Retirees must love Biden

It says are going down? Maybe I misread it. Look again. Do you disagree that values will go down? Seriously?

It says they are in danger of going down.

They might go down a bit, but unless someone bought their house in the last 5 years they will not lose value below what they paid for it.

It says they are in danger of going down.

They might go down a bit, but unless someone bought their house in the last 5 years they will not lose value below what they paid for it.
What they paid for it, of course not but their RE taxes are higher and if they do sell they will get less. Rising rates mean fewer qualified buyers so prices will decline. This economy is not good for those on a fixed income. Yes or no?

What they paid for it, of course not but their RE taxes are higher and if they do sell they will get less

If the value goes down, their RE taxes should as well

Rising rates mean fewer qualified buyers so prices will decline.

Rates have been kept artificially low for far too long.

This economy is not good for those on a fixed income. Yes or no?

This economy is not really good for anyone outside of the really rich.

If the value goes down, their RE taxes should as well

Rates have been kept artificially low for far too long.

This economy is not really good for anyone outside of the really rich.
RE taxes are based on assessed value not appraised.
They have been low, I agree but raising them when gas and food prices are super high is a double whammy.
How is the economy good for the "really rich"? You mean they can afford the higher prices? yes

As can you but those on a fixed income cannot.

How is the economy good for the "really rich"? You mean they can afford the higher prices? yes

they also have the free cash to take advantage of the falling markets. This is one of the main ways the rapidly increase their wealth. Drive people out of the markets, buy cheap and then sit back when the markets come back.

they also have the free cash to take advantage of the falling markets. This is one of the main ways the rapidly increase their wealth. Drive people out of the markets, buy cheap and then sit back when the markets come back.
Anyone can buy cheap but a rich person can afford $200 for gas or $100 or $50. Someone on fixed income cannot. Someone like me can but doesn't like it. Rich don't care. Anyone can dollar cost average.

That goes for anybody that has a few bucks to spare. If I had the money I would be dumping it in the market right now.

Anyone can buy cheap

If they have the means to do so.

You put down 1000 bucks on a cheap stock and they put down a million...who comes out better when the market it back?

If I had the money I would be dumping it in the market right now.

But you do not, which is my point. And if you did it would be in tiny amounts.

If they have the means to do so.

You put down 1000 bucks on a cheap stock and they put down a million...who comes out better when the market it back?

But you do not, which is my point. And if you did it would be in tiny amounts.
They can also lose millions and I'd lose $1k

Under Trump gas prices were reasonable and Putin wasn’t aggressive. Rick Manning is smarter than you.
It’s all about gas prices ? Wow.
You’re higher gas prices because the petroleum industry is reallocating sources from America to nations that once got more of their oil from Russia. How is that hard to understand ?

It’s all about gas prices ? Wow.
You’re higher gas prices because the petroleum industry is reallocating sources from America to nations that once got more of their oil from Russia. How is that hard to understand ?

No, it's because voters were stupid enough to replace a pro-energy President with an anti-energy President who gives a shit more about keeping the environmental kooks happy than he is keeping the rest of the country happy.

No, it's because voters were stupid enough to replace a pro-energy President with an anti-energy President who gives a shit more about keeping the environmental kooks happy than he is keeping the rest of the country happy.

Pro and anti energy ? Wtf does that mean ? Name one Democrat who is “anti energy”.

You must thing solar cells, batteries, wind turbines and tidal power produce no energy ?

There is nearly as much energy that hits the earth in one hour than we need for the entire planet each year.
You and Tucker are completely inert when it comes to “energy”.

“Each hour 430 quintillion Joules of energy from the sun hits the Earth. That's 430 with 18 zeroes after it! In comparison, the total amount of energy that all humans use in a year is 410 quintillion Joules.”

Last edited:

Forum List

Back