Restaurant refuses Iraq War Veteran and service dog!

Sunshine

Trust the pie.
Dec 17, 2009
I have helped veterans get these dogs. This is just sickening.

When James Glaser stepped into Big I’s Restaurant in Oxford, Massachusetts with his service dog Jack, he was quickly told to leave in no uncertain terms. Glaser, a 41-year-old Air Force veteran, was diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder in November of 2011 when he retired and says that he does not leave his house without Jack by his side. The veteran explained what happened to WHDH 7 News, “I hear, ‘Get that fake service dog out of my restaurant!.’” Big I’s owner, Russell Ireland didn’t consider the canine a true service dog and said, “This is a post-traumatic stress dog. It's to give him emotional support. How much emotional support do you need when you are eating breakfast?”

Restaurant refuses Iraq War Veteran and service dog

I don't see the problem.

If the owner doesn't want dogs in his restaurant so what?

There are plenty of other restaurant owners who would love the business.

How does a restaurant tell a "stress dog" from someone who just wants to bring their pet to breakfast?

I don't see the problem.

If the owner doesn't want dogs in his restaurant so what?

There are plenty of other restaurant owners who would love the business.

ada says different...

Violins.

From a purely statistical point of view more people are allergic to dogs than have service dogs.

What if a person allergic to dogs has a severe asthma attack in the restaurant?

Private property is private property.

I have no issue with anyone who wants to refuse service in their own business.

As I said there are plenty of other places to spend my money.

I live in the area where this incident took place.

The local news this morning said the restaurant owner has now apologized. .. :cool:

fuck him and his fake apology....
True......for 2 days his name and place of business was all over the local news.

But he still claimed he was in the right.

I guess he saw the light when a state wide Veterans motorcycle club announced it was going to stage a mass rally saturday at his restaurant. .. :cool:

Service dogs are highly trained working dogs. Emotional support dogs require nothing more than someone to say they need the dog with them. I know several people who have emotional support dogs that are designated as service dogs who are nothing more than pets. Pets lack the rigorous training that real service dogs go through. The guy just doesn't want to leave his dog home. He wants to be accommodated.

The abuse of the term service dog is what leads to the doubt that any dog who is not in service to someone with an obvious disability. The whole post traumatic stress thing is half a crock anyway.

How does a restaurant tell a "stress dog" from someone who just wants to bring their pet to breakfast?

They should have seen a sign on the door entrance that such dogs are accepted. The dog will be lying down obediently and not eating. Common sense stuff that even you should know. :lol:

I live in the area where this incident took place.

The local news this morning said the restaurant owner has now apologized. .. :cool:

fuck him and his fake apology....
True......for 2 days his name and place of business was all over the local news.

But he still claimed he was in the right.

I guess he saw the light when a state wide Veterans motorcycle club announced it was going to stage a mass rally saturday at his restaurant. .. :cool:

He didn't see the light. He was intimidated. That's how we roll nowadays, if you want something you aren't entitled to, get a big group together to intimidate the business owner.

Service dogs are highly trained working dogs. Emotional support dogs require nothing more than someone to say they need the dog with them. I know several people who have emotional support dogs that are designated as service dogs who are nothing more than pets. Pets lack the rigorous training that real service dogs go through. The guy just doesn't want to leave his dog home. He wants to be accommodated.

The abuse of the term service dog is what leads to the doubt that any dog who is not in service to someone with an obvious disability. The whole post traumatic stress thing is half a crock anyway.

Everyone understands a seeing eye dog. But these "stress relief dogs" ? Every dog owner can claim their dog relieves stress and many cause stress among other patrons.

If the vet has a legitimate need for his dog, let him carry some kind of a certification that the dog is a service dog and show it when you enter a place of business

The veteran carries the papers with him and even showed them to the restaurant owner.

But the idiot owner said they were fake and called 9/11

Then the veteran showed them to the police.

The police then presented them to the owner and said they were genuine.

The owner said that he didn't care and still kicked the vet and his dog out of the diner.

What a nitwit......... :cuckoo:

The veteran carries the papers with him and even showed them to the restaurant owner.

But the idiot owner said they were fake and called 9/11

Then the veteran showed them to the police.

The police then presented them to the owner and said they were genuine.

The owner said that he didn't care and still kicked the vet and his dog out of the diner.

What a nitwit......... :cuckoo:

His business his call.

Everyone understands a seeing eye dog. But these "stress relief dogs" ? Every dog owner can claim their dog relieves stress and many cause stress among other patrons.

If the vet has a legitimate need for his dog, let him carry some kind of a certification that the dog is a service dog and show it when you enter a place of business

well look who didnt read the link...he had his papers with him....stress dogs have papers just like seeing eye dogs....

I have helped veterans get these dogs. This is just sickening.

When James Glaser stepped into Big I’s Restaurant in Oxford, Massachusetts with his service dog Jack, he was quickly told to leave in no uncertain terms. Glaser, a 41-year-old Air Force veteran, was diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder in November of 2011 when he retired and says that he does not leave his house without Jack by his side. The veteran explained what happened to WHDH 7 News, “I hear, ‘Get that fake service dog out of my restaurant!.’” Big I’s owner, Russell Ireland didn’t consider the canine a true service dog and said, “This is a post-traumatic stress dog. It's to give him emotional support. How much emotional support do you need when you are eating breakfast?”

Restaurant refuses Iraq War Veteran and service dog

The word should get out and let the people boycott his restaurant til he apologizes.

^ Interesting.

This happens all the time. People with dogs are told to leave, especially emotional support dogs. That excuse has been so overused and misused that no one takes it seriously anymore.

Fake service dogs provoke resentment, possible rule changes | www.palmbeachpost.com

True. The real thing requires a medical provider's signature on the paperwork. I know someone who wanted to travel with her dog and keep it with her on the plane. She told my friend who she was going to visit about her little 'plan' and the friend uninvited her. LOL

Forum List

Back