Requiem for a VA Victim

American_Jihad

Flaming Libs/Koranimals
May 1, 2012
Gulf of Mex 26.609, -82.220
Hurry up 2017...
Requiem for a VA Victim
If a loyal veteran burns himself to the ground in a forest of government bureaucrats, will anybody hear him?
April 6, 2016
Michelle Malkin
va-mycareer.png

What does a suffering military veteran have to do to force an unresponsive government to change its ways?

How about self-immolating in front of his VA clinic? Hello, paper-pushers and desk jockeys? Are you there? Would the heat, the smoke and the smell of burning flesh rouse you in the least?

Nope. Apparently, even this horror is not enough to move the inert bureaucrats at the Department of Veterans Affairs — let alone the indifferent tango dancer-in-chief.

While President Obama sashayed in Buenos Aires two weeks ago, proud Navy veteran Charles Richard Ingram III, 51, made his last life's journey. He walked nine miles from his home in Egg Harbor Township, N.J., to the curb in front of the Northfield, N.J., VA clinic on New Road.

With a large blue wooden cross looming on the side of a chapel in the background, Ingram stood on the lawn, poured gas all over his body and lit a match. A firefighter told The Daily Beast that the retired chief petty officer, known as "Rich" to family and friends, was "100 percent burned." A bystander had rushed to his side with blankets to snuff out the flames and first responders arrived within minutes.

But it was too late.

CPO Ingram leaves behind a grieving wife, two young children ages 3 and 5, and a charred patch of brown and blackened grass 75 feet from the entrance of the VA's Atlantic County Community Based Outpatient Clinic.

Where are the national media voices and advocates for U.S. Navy CPO Charles Ingram and the countless other martyrs victimized by the VA?

If a loyal veteran burns himself to the ground in a forest of government bureaucrats, will anybody hear him?

Requiem for a VA Victim

Hurry up 2017...
Requiem for a VA Victim
April 6, 2016
Michelle Malkin
va-mycareer.png

What does a suffering military veteran have to do to force an unresponsive government to change its ways?

How about self-immolating in front of his VA clinic? Hello, paper-pushers and desk jockeys? Are you there? Would the heat, the smoke and the smell of burning flesh rouse you in the least?

Nope. Apparently, even this horror is not enough to move the inert bureaucrats at the Department of Veterans Affairs — let alone the indifferent tango dancer-in-chief.

While President Obama sashayed in Buenos Aires two weeks ago, proud Navy veteran Charles Richard Ingram III, 51, made his last life's journey. He walked nine miles from his home in Egg Harbor Township, N.J., to the curb in front of the Northfield, N.J., VA clinic on New Road.

With a large blue wooden cross looming on the side of a chapel in the background, Ingram stood on the lawn, poured gas all over his body and lit a match. A firefighter told The Daily Beast that the retired chief petty officer, known as "Rich" to family and friends, was "100 percent burned." A bystander had rushed to his side with blankets to snuff out the flames and first responders arrived within minutes.

But it was too late.

CPO Ingram leaves behind a grieving wife, two young children ages 3 and 5, and a charred patch of brown and blackened grass 75 feet from the entrance of the VA's Atlantic County Community Based Outpatient Clinic.

Where are the national media voices and advocates for U.S. Navy CPO Charles Ingram and the countless other martyrs victimized by the VA?

Requiem for a VA Victim
This fails as a post hoc fallacy.

Yes, he set himself on fire.

Yes, he did It in front of a VA building.

and I think it's silly to say something didn't happen, just because some one doesnt' like the author of a piece.

I found a minimum of 4 other articles about the incident, with NO partisan input.

Yes, he set himself on fire.

Yes, he did It in front of a VA building.

and I think it's silly to say something didn't happen, just because some one doesnt' like the author of a piece.

I found a minimum of 4 other articles about the incident, with NO partisan input.

No doubt it happened. But read that article and it was just another "I Hate Obama" routine. He was obviously seriously ill. I have a card with a number straight to the VA Mental Health. I don't need it but they gave it to me anyway. I have temporarily started on some not so nice meds temporary to get rid of a problem. If you don't stand up and admit there is a problem and make that call then it doesn't matter. Just flick the bic should never be the answer.

Forum List

Back