Return of Bretton Woods System

Of course it’s possible, but it also crashes the economy do you really not understand why?

We could do it. And the Fed could still manage the money supply. Right?
Investors could still earn interest, right?

Did you ever justify your "majority" claim? LOL!

We could do it. And the Fed could still manage the money supply. Right?
Investors could still earn interest, right?

Did you ever justify your "majority" claim? LOL!
Sure… here

At the end of 2022, the nation’s gross debt had reached nearly $31.4 trillion. Of that amount, about $24.5 trillion, or 78 percent, was debt held by the public —

78% goes back to public hands the majority of which is the fed reserve.

The Fed holds the majority of $24.5 trillion?
Is that your final answer?

At the end of 2022, the nation’s gross debt had reached nearly $31.4 trillion. Of that amount, about $24.5 trillion, or 78 percent, was debt held by the public —

78% goes back to public hands the majority of which is the fed reserve.

The Fed holds the majority of $24.5 trillion?
Is that your final answer?
Of the 24.5 trillion they are the majority holder

Yes, I'm done showing that the Fed doesn't hold the majority of the public debt.
Glad I could help you out.
You didn’t help. You avoided questions and diverted from the discussion to play word games. The majority of the debt is held by the Fed. Why do you want to pay back the fed. Why do you want to force payback the other debt holders? Mutual funds, pensions, insurance companies, State Governments…. What’s your rush to pay back these entities who have clearly made investments

You didn’t help. You avoided questions and diverted from the discussion to play word games. The majority of the debt is held by the Fed. Why do you want to pay back the fed. Why do you want to force payback the other debt holders? Mutual funds, pensions, insurance companies, State Governments…. What’s your rush to pay back these entities who have clearly made investments

The majority of the debt is held by the Fed.

The Fed holds almost $5.2 trillion in Treasury debt.
Debt held by the public is about $25.1 trillion.
What kind of liberal moron thinks less than 21% is the majority?

Oh, right, the question answers itself.

Why do you want to pay back the fed.

We can pay back the Fed last......or not at all.
Just for fun, explain why paying back the Fed would be bad.

Why do you want to force payback the other debt holders?

Where did I mention force?

What’s your rush to pay back these entities who have clearly made investments

Where did I say there was a rush?

The majority of the debt is held by the Fed.

The Fed holds almost $5.2 trillion in Treasury debt.
Debt held by the public is about $25.1 trillion.
What kind of liberal moron thinks less than 21% is the majority?

Oh, right, the question answers itself.
Out of all entities that hold debt the Fed holds the most. I thought I made that quite clear in our subsequent follow ups. Why are you still bringing it up?

We can pay back the Fed last......or not at all.
Just for fun, explain why paying back the Fed would be bad.
The Fed does not need it to be paid back in the way that you are implying. Neither do most the other entities. They have money invested in interest-bearing accounts. Why the big hurry to pay it off?

Out of all entities that hold debt the Fed holds the most. I thought I made that quite clear in our subsequent follow ups. Why are you still bringing it up?

They hold a plurality? Wow!
That's a lot less than a majority.

Why are you still bringing it up?

Because your multiple errors are amusing.

The Fed does not need it to be paid back in the way that you are implying. Neither do most the other entities. They have money invested in interest-bearing accounts. Why the big hurry to pay it off?

The Fed does not need it to be paid back in the way that you are implying.

I agree. That's why I said pay them back last or not at all.

Why the big hurry to pay it off?

Where did I say I was in a big hurry?

The Fed does not need it to be paid back in the way that you are implying.

I agree. That's why I said pay them back last or not at all.

Why the big hurry to pay it off?

Where did I say I was in a big hurry?
This conversation began after I made the point of trumps promise to pay the debt off in eight years. I claimed that would be catastrophic to the economy. Then you jumped in challenging that with your questions and evasive answers. You still haven’t answered most of my questions. What’s up with that?

This conversation began after I made the point of trumps promise to pay the debt off in eight years. I claimed that would be catastrophic to the economy. Then you jumped in challenging that with your questions and evasive answers. You still haven’t answered most of my questions. What’s up with that?

This conversation began after I made the point of trumps promise to pay the debt off in eight years. I claimed that would be catastrophic to the economy.

Right. And then you showed your ignorance of monetary issues.

Did you ever explain why we couldn't create new money if the government's debt was paid off?

Or why paying off debt is inflationary? That was especially amusing.

Forum List

Back