Reverse Stupidity

While I think that causing anyone unnecessary harm is bad I do not feel that calling out China on its hiding of information on the virus is wrong.
But we could also look back at world war 2 and the way Japanese were rounded up and placed in interment camps. Their property sold off at pennies on the dollar or given away.
When people are scared by the media 24/7 it is not to be unexpected that some will lash out.
What happened during WWII wasn't "the people," it was the scumbag fdr who threw innocent Americans into his concentration camps. Regardless, that really has nothing to do with this topic.

What we're talking about here is Chinese Americans (any Asian Americans, really) being assaulted here, and the corrupt, obvious CCP encouraging similar attitudes there.
I know you don't really understand the constitution nor history. But if it had only been FDR it would never have been done.
We are talking about the same hysteria. They are very similar in the fact you are talking humans and human nature

Well, FDR signed it, and he didn't have to.
No but we had people that were upset, scared, mad you name the emotion. He could have tried not to but you have to realize there were probably all kinds of congress people and other heads of government agencies talking about sedition, spies etc.

Look at people that were complaining that Trump had too much power. Now you see those same ones complaining that he did not act with an iron fist and close the borders. That he is not forcing every company to make ventilators and ppe. That he is not stopping all movement in cities, states. In that you see some of the things that were being pushed on FDR.

People tend to act irrationally when they are mad, fearful or any human emotion.

As you know, we have that "thing" called the Constitution that protect minorities from tyranny of majority, and what fascist wannabe FDR did (among many other things) was unconstitutional.
I agree, but we also have to houses of congress that have oversight. We also have a population that is supposed to be over sight of all. So to think that FDR did it without anyones approval is not understanding of the U.S. or people.

He signed executive order first, without anyone's approval. He wanted it, he signed it, than asked for approval and funding that he get from Democrat ruled Senate and House thru Public Law 503.

The problem with that law was that Republicans had no muscle to fight it, and anyone who would vote against it would be labeled by Democrats as traitor. Who could have guess that would happen? Second, there were two Republicans who fought it despite of threats, Governor Ralph Carr of Colorado and Senator Robert Taft of Ohio. Oh, and FBI director Hoover was against it, because there was no proof for Japanese American disloyalty.

Tell me something, if FDR could do it to Japanese Americans, why he hasn't done it to Italian Americans, or German Americans, with the same premise of national security, and loyalty? The only difference was that Japanese Americans look different, and that would be pure racism. Of course, coming from a party that was always racist... the left, Democrats.
I think you missed the fact that Germans and Italians were included. German and Italian organizations were also watched closely.
While I have no love for the democrats since the last true democrat died with JFK I think you are attempting to put way too much political spin on things.
As you stated if he or anyone would have refused they would have been labeled as treasonous. But by who? The general populace.

There were significantly fewer Italian and German detainees. The camps weren't officially characterized as "Japanese" camps, they just held almost exclusively Japanese Americans, and very few of other ethnicities. This is primarily because of civilian racism spawned by military suspicions that Japan was gearing up to attack the West Coast. In fact, really only Japanese residents on the West Coast were detained and relocated. The number of Italian Americans and German Americans in internment camps was about 11,000 and unlike Japanese Americans and Aleuts, they did not get reparations, although they did sue for it.
So you are in agreement that not only was it just Japanese there were others. So you are in agreement that anyone that did not agree with the internment would have been labeled as seditionist, treasonist, or worse.
So you are agreeing that congress and the American population obviously agreed with the camps.
So in essence you are agreeing with exactly what I have said.
Thank you.

While I think that causing anyone unnecessary harm is bad I do not feel that calling out China on its hiding of information on the virus is wrong.
But we could also look back at world war 2 and the way Japanese were rounded up and placed in interment camps. Their property sold off at pennies on the dollar or given away.
When people are scared by the media 24/7 it is not to be unexpected that some will lash out.
What happened during WWII wasn't "the people," it was the scumbag fdr who threw innocent Americans into his concentration camps. Regardless, that really has nothing to do with this topic.

What we're talking about here is Chinese Americans (any Asian Americans, really) being assaulted here, and the corrupt, obvious CCP encouraging similar attitudes there.
I know you don't really understand the constitution nor history. But if it had only been FDR it would never have been done.
We are talking about the same hysteria. They are very similar in the fact you are talking humans and human nature

Well, FDR signed it, and he didn't have to.
No but we had people that were upset, scared, mad you name the emotion. He could have tried not to but you have to realize there were probably all kinds of congress people and other heads of government agencies talking about sedition, spies etc.

Look at people that were complaining that Trump had too much power. Now you see those same ones complaining that he did not act with an iron fist and close the borders. That he is not forcing every company to make ventilators and ppe. That he is not stopping all movement in cities, states. In that you see some of the things that were being pushed on FDR.

People tend to act irrationally when they are mad, fearful or any human emotion.

As you know, we have that "thing" called the Constitution that protect minorities from tyranny of majority, and what fascist wannabe FDR did (among many other things) was unconstitutional.
I agree, but we also have to houses of congress that have oversight. We also have a population that is supposed to be over sight of all. So to think that FDR did it without anyones approval is not understanding of the U.S. or people.

He signed executive order first, without anyone's approval. He wanted it, he signed it, than asked for approval and funding that he get from Democrat ruled Senate and House thru Public Law 503.

The problem with that law was that Republicans had no muscle to fight it, and anyone who would vote against it would be labeled by Democrats as traitor. Who could have guess that would happen? Second, there were two Republicans who fought it despite of threats, Governor Ralph Carr of Colorado and Senator Robert Taft of Ohio. Oh, and FBI director Hoover was against it, because there was no proof for Japanese American disloyalty.

Tell me something, if FDR could do it to Japanese Americans, why he hasn't done it to Italian Americans, or German Americans, with the same premise of national security, and loyalty? The only difference was that Japanese Americans look different, and that would be pure racism. Of course, coming from a party that was always racist... the left, Democrats.
I think you missed the fact that Germans and Italians were included. German and Italian organizations were also watched closely.
While I have no love for the democrats since the last true democrat died with JFK I think you are attempting to put way too much political spin on things.
As you stated if he or anyone would have refused they would have been labeled as treasonous. But by who? The general populace.

There were significantly fewer Italian and German detainees. The camps weren't officially characterized as "Japanese" camps, they just held almost exclusively Japanese Americans, and very few of other ethnicities. This is primarily because of civilian racism spawned by military suspicions that Japan was gearing up to attack the West Coast. In fact, really only Japanese residents on the West Coast were detained and relocated. The number of Italian Americans and German Americans in internment camps was about 11,000 and unlike Japanese Americans and Aleuts, they did not get reparations, although they did sue for it.
So you are in agreement that not only was it just Japanese there were others. So you are in agreement that anyone that did not agree with the internment would have been labeled as seditionist, treasonist, or worse.
So you are agreeing that congress and the American population obviously agreed with the camps.
So in essence you are agreeing with exactly what I have said.
Thank you.

Have I sad that?

Only thing I commented on was that there were Italian and German Americans interned, but in much smaller numbers.

FDR signed EO 9066. Majority of Congress agreed with it, and sure... majority of the people are pissed well before WWII started because Japan occupation of Indochina, and especially after Pearl Harbor. But even if there were military arguments for assessing the loyalty of American citizens, nothing can have justified incarcerating 120,000 people, including infants, the elderly and the mentally ill. Simply not justifiable, and not constitutional, weather majority agree with it or not.

In my mind, the unjustifiable aspect of establishing internment camps was that people... citizens at that... were rounded up solely on the basis of their ancestry. Itā€™s not unreasonable to suspect that some people might hold loyalties to their former homeland, and that certainly justifies surveillance. Thatā€™s a far different thing than simply assuming that everyone of Japanese ancestry was a suspect. Japanese American soldiers in the 442nd Regimental Combat Team, is the most decorated unit in U.S military history, which was awarded more than 18,000 medals in less than two years, despite having a fighting complement of only 4,000. Those who defend internment camps today would put them in those camp, certainly.

Think where the most justification for internment came from? Just as today, media are those who creates public opinion, decides who's innocent or guilty in court of law, or should president be impeached and removed from office.

Here is the article from LA Times, February 2, 1942:

Perhaps the most difficult and delicate question that confronts our powers that be is the handling ā€” the safe and proper treatment ā€” of our American-born Japanese, our Japanese-Americans, citizens by the accident of birth, but who are Japanese nevertheless.

A viper is nonetheless a viper wherever the egg is hatched. A leopardā€™s spots are the same and its disposition is the same wherever it is whelped.

So a Japanese-American, born of Japanese parents, nurtured upon Japanese traditions, living in a transplanted Japanese atmosphere and thoroughly inoculated with Japanese thoughts, Japanese ideas and Japanese ideals, notwithstanding his nominal brand of accidental citizenship, almost inevitably and with the rarest of exceptions grows up to be a Japanese, not an American, in his thoughts, in his ideas and in his ideals, and himself is a potential and menacing, if not an actual, danger to our country unless properly supervised, controlled and, as it were, hamstrung.

Thus, while it might cause an injustice to a few to treat them all as potential enemies and to so limit and control their activities as to prevent the possibility of their becoming actually such, I cannot escape the conclusion and I am by no means speaking idly or without a reasonable amount of knowledge on the subject ā€” I cannot escape the conclusion that such treatment, as a matter of national and even personal defense, should be accorded to each and all of them while we are at war with their race.

Here is another one, from Hearst syndicated columnist:

I am for immediate removal of every Japanese on the West Coast to a point deep in the interior. I donā€™t mean a nice part of the interior either. Herd ā€˜em up, pack ā€˜em off and give ā€˜em the inside room in the badlands. Let ā€˜em be pinched, hurt, hungry and dead up against it . . . Personally, I hate the Japanese. And that goes for all of them.

Damn shame.

By now most have probably heard of the unfortunate and idiotic accusations, abuse, and even assault of Chinese and Chinese Americans by some dopey douche bags that have taken place in the past several weeks in the US. Well, not to be outdone, the CCP, in a typical clumsy attempt at saving face in light of the fact that the virus originated there, has been encouraging their oppressed and uninformed populace to look with suspicion at the foreign population living and working there. This is resulting in increasing instances of discrimination there.

It just goes to show that people everywhere are fucking stupid, and governments are not to be trusted.

I couldn't get past the first 3 pages. Jesus the shit you had to put up with.

It's partly tribalism and scapegoating fears. I mean some people think the virus isn't a big deal, it's just a flu. On the other hand many of the same people think this is a deliberate attack on our(?) country and China has to pay. None of it makes sense and so why not hold people who have nothing to do with this but just "look" guilty.

By now most have probably heard of the unfortunate and idiotic accusations, abuse, and even assault of Chinese and Chinese Americans by some dopey douche bags that have taken place in the past several weeks in the US. Well, not to be outdone, the CCP, in a typical clumsy attempt at saving face in light of the fact that the virus originated there, has been encouraging their oppressed and uninformed populace to look with suspicion at the foreign population living and working there. This is resulting in increasing instances of discrimination there.

It just goes to show that people everywhere are fucking stupid, and governments are not to be trusted.

It's partly tribalism and scapegoating fears. I mean some people think the virus isn't a big deal, it's just a flu. On the other hand many of the same people think this is a deliberate attack on our(?) country and China has to pay. None of it makes sense and so why not hold people who have nothing to do with this but just "look" guilty.

The CCP is doing it to save face. They know they haven't contained covid in China and it is still spreading. They're going "back to normal" now, and they know it will spawn more outbreaks. They're promoting the idea that foreigners are the source of any new outbreaks to give themselves cover when it does.

The CCP is doing it to save face. They know they haven't contained covid in China and it is still spreading. They're going "back to normal" now, and they know it will spawn more outbreaks. They're promoting the idea that foreigners are the source of any new outbreaks to give themselves cover when it does.

Finally someone who knows what the hell heā€™s talking about.

Reverse Stupidity - Definition - noun. When a Democrat smartens up, leaves the party, and joins the Republican party.

They're not doing it to save face, since they've already lost it, but to remain in power.

Their Wu Mao Army is transmitting their propaganda all over the world and finding their audience in left leaning outlets.

For instance, our leftist media called it first "Wuhan Chinese virus", but today left seem deeply agitated by it, and taking Chinese side. They go so far to call president a racist for using the same term they used just weeks before. This charge from the left is neither new or interesting anymore, itā€™s followed the president around since his escalator ride in 2015. So when the mass media and social media left rallied around this marquee to challenge the administrationā€™s insistence that COVID-19, which originated in Wuhan, China, was Chinese, most of us the right just rolled our eyes thinking "what else is new?"

When you insinuate that your daughter in law is refusing to come to US because of fears of systematic, or institutional racism, you're showing signs of falling for their propaganda. So what's next? Are you gonna start preaching that Americans brought virus with them to China and release it there? I mean, why wouldn't you, since you're supporting and promoting their side anyways?

To the administration, the issue is clear: China must be held into account for the pandemic thatā€™s currently destabilizing the global markets and causing needless deaths, had they only been transparent about the outbreak and contained it. There are only two options you can chose from, be for it or against it. With an intensity that extends beyond TDS, social justice thought leaders continue to defend a line that exposes an unbroken and downright dangerous line of transmission from the CCP to media, both mass and social. Coronavirus is not the only thing that comes from China... their poisonous talking points do too. It's seems you're already infected by it.

I don't trust the Chinese government my post was simply speaking to the tribalism that COVID-19 is playing into.

They're not doing it to save face, since they've already lost it, but to remain in power.

Their Wu Mao Army is transmitting their propaganda all over the world and finding their audience in left leaning outlets.

For instance, our leftist media ...

I don't really care about the left/right pissing match.

China must be held into account for the pandemic thatā€™s currently destabilizing the global markets and causing needless deaths, had they only been transparent about the outbreak and contained it.

I totally agree with this. The rest of your post was petty, partisan horseshit.

Not really, Chinese are promoting the idea that Americans are source of initial Wuhan outbreak and they're all over social media with it.

Lijian Zhao Foreign Ministry spokesman. Twitter.

1585630349529.png

He tweeted out that it was the United States military that brought the disease to China. As you can see, he republished the March 11th congressional hearing of Robert Redfield, director of the CDC, who said some influenza deaths in the U.S. were later identified as cases of COVID-19. However in the clip, Redfield doesnā€™t mention when those people died or over what time period, but Zhao used his remarks to claim that the coronavirus did not originate in Wuhan. He, of course, offered no evidence to substantiate the claim.

Right after his tweet, the conspiracy theory was republished by Chinese state media, including in the nationally broadcasted CCTV and in the Global Times. Few days later, China Xinhua News tweet aimed at US ā€œRacism is not the right tool to cover your own incompetence.ā€

1585630801292.png

China is trying to blame us, and while they blocked the export of medical supplies, they're playing good guys by "donating" those same supplies around the world.

Not really, Chinese are promoting the idea that Americans are source of initial Wuhan outbreak and they're all over social media with it.

View attachment 317385

He tweeted out that it was the United States military that brought the disease to China. As you can see, he republished the March 11th congressional hearing of Robert Redfield, director of the CDC, who said some influenza deaths in the U.S. were later identified as cases of COVID-19. However in the clip, Redfield doesnā€™t mention when those people died or over what time period, but Zhao used his remarks to claim that the coronavirus did not originate in Wuhan. He, of course, offered no evidence to substantiate the claim.

Right after his tweet, the conspiracy theory was republished by Chinese state media, including in the nationally broadcasted CCTV and in the Global Times. Few days later, China Xinhua News tweet aimed at US ā€œRacism is not the right tool to cover your own incompetence.ā€

View attachment 317386

China is trying to blame us, and while they blocked the export of medical supplies, they're playing good guys by "donating" those same supplies around the world.

Yep. This is exactly what I'm talking about. It's like you want to argue with me, but you actually agree with me. What gives?

For instance, our leftist media ...

I don't really care about the left/right pissing match.

Right, I'm not really talking about right/left. I was referring to the racism of Asians here in the U.S. and foreigners in China.

View attachment 317385

View attachment 317386

Yep. This is exactly what I'm talking about. It's like you want to argue with me, but you actually agree with me. What gives?

I was with you up to the post where you stated that if your daughter in law would move to US, she would face institutional racism. That is not true, but you're free to believe in whatever you want. I guess that's where propaganda and ideology takes over.

View attachment 317385

View attachment 317386

I was with you up to the post where you stated that if your daughter in law would move to US, she would face institutional racism. That is not true, but you're free to believe in whatever you want. I guess that's where propaganda and ideology takes over.

Once again, you're incorrectly quoting me. I said nothing about "institutional" racism - but it's the spine of your strawman, so I guess you're reluctant to let it go.

View attachment 317385

View attachment 317386

Once again, you're incorrectly quoting me. I said nothing about "institutional" racism - but it's the spine of your strawman, so I guess you're reluctant to let it go.

Not a strawmen, you said it yourself.

Should I quote you? Let's do that...

Unfortunately, I know a little about this. My oldest is living in Xian. If he wasn't married to a Chinese woman, and if he didn't speak (fairly) fluent Chinese, he'd be screwed. He gets challenged for IDs everywhere he goes. And many businesses have begun refusing service to foreigners. He's considering coming home, but then my daughter-in-law would risk facing the same kind of stupidity here.

Blue text, you're describing institutional racism towards your son in China.
Red text, you're stating that your daughter in law would face the same in US.

Not a strawmen, you said it yourself.

Should I quote you? Let's do that...

Unfortunately, I know a little about this. My oldest is living in Xian. If he wasn't married to a Chinese woman, and if he didn't speak (fairly) fluent Chinese, he'd be screwed. He gets challenged for IDs everywhere he goes. And many businesses have begun refusing service to foreigners. He's considering coming home, but then my daughter-in-law would risk facing the same kind of stupidity here.

Blue text, you're describing institutional racism towards your son in China.

Nope. I'm describing plain ole bigotry and discrimination by businesses and people. Nothing "institutional" about it. Just racism and xenophobia.

I don't get you. It's like you mostly agree with me - but you know I don't like Trump so you feel honor bound to fight with me. Hehe.... whatever.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back