Retired Air Force officer sentenced to 3 years for storing classified information at his Florida home

How can a person be qualified for President if they can't hold a security clearance if it was taken from them or they can't get one ? And how is it given back to him regardless of, otherwise if he possibly makes nominee for President again, and then head's towards the job again where he'll retain that clearance if elected ?
The president has sole authority for how classified material is handled. So, there is no one in the country with authority to tell a sitting president that he cannot see classified material.

That any of us write that "so and so KNOWINGLY took documents" is a statement based on opinion.

The statement's worth is based on the value of the opinion, which, without evidence, is worthless.

Wrong, maybe Pence did what you say, but Biden definitely didn't do what you say, and as far as Trump goes, well the jury is still having a long drawn out deliberation on it.
Biden had people search his old documents and they called the FBI when some were found.

The FBI did an extensive search. A search that Biden cooperated with. Full cooperation. No claims of weaponizing the FBI.

Excuse me?
351122096_739977888129826_7726606475220061932_n.jpg

The system of classifying national security documents is largely a bureaucratic process used by the federal government to control how executive branch officials handle information, whose release could cause the country harm. The government has, however, prosecuted cases for both mistaken and deliberate mishandling of information. Under the U.S. Constitution, the president as commander in chief is given broad powers to classify and declassify such information, often through use of executive orders.

Some secrets, such as information related to nuclear weapons, are handled separately under a specific statutory scheme that Congress has adopted under the Atomic Energy Act. Those secrets cannot be automatically declassified by the president alone and require, by law, extensive consultation with executive branch agencies.

In all cases, however, a formal procedure is required so governmental agencies know with certainty what has been declassified and decisions memorialized. A federal appeals court in a 2020 Freedom of Information Act case, New York Times v. CIA, underscored that point: “Declassification cannot occur unless designated officials follow specified procedures,” the court said.

As the new ABA Legal Fact Check notes, the extent of a president’s legal authority to unilaterally declassify materials — without following formal procedures — has yet to be challenged in court.

See ya in court, Trump :p :p :p :p

When I tell you this, I mean it!

IF Trump is found guilty, Trump Might go to prison... :p :p :p :p

daee0643cdce4bfaf46397cb1db0686c

Trump, Pence, Biden, KNOWINGLY TOOK DOCUMENTS. Are you implying the documents "magically appeared" inside Trumps house or Biden's garage or Pence's house?
In each case you have to prove that it was intentional. What would you show as evidence?

How can a person be qualified for President if they can't hold a security clearance if it was taken from them or they can't get one ? And how is it given back to him regardless of, otherwise if he possibly makes nominee for President again, and then head's towards the job again where he'll retain that clearance if elected ?
It has nothing to do with being qualified. It automatically comes with the position. As president he can access any classified material. I don’t think he even gets an official security clearance done.

In each case you have to prove that it was intentional. What would you show as evidence?
You "check a document out" and you don't return it. Intentional or not, you broke the rules dealing with classified information.
And I don't want to hear no more about "intentional".
My friend has a Clearance and he told me that he can be fired or even worse if she mishandles classified information (accidental or not).
These fucking ass clowns are not above the law. They mishandled classified information and at the minimum they need to have their security clearances revoked.
In the case of Biden, I say impeachment. Trump, let the court figure it out. Pence, revoke security clearance (if he has one) and never again.

If these mother fuckers do not take our Classified Information seriously they have no business serving this country now or in the future.

Last edited:
It has nothing to do with being qualified. It automatically comes with the position. As president he can access any classified material. I don’t think he even gets an official security clearance done.
Impeach the motherfucker. He doesn't want to take Classified information seriously, remove his sorry ass from office.

A major investigation into Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server while she was secretary of state found no evidence of deliberate mishandling of classified information.
What happened to the three separate FBI field office investigations into the Clinton Foundation that Andrew McCabe shutdown?
Any idea what was in those 33,000 deleted emails?

You "check a document out" and you don't return it. Intentional or not, you broke the rules dealing with classified information.
My friend has a Clearance and he told me that he can be fired or even worse if he mishandles classified information (accidental or not).

He can fired, yes, but unless it was intentional, or led to a significant security breach, it isn’t criminal, at least I can’t find anything says that. Look at the wording of the applicable statutes.

These fucking ass clowns are not above the law. They mishandled classified information and at the minimum they need to have their security clearances revoked.
In the case of Biden, I say impeachment. Trump, let the court figure it out. Pence, revoke security clearance (if he has one) and never again.

I agree they are not above the law (although we all know they get away with it anyway). But for a criminal penalty to apply, it needs to be criminal.

If these mother fuckers do not take our Classified Information seriously they have no business serving this country now or in the future.
I agree, so this should be a wake up call to tighten up procedures. I also think that if it wasn’t intentional, and did not result in a security breach, then they deserve a second chance.

• Informative
Reactions: iku
What happened to the three separate FBI field office investigations into the Clinton Foundation that Andrew McCabe shutdown?
Any idea what was in those 33,000 deleted emails?
[Emails? Nothing Secret or classified. Only personal. Which is ok to delete.]

Clinton is doing her best to move beyond the controversy over her use of a private email server as secretary of state, saying only last night that she "made a mistake" and declining to address why those emails were deleted. She didn't answer Trump's questions. However, there is an answer.

The bottom line: Clinton believed the deleted emails were not work-related.

In late 2014, the State Department asked Clinton and other former secretaries of state to hand over any work-related emails they may have.

By then, Clinton had already "deleted some [emails] over time as an ordinary user would," FBI Director James Comey told lawmakers at a July congressional hearing.

And she tasked her legal team to determine which of the roughly 60,000 emails still on her server were work-related.

"Clinton told the FBI that she directed her legal team to provide any work-related or arguably work-related emails to State; however she did not participate in the development of the specific process to be used or in discussions of the locations of where her emails might exist," the FBI concluded in its investigative summary of the case.

Comey testified that the FBI "didn't find any evidence of evil intent and intent to obstruct justice."

To determine which emails were work-related, a member of Clinton’s legal team did four things: she automatically deemed any email sent from or to a .gov and .mil address as related to work; she searched the tens of thousands of emails for names of senior State Department officials, lawmakers, foreign leaders and other government officials; she conducted a keyword search for work-related terms; and she looked at the sender, recipient and "subject" of every email for other potentially work-related emails, but she did not read the contents of those emails.

In December 2014, Clinton’s legal team provided about 30,000 emails -- totaling 55,000 pages -- to the State Department.

In other words Hilary Clinton DID NOT delete the emails herself, her legal team was tasked with deciding what could be deleted.

Now, move on from this story, this conspiracy theory, because you will never get the INTENT you are looking for, because it was not there, as there was none.

Actually. No.

Let’s say you accidentally take the work truck keys home. You realize it and call the boss and admit the mistake. You are told to bring them back in the morning. You made a mistake and admitted it.

Or you could just return with them and hope nobody noticed.

Third option. Lie about it. Swear you hung the keys on the hook. Someone else must have took them.

Which one is worse? Option a is what Pence, Biden, and others did. They found the documents and reported it immediately. Insuring the documents were collected by someone with the authority. What did Trump do again?

These aren't just a set of keys. These are many classified papers that he had for years and as we all really know, didn't return them himself.

After the Trump issue the government went looking.

"Joe, we have all these papers signed out to you but they are nowhere to be found, any ideas"?

Was the Foundation shut down?
Or was the investigation shut down.

Let me know exactly what you are talking about with sources.

It came out of the Durham report....

My friend has a Clearance and he told me that he can be fired or even worse if she mishandles classified information (accidental or not).

Yeah, you will hear "intentional" time and again. Just the way it is. Go ask DOJ.

Forum List

Back