Republicans Are Outraged Donald Trump Isn't Above The Law

Had you taken classified documents and had complete declassification authority, you wouldn't be in the brig. Want to try an explanation as why Trump hasn't been charged with anything after that raid about seven months ago? Probably because the DOJ can't prove that Trump didn't declassify the documents beyond reasonable doubt. That's why they pawned it off with the special prosecutor.
The classification of the documents is irrelevant to the three statutes listed.

1. The most notable federal statute is 18 U.S. Code § 793, also known as the Espionage Act, which deals with the possession of documents and materials related to national security, particularly information that could be used to harm the U.S. or benefit a foreign country.

The statute broadly prohibits copying, transmitting or having unauthorized possession of such national security material, as well as “[removing it] from its proper place of custody,” and carries a punishment of a fine or up to 10 years of prison time.

2. 18 U.S. Code § 1519 bars the destruction or falsification of any documents or materials “with the intent to impede, obstruct, or influence” governmental matters or investigations, which carries a prison sentence of up to 20 years or a fine.

3. The final statute prohibits “willfully and unlawfully conceal[ing], remov[ing], mutilat[ing], obliterat[ing], or destroy[ing]” any government property, and carries a fine or prison sentence of up to three years.

That said, that must be why Hillary wasn't charged for her server because Obama had declassified all the documents by thought.

Thanks for that.

1. The most notable federal statute is 18 U.S. Code § 793, also known as the Espionage Act, which deals with the possession of documents and materials related to national security, particularly information that could be used to harm the U.S. or benefit a foreign country.

The statute broadly prohibits copying, transmitting or having unauthorized possession of such national security material, as well as “[removing it] from its proper place of custody,” and carries a punishment of a fine or up to 10 years of prison time.

2. 18 U.S. Code § 1519 bars the destruction or falsification of any documents or materials “with the intent to impede, obstruct, or influence” governmental matters or investigations, which carries a prison sentence of up to 20 years or a fine.

3. The final statute prohibits “willfully and unlawfully conceal[ing], remov[ing], mutilat[ing], obliterat[ing], or destroy[ing]” any government property, and carries a fine or prison sentence of up to three years.

That said, that must be why Hillary wasn't charged for her server because Obama had declassified all the documents by thought.

Thanks for that.
remind me again, how much time did ted kennedy get for getting drunk an killing his young squeeze...hmmm.......btw where is anthony weiner doing his time for sending pics of his large package to underage girls......surely HIllary got jail time for smashing those computers with a hammer didnt she

Facts: Federal prosecutors in the U.S. attorneys office for the Southern District of New York opted out of charging Trump related to the Stormy Daniels payment in 2019. The Federal Election Commission also tossed its investigation into the matter in 2021.

I smell Dem WITCH HUNT!

remind me again, how much time did ted kennedy get for getting drunk an killing his young squeeze...hmmm.......btw where is anthony weiner doing his time for sending pics of his large package to underage girls......surely HIllary got jail time for smashing those computers with a hammer didnt she
Remind me again why I should research all the instances to support your whataboutism.

Biden's and Clinton's are above the law we all know it and the dems are not fooling anyone....

Trump abused his power and broke several laws. He's a criminal who should be in jail.

Just admit it that you believe rich men should be above the law. At least conservative rich men.

“You are reportedly about to engage in an unprecedented abuse of prosecutorial authority: the indictment of a former President of the United States and current declared candidate for that office,” Reps. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), James Comer (R-Ky.) and Bryan Steil (R-Wis.) said in the letter.
The three men respectively chair the House Judiciary Committee, the House Oversight Committee and the Committee on House Administration, all of which have been conducting investigations into Trump’s political enemies.

Trump is the one who is unprecedented. No one has ever abused their authority like him. And he believes he can get away with it. Because according to you, we should let him continue getting away with it.

Sorry if Obama and Hillary and Bill did it too. No one did it as well as Trump. He is not above the law. Right? Or do you believe he is?

Prosecutors have declined to charge Trump because there's nothing there.
It took a Soros supported DA to finely try and charge Trump for something thats bound to fail.
This is just another smear campaign designed to take Trump down and everyone knows it.
True. He should not be allowed to run again. I can't wait to see if pussy Ron DiSantis gives him a free pass on his abuses of power and law breaking. Ron will show he doesn't have the balls to be POTUS.

Don't get excited. As far as I can tell Trump is above the law. Had I taken a bunch of classified documents to a motel room I would probably still be in the brig.
I have to believe this is what it was like when Al Capone was walking around a free man. Or John Gotti. Both were cocky and didn't think the law had anything on them. They believed they were above the law. So does Trump.

Honestly, he probably is. I just learned even if we convict Trump he can still run for president. I thought that was the goal. Slap him with a felony so he can't run.

What sucks is Mitch said he would have convicted Trump for the insurrection but Trump wasn't president anymore. He didn't want to be punished by Trump's supporters so he kicked the can hoping Trump would die or go away.

We should ask Mitch to convict him of the insurrection now. Would he? Nope. Because he's afraid of Trump's supporters.

Thanks for that.
The question still remains of why didn't the DOJ charge Trump with anything for the raid about seven months ago? You make it sound like it's a slam dunk conviction. So, what, in your opinion, is the hold up? They wouldn't have passed it off to the special prosecutor if they knew they could get the conviction. I mean, careers would be made with a conviction of Trump.

Where do I begin. If you are still asking then you are the type of Republican even Fox News can't stand.

Tucker Carlson’s Ex-Producer Called Election Deniers ‘Terrorists... Cousin F**king Types’​

I've asked you a dozen times and never get an answer....

I've asked you a dozen times and never get an answer....
What did Hitler do wrong? I mean besides the Jew thing. Nothing really right? Today you defend Putin who's doing exactly what Hitler did. And you defended Bush who did exactly what Hitler did. So of course you don't understand starting that insurrection was illegal. Stormy Daniels hush money is more than just paying a hooker to shut up. Do you understand what he did that was illegal? Go do your god damn homework you, you TERRORIST!

What laws did he break?....
What laws are Democrats saying he broke? I'm not going to do your homework for you. Look up what they said he did, then either tell me he didn't do it or explain to me what he did was legal.

First off, you don't believe he's responsible for the insurrection. The law begs to differ.

Calling Georgia and asking the governor to find him 150,000 votes. That's legal to do?

It's laughable you have to ask.

You are a terrorist or even worse!

Tucker Carlson’s Ex-Producer Called Election Deniers ‘Terrorists... Cousin F**king Types’​

You are the terrorist... you ANTFA sympathizer.... do you know how many people on the no fly list have walked into America over Joe's open border?...

Calling Georgia and asking the governor to find him 150,000 votes. That's legal to do?
None of that sentence is even remotely true.... he called and said he wanted a recount and a re verification of all ballots... I believe Trump said he was only shy 11,500 votes... what is illegal about that?....

None of that sentence is even remotely true.... he called and said he wanted a recount and a re verification of all ballots... I believe Trump said he was only shy 11,500 votes... what is illegal about that?....
We know exactly what was said you lying terrorist

Trump asked Raffensperger to "find 11,780 votes, which is one more than we have, because we won this state."

Every word. We're not stupid.

Forum List

Back