diversity of the nation!), it means that there are many millions of people who either didn't vote last time or voted against Trump in states he won before who could decide to come out and vote this time or switch their vote to Trump after the recent fiasco of years of Democrats making false claims and accusations all proven wrong and spending tens of millions of dollars of hard earned taxpayer money on silly Russia investigations and a baseless, desperate, petulant, childish impeachment that was nothing more than an abuse of House power resulting in a near Constitutional crisis.

Democrats have stirred up an angry hornets nest, meantime, with the likes of who they have to represent them this time, Democrats may find many of themselves demoralized bowing to the futility.

The 50 US States Ranked By Population

In case anyone wants to check my math.

Trump has 30 states and a potential of up to TWENTY MILLION additional voters this time around, his supporters are pissed, and that is if he doesn't even win any additional states! ;)

Democrats CAN'T feel good about that.

Hillary won the popular vote

I am sick of hearing that Hillary won the "popular vote" when that doesn't even count for anything! What counts is the popular vote AT THE STATE LEVEL, after that, it becomes 50 STATE elections. You don't win a country,

YOU WIN STATES.

You'd think democrats and Hillary would KNOW that considering that she was both First Lady, New York Senator and Secretary of STATE.

I'm also sick of hearing how pathetic the red states are. So I wanted to know, just what WAS each candidate really up against in 2016 and what did they really win?

In 2016, Hillary won TWENTY states, Trump won THIRTY. To win a state, you have to go up against all voters in a given state; the more people, the more likely voters so, the harder it is to win. And by winning a state, you also win and carry the voice of that state and the people that go in it. So what exactly did the 2016 candidates win?

I looked up the latest tallies of state population, and in the 20 states that Hillary won, her states total population (THE BLUE STATES) was: 2016 BLUE STATE POPULATION = 140,743,676.

Yes. Trump's states have 22,691,600 more people in them. A not so small fact I've never seen mentioned before. What is the significance of this?

Trump won 30 states with nearly 23 million more people in them compared to Hillary's 20 states. Not only does that mean you had to carry sway with more people in more states (and by implication, means Trump represented a far greater diversity of the nation!), it means that there are many millions of people who either didn't vote last time or voted against Trump in states he won before who could decide to come out and vote this time or switch their vote to Trump after the recent fiasco of years of Democrats making false claims and accusations all proven wrong and spending tens of millions of dollars of hard earned taxpayer money on silly Russia investigations and a baseless, desperate, petulant, childish impeachment that was nothing more than an abuse of House power resulting in a near Constitutional crisis.

Democrats have stirred up an angry hornets nest, meantime, with the likes of who they have to represent them this time, Democrats may find many of themselves demoralized bowing to the futility.

Trump has 30 states and a potential of up to TWENTY MILLION additional voters this time around, his supporters are pissed, and that is if he doesn't even win any additional states! ;)

Hillary won the popular vote

How does one win something they never tried to get in the first place?

Says who?
Hamilton and Madison.
The States are FREE to create the way they award electoral votes and 48 do it with winner take all, Be specific now and link us to when they did not.

The founders originally discussed the House of Representatives and Senate would pick or vote on who would be President and vice president.... but they thought that could be too contentious.

So Hamilton primarily, created the electoral college, where each state got 1 elector, for each congressional district, and one elector for each US Senator, and at the time Senators represented the State govt, and each US Congressman represented we the people, within their own congressional district.

The electors .modeled our representation and state's representation in the federal govt. The house and Senate vote was replaced by electors....

In the House, when they vote on anything, each congress critter has their own individual vote, representing their own congressional district....the Electors given them for each congressional district in each state, should vote the same way....

It's nuts that the States changed it to the winner of the State takes all electors.... it's WHACKO that we the people no longer have an elector for our congressional district and the State took our vote and representation of choosing our President away from us.

My state is one of the exceptions.

We only have two congressional Districts, so Maine gets 2 electors for our two US congressmen, plus they get 2 electors representing our Senators who represent the State govt in D.C..

4 electors in total.

District 1, voted for Hillary. 1 elector
District 2, voted for Trump, 1 elector for him

In the overall vote in the state, Hillary got the most votes by us citizens.... So the State, gave the 2 electors representing the two US Senators, went to Hillary, for winning the State's popular vote.

Hillary 3 electors
Trump 1 elector

The founders originally discussed the House of Representatives and Senate would pick or vote on who would be President and vice president.... but they thought that could be too contentious.

So Hamilton primarily, created the electoral college, where each state got 1 elector, for each congressional district, and one elector for each US Senator, and at the time Senators represented the State govt, and each US Congressman represented we the people, within their own congressional district.

The electors .modeled our representation and state's representation in the federal govt. The house and Senate vote was replaced by electors....

In the House, when they vote on anything, each congress critter has their own individual vote, representing their own congressional district....the Electors given them for each congressional district in each state, should vote the same way....

It's nuts that the States changed it to the winner of the State takes all electors.... it's WHACKO that we the people no longer have an elector for our congressional district and the State took our vote and representation of choosing our President away from us.

My state is one of the exceptions.

We only have two congressional Districts, so Maine gets 2 electors for our two US congressmen, plus they get 2 electors representing our Senators who represent the State govt in D.C..

4 electors in total.

District 1, voted for Hillary. 1 elector
District 2, voted for Trump, 1 elector for him

In the overall vote in the state, Hillary got the most votes by us citizens.... So the State, gave the 2 electors representing the two US Senators, went to Hillary, for winning the State's popular vote.

Hillary 3 electors
Trump 1 elector
I asked for a link to when all States had that policy. Be specific now and show us when it changed.

I didn't take the time of counting votes, but anyway Clinton and Gore both won the majority vote.

Oh, hypocrisy...

1518745982211.jpg

The SCOTUS can't change the electoral college. That requires changing the constitution and that's not the SCOTUS's job.

YOU WIN STATES.

I didn't take the time of counting votes, but anyway Clinton and Gore both won the majority vote.

And who cares ?

From my link:

Thanks for playing!
yes...
Congress CREATES an amendment, with 2/3s vote of the house and Senate, then 3/4s of the State legislators have to approve the amendment Congress created, before the amendment is valid, or approved

Article 5 of the U.S. Constitution Summary - Amendment Ratification

Forum List

Back