Republicans are secretly worried about the election but won’t admit it

Granted, Trump’s win in 2016 was surprising. Unfortunately, it was also a fluke because he is only 1 of 5 presidents in history to lose the popular vote. Republicans like to pretend how useless the popular vote is, but considering the large majority of winning candidates have won the popular vote, it’s arbitrary to just decide it doesn’t matter simply because Trump lost it. It matters of course because it represents the will of the people even if it doesn’t decide actual election.

In truth, the 2016 polls really weren’t flawed. They were in line with history for the most part. The only polls that were truly misleading were the three swing state polls that showed Hillary was ahead when she actually wasn’t.

Now where are we? Biden is leading in virtually every national poll and is ahead in ALL of the major battleground states. I mean if Trump wins (I don’t rule it out completely), it will just be another fluke. A fluke that likely isn’t going to repeat itself.
This is all republican voters are betting on.
He barely won Michigan Wisconsin and Pennsylvania and he might not win any of them this time

And he can’t lose one of them.

Republicans were just as shocked as we were trump won and they’re being cautiously optimistic
With all due respect, Sealy...has there ever been ANYONE who was as shocked as you Progressives were when Trump won? Go back and replay coverage on CNN and MSNBC from that day. It's amusing TV!

Republican politicians and politicos with access to good polling data may be worried, who knows.

But the rank & file talk radio Trumpsters are being told Trump will win easily, so they seem pretty confident.

Trump SHOULD win easily if it were simply a contest between Joe Biden and himself, Mac but it's not! What Trump is really running against is the Main Stream Media and it's nonstop propaganda. I mean let's look at this through an unfiltered lens! Joe Biden is an awful candidate. He's the ultimate Washington insider at a time when the public hates Washington! He was never that intelligent to begin with...something that's always derailed his many attempts to run for President in the past when he invariably says something SO stupid he gets laughed out of the race and he continues to make gaffe after gaffe now despite being hidden away by his handlers!

Trump on the other hand had a stellar record with the economy before the Corona Virus hit and is rather obviously better qualified to lead us out of the economic downturn it's caused. Biden has the "distinction" of playing second fiddle in the Administration that gave us the worst recovery from a recession since the Great Depression! Why would anyone select HIM at this point in history?

The key will be the debates if they are ever held....... I can understand why Biden's people would want to keep him off the stage.

If Biden takes the stage they better hide an ear piece on him somewhere.

JO

Republican politicians and politicos with access to good polling data may be worried, who knows.

But the rank & file talk radio Trumpsters are being told Trump will win easily, so they seem pretty confident.

Trump SHOULD win easily if it were simply a contest between Joe Biden and himself, Mac but it's not! What Trump is really running against is the Main Stream Media and it's nonstop propaganda. I mean let's look at this through an unfiltered lens! Joe Biden is an awful candidate. He's the ultimate Washington insider at a time when the public hates Washington! He was never that intelligent to begin with...something that's always derailed his many attempts to run for President in the past when he invariably says something SO stupid he gets laughed out of the race and he continues to make gaffe after gaffe now despite being hidden away by his handlers!

Trump on the other hand had a stellar record with the economy before the Corona Virus hit and is rather obviously better qualified to lead us out of the economic downturn it's caused. Biden has the "distinction" of playing second fiddle in the Administration that gave us the worst recovery from a recession since the Great Depression! Why would anyone select HIM at this point in history?
Some will vote for him because they prefer his and the Democrats' stands on the issues.

Some will vote for him because they feel that Trumpism is an ugly moment in this country's history.

Different people have different perspectives, life experiences and priorities.

President Trump is the only person in America preventing either an outright Civil War or a descent into Fascism.

Xi and his American Taliban should pray that he wins as the days of accepting American Taliban voter fraud elections are over

The key will be the debates if they are ever held....... I can understand why Biden's people would want to keep him off the stage.

If Biden takes the stage they better hide an ear piece on him somewhere.

JO

Ear piece? They'll have him wired for an electroshock and try to stop him in mid "Ya lying dog-faced BBBBZZZZZZZTTTTttt

Some will vote for him because they prefer his and the Democrats' stands on the issues.

Some will vote for him because they feel that Trumpism is an ugly moment in this country's history.

What Biden "stance" on issues is it that you think is going to sway voters, Mac? I'm honestly curious as to what you think that might be! He's been remarkable only in that he hasn't TAKEN any stands other than some tired old Democratic clichés! Joe Biden is the ultimate "vanilla" candidate at a time when the Democratic Party has veered HARD to the left! How did you on the left choose HIM as your guy at this time in this country's history? It still amazes me.

What Biden "stance" on issues is it that you think is going to sway voters, Mac? I'm honestly curious as to what you think that might be! He's been remarkable only in that he hasn't TAKEN any stands other than some tired old Democratic clichés! Joe Biden is the ultimate "vanilla" candidate at a time when the Democratic Party has veered HARD to the left! How did you on the left choose HIM as your guy at this time in this country's history? It still amazes me.
The Democrats' positions aren't all that difficult to find if you just look it up.

What amazes me is that people can follow Trump. See? We're just different.

My theory is that Joe Biden is seen by the far left as a sort of "Political Trojan Horse" that they're going to use to try and fool the American public into giving them power! They think they can put him out as a "front man" for an administration that will be controlled by them.

The Democrats' positions aren't all that difficult to find if you just look it up.

I ask again, Mac...what stance of Biden's is it that drives his campaign? Be honest...you're struggling to name it...aren't you?

I ask again, Mac...what stance of Biden's is it that drives his campaign? Be honest...you're struggling to name it...aren't you?
No, I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, just assuming that you have exposed yourself to ideas and opinions that are different from yours and already know the answers to your question.

Looks like I was wrong. Okay.

Those who would vote for Biden, aside from the fact that they think Trumpism is an ugly stain on this country, might disagree with Trump and the GOP on any or all of the following issues:
  • The safety net for less fortunate Americans
  • Immigration law and approach
  • Income taxes on wealthier Americans
  • Corporate income taxes and regulations
  • Financial industry regulations
  • Health Care
  • Federal spending priorities
  • Civil Rights
  • Abortion Rights
  • Gay Rights
  • The Environment and Climate Change
  • America's standing in the world
  • Defense and Security
Off the top of my head. I really would think this was all common knowledge.

Granted, Trump’s win in 2016 was surprising. Unfortunately, it was also a fluke because he is only 1 of 5 presidents in history to lose the popular vote. Republicans like to pretend how useless the popular vote is, but considering the large majority of winning candidates have won the popular vote, it’s arbitrary to just decide it doesn’t matter simply because Trump lost it. It matters of course because it represents the will of the people even if it doesn’t decide actual election.

In truth, the 2016 polls really weren’t flawed. They were in line with history for the most part. The only polls that were truly misleading were the three swing state polls that showed Hillary was ahead when she actually wasn’t.

Now where are we? Biden is leading in virtually every national poll and is ahead in ALL of the major battleground states. I mean if Trump wins (I don’t rule it out completely), it will just be another fluke. A fluke that likely isn’t going to repeat itself.
Billy the Mind reader.......

I hate this timeline so much. The country needs a fucking spanking.

Republicans may not, conservatives are very concerned.

So many dumb fucks vote, Biden can win.

No, I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, just assuming that you have exposed yourself to ideas and opinions that are different from yours and already know the answers to your question.

Those who would vote for Biden, aside from the fact that they think Trumpism is an ugly stain on this country, might disagree with Trump and the GOP on any or all of the following issues:
  • Health Care
  • Civil Rights
  • Abortion Rights
  • Gay Rights
  • Defense and Security
So you've trotted out the usual list of Democratic running points, Mac and that's all well and good but then the question becomes...what has Joe Biden done for ANY of those things in all the DECADES he's been in Washington? Do you really want to run on Biden's record? Quite frankly...that's a loser.

• Health Care
  • Civil Rights
  • Abortion Rights
  • Gay Rights
  • Defense and Security
So you've trotted out the usual list of Democratic running points, Mac and that's all well and good but then the question becomes...what has Joe Biden done for ANY of those things in all the DECADES he's been in Washington? Do you really want to run on Biden's record? Quite frankly...that's a loser.
You asked, I answered. It looks like you disagree on the issues, which was my original point.

Why did I then have to go through the exercise of listing the obvious for you?

You can't run on Biden, Mac...the best you've got is to run AGAINST Trump and hope that the American people are buying your argument that Trump can't lead us out of the Covid 19 economic downturn!

• Health Care
  • Civil Rights
  • Abortion Rights
  • Gay Rights
  • Defense and Security
You asked, I answered. It looks like you disagree on the issues, which was my original point.

Why did I then have to go through the exercise of listing the obvious for you?
And I don't disagree with you on those being the issues that the Democrats have historically run on...I'm simply pointing out that Joe Biden's record on virtually ALL of those things despite being in Washington since before Watergate borders on the inept!

If it’s a secret, how did you find out about it?

Forum List

Back