Republicans are secretly worried about the election but won’t admit it

Republican politicians and politicos with access to good polling data may be worried, who knows.

But the rank & file talk radio Trumpsters are being told Trump will win easily, so they seem pretty confident.

Trump SHOULD win easily if it were simply a contest between Joe Biden and himself, Mac but it's not! What Trump is really running against is the Main Stream Media and it's nonstop propaganda. I mean let's look at this through an unfiltered lens! Joe Biden is an awful candidate. He's the ultimate Washington insider at a time when the public hates Washington! He was never that intelligent to begin with...something that's always derailed his many attempts to run for President in the past when he invariably says something SO stupid he gets laughed out of the race and he continues to make gaffe after gaffe now despite being hidden away by his handlers!

Trump on the other hand had a stellar record with the economy before the Corona Virus hit and is rather obviously better qualified to lead us out of the economic downturn it's caused. Biden has the "distinction" of playing second fiddle in the Administration that gave us the worst recovery from a recession since the Great Depression! Why would anyone select HIM at this point in history?
Some will vote for him because they prefer his and the Democrats' stands on the issues.

Some will vote for him because they feel that Trumpism is an ugly moment in this country's history.

Different people have different perspectives, life experiences and priorities.
What Biden "stance" on issues is it that you think is going to sway voters, Mac? I'm honestly curious as to what you think that might be! He's been remarkable only in that he hasn't TAKEN any stands other than some tired old Democratic clichés! Joe Biden is the ultimate "vanilla" candidate at a time when the Democratic Party has veered HARD to the left! How did you on the left choose HIM as your guy at this time in this country's history? It still amazes me.
The Democrats' positions aren't all that difficult to find if you just look it up.

What amazes me is that people can follow Trump. See? We're just different.

I ask again, Mac...what stance of Biden's is it that drives his campaign? Be honest...you're struggling to name it...aren't you?
No, I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, just assuming that you have exposed yourself to ideas and opinions that are different from yours and already know the answers to your question.

Looks like I was wrong. Okay.

Those who would vote for Biden, aside from the fact that they think Trumpism is an ugly stain on this country, might disagree with Trump and the GOP on any or all of the following issues:
  • The safety net for less fortunate Americans
  • Immigration law and approach
  • Income taxes on wealthier Americans
  • Corporate income taxes and regulations
  • Financial industry regulations
  • Health Care
  • Federal spending priorities
  • Civil Rights
  • Abortion Rights
  • Gay Rights
  • The Environment and Climate Change
  • America's standing in the world
  • Defense and Security
Off the top of my head. I really would think this was all common knowledge.
So you've trotted out the usual list of Democratic running points, Mac and that's all well and good but then the question becomes...what has Joe Biden done for ANY of those things in all the DECADES he's been in Washington? Do you really want to run on Biden's record? Quite frankly...that's a loser.
You asked, I answered. It looks like you disagree on the issues, which was my original point.

Why did I then have to go through the exercise of listing the obvious for you?
And I don't disagree with you on those being the issues that the Democrats have historically run on...I'm simply pointing out that Joe Biden's record on virtually ALL of those things despite being in Washington since before Watergate borders on the inept!
He's a lousy candidate, to be sure. And the Democratic party is one flaming shit show right now. Stipulated.

Granted, Trump’s win in 2016 was surprising. Unfortunately, it was also a fluke because he is only 1 of 5 presidents in history to lose the popular vote. Republicans like to pretend how useless the popular vote is, but considering the large majority of winning candidates have won the popular vote, it’s arbitrary to just decide it doesn’t matter simply because Trump lost it. It matters of course because it represents the will of the people even if it doesn’t decide actual election.

In truth, the 2016 polls really weren’t flawed. They were in line with history for the most part. The only polls that were truly misleading were the three swing state polls that showed Hillary was ahead when she actually wasn’t.

Now where are we? Biden is leading in virtually every national poll and is ahead in ALL of the major battleground states. I mean if Trump wins (I don’t rule it out completely), it will just be another fluke. A fluke that likely isn’t going to repeat itself.
This is all republican voters are betting on.
/——/ Of course we’re worried about the election. Only a fool would take it for granted like hildabeast did in 2016.

You can't run on Biden, Mac...the best you've got is to run AGAINST Trump and hope that the American people are buying your argument that Trump can't lead us out of the Covid 19 economic downturn!
Well, I guess we'll find out. I'm only one vote.

And my argument is that Trumpism is ugly. The COVID issue is just one problem of many.

What exactly is "Trumpism"? Did you disapprove of his handling of the economy? Do you not think he did a better job with trade deals than previous administrations? Do you disagree with his moves to pull combat troops out of the Middle East? Do you disagree with his holding our NATO allies feet to the fire on providing the money for NATO that they'd agreed to provide? Did you disagree with his prison reform? Do you think our Southern border shouldn't be secure? What POLICY of Trump's is it that you find "ugly", Mac?

Republican politicians and politicos with access to good polling data may be worried, who knows.

But the rank & file talk radio Trumpsters are being told Trump will win easily, so they seem pretty confident.

Trump SHOULD win easily if it were simply a contest between Joe Biden and himself, Mac but it's not! What Trump is really running against is the Main Stream Media and it's nonstop propaganda. I mean let's look at this through an unfiltered lens! Joe Biden is an awful candidate. He's the ultimate Washington insider at a time when the public hates Washington! He was never that intelligent to begin with...something that's always derailed his many attempts to run for President in the past when he invariably says something SO stupid he gets laughed out of the race and he continues to make gaffe after gaffe now despite being hidden away by his handlers!

Trump on the other hand had a stellar record with the economy before the Corona Virus hit and is rather obviously better qualified to lead us out of the economic downturn it's caused. Biden has the "distinction" of playing second fiddle in the Administration that gave us the worst recovery from a recession since the Great Depression! Why would anyone select HIM at this point in history?
Some will vote for him because they prefer his and the Democrats' stands on the issues.

Some will vote for him because they feel that Trumpism is an ugly moment in this country's history.

What Biden "stance" on issues is it that you think is going to sway voters, Mac? I'm honestly curious as to what you think that might be! He's been remarkable only in that he hasn't TAKEN any stands other than some tired old Democratic clichés! Joe Biden is the ultimate "vanilla" candidate at a time when the Democratic Party has veered HARD to the left! How did you on the left choose HIM as your guy at this time in this country's history? It still amazes me.
The Democrats' positions aren't all that difficult to find if you just look it up.

I ask again, Mac...what stance of Biden's is it that drives his campaign? Be honest...you're struggling to name it...aren't you?
No, I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, just assuming that you have exposed yourself to ideas and opinions that are different from yours and already know the answers to your question.

Those who would vote for Biden, aside from the fact that they think Trumpism is an ugly stain on this country, might disagree with Trump and the GOP on any or all of the following issues:
  • Health Care
  • Civil Rights
  • Abortion Rights
  • Gay Rights
  • Defense and Security
So you've trotted out the usual list of Democratic running points, Mac and that's all well and good but then the question becomes...what has Joe Biden done for ANY of those things in all the DECADES he's been in Washington? Do you really want to run on Biden's record? Quite frankly...that's a loser.
You asked, I answered. It looks like you disagree on the issues, which was my original point.

And I don't disagree with you on those being the issues that the Democrats have historically run on...I'm simply pointing out that Joe Biden's record on virtually ALL of those things despite being in Washington since before Watergate borders on the inept!
He's a lousy candidate, to be sure. And the Democratic party is one flaming shit show right now. Stipulated.

So tell me again why we should put a "flaming shit show" in power, Mac? Because you loath Donald Trump's personality? Really?

You can't run on Biden, Mac...the best you've got is to run AGAINST Trump and hope that the American people are buying your argument that Trump can't lead us out of the Covid 19 economic downturn!

And my argument is that Trumpism is ugly. The COVID issue is just one problem of many.

What exactly is "Trumpism"? Did you disapprove of his handling of the economy? Do you not think he did a better job with trade deals than previous administrations? Do you disagree with his moves to pull combat troops out of the Middle East? Do you disagree with his holding our NATO allies feet to the fire on providing the money for NATO that they'd agreed to provide? Did you disagree with his prison reform? Do you think our Southern border shouldn't be secure? What POLICY of Trump's is it that you find "ugly", Mac?
They are communists. They would prefer that Soleimani and el Baghdadi were still alive.

Granted, Trump’s win in 2016 was surprising. Unfortunately, it was also a fluke because he is only 1 of 5 presidents in history to lose the popular vote. Republicans like to pretend how useless the popular vote is, but considering the large majority of winning candidates have won the popular vote, it’s arbitrary to just decide it doesn’t matter simply because Trump lost it. It matters of course because it represents the will of the people even if it doesn’t decide actual election.

In truth, the 2016 polls really weren’t flawed. They were in line with history for the most part. The only polls that were truly misleading were the three swing state polls that showed Hillary was ahead when she actually wasn’t.

Now where are we? Biden is leading in virtually every national poll and is ahead in ALL of the major battleground states. I mean if Trump wins (I don’t rule it out completely), it will just be another fluke. A fluke that likely isn’t going to repeat itself.
You guys of been getting swept in Virginia California Texas it’s over. All the inspiring people of color are all running as Republicans

Ugh.

I just provided a list of issues, most of which I disagree with Trump on. There is no need to go into detail there.

Further, I would define Trumpism as willful ignorance, a complete lack of empathy, and the celebration of bigotry. Trumpsters adore an arrogant, pugilistic, sophomoric, petulant, nationalistic, ignorant, undignified, unprofessional authoritarian strongman who clearly suffers from profound self esteem and maturity issues, and the whole movement has too many similarities to a time about 80 or 90 years ago, beyond which I had always thought we had evolved.

There. I answered your question. I'm not trying to convince you of anything.

• Health Care
  • Civil Rights
  • Abortion Rights
  • Gay Rights
  • Defense and Security

So tell me again why we should put a "flaming shit show" in power, Mac? Because you loath Donald Trump's personality? Really?
No.

Trump on the other hand had a stellar record with the economy before the Corona Virus hit and is obviously better qualified to lead us out of the economic downturn it's caused. Biden has the "distinction" of playing second fiddle in the Administration that gave us the worst recovery from a recession since the Great Depression! Why would anyone select HIM at this point in history?

At least it was a recovery. The brass tacks of it is many of us aren't listening to any lectures and revisionism from any Cult45 member. You are certainly entitled to your 'interesting' opinions, but in many cases you're wasting your breath. We lived through the same 3+ years of trials and tribulations as you. When your extreme partisanship has depleted your critical thought to that of impatient, angry toddlers, you aren't considered a part of 'we the People' anymore. The adults will take it from here, thanks.

Focus on November and let the chips fall where they fall. This constant arrogance and tribal cheerleading is aggrivating an already explosive political division. Grow the fuck up.

Ugh.

I just provided a list of issues, most of which I disagree with Trump on. There is no need to go into detail there.

Further, I would define Trumpism as willful ignorance, a complete lack of empathy, and the celebration of bigotry. Trumpsters adore an arrogant, pugilistic, nationalistic, ignorant, undignified, unprofessional authoritarian strongman who clearly suffers from profound self esteem and maturity issues, and the whole movement has too many similarities to a time about 80 or 90 years ago that I had always assumed we had evolved beyond.

My reply to that little rant, Mac would be something my father told me about politicians many years ago! The ONLY thing that you should concern yourself with when it comes to a politician is what they have DONE! What they SAY means nothing!
When you're ready to discus what both Trump and Biden have DONE...get back to me! Everything else is just bullshit!

Ugh.

Further, I would define Trumpism as willful ignorance, a complete lack of empathy, and the celebration of bigotry. Trumpsters adore an arrogant, pugilistic, nationalistic, ignorant, undignified, unprofessional authoritarian strongman who clearly suffers from profound self esteem and maturity issues, and the whole movement has too many similarities to a time about 80 or 90 years ago that I had always assumed we had evolved beyond.

My reply to that little rant, Mac would be something my father told me about politicians many years ago! The ONLY thing that you should concern yourself with when it comes to a politician is what they have DONE! What they SAY means nothing!
When you're ready to discus what both Trump and Biden have DONE...get back to me! Everything else is just bullshit!
I tried, and I failed. I don't know how to communicate with you people, which is why I so rarely try.

The majority of democrats don't like Biden. Mix in covid, and they are going to have a hell of a turn out problem.
Just listen to Biden yourself, one of his recent gaffes he literally claims "and I'm gonna defeat Joe Biden." Lmao! Though its kind of pathetic just how true it really is.
How do you people just ignore the retarded things Trump says on a daily basis?
Because they're a lot less retarded than what you ass-wipes say on a daily basis.

Republicans may not, conservatives are very concerned.

So many dumb fucks vote, Biden can win.

You aren't conservatives.

Ugh.

I tried, and I failed. I don't know how to communicate with you people, which is why I so rarely try.

Yep, story of your life...go figure.

Trump on the other hand had a stellar record with the economy before the Corona Virus hit and is obviously better qualified to lead us out of the economic downturn it's caused. Biden has the "distinction" of playing second fiddle in the Administration that gave us the worst recovery from a recession since the Great Depression! Why would anyone select HIM at this point in history?

At least it was a recovery. The brass tacks of it is many of us aren't listening to any lectures and revisionism from any Cult45 member. You are certainly entitled to your 'interesting' opinions, but in many cases you're wasting your breath. We lived through the same 3+ years of trials and tribulations as you. When your extreme partisanship has depleted your critical thought to that of impatient, angry toddlers, you aren't considered a part of 'we the People' anymore. The adults will take it from here, thanks.

Focus on November and let the chips fall where they fall. This constant arrogance and tribal cheerleading is aggrivating an already explosive political division. Grow the fuck up.

Interesting...so it's the "adults" that are rioting, looting and burning in our streets right now, TT? Is that what you're telling me? Yet somehow it's conservatives that are creating an explosive political division? You liberals are spray painting monuments to Lincoln, Washington and even the 54th Massachusetts Regiment but you're accusing US of lacking critical thought? That's some funny shit, Dude!

Ugh.

Yep, story of your life...go figure.
I wasn't aware that you knew about my life.

Tell me more.

The only motivations for voting you need to concern yourself with are your own.

Republicans may not, conservatives are very concerned.

So many dumb fucks vote, Biden can win.

You aren't conservatives.

Yes we are.

Define conservative.

Forum List

Back