Republicans and/or Rightwingers How Did Bush Jr. Advance The Country?

Bush had way more to deal with during his presidency. 9/11 he held this fucking country together and did all he could to make us feel safe.

Bush also made mistakes. They all do. But one thing I do know Bush loved this country and Obama hates it.

obama has advanced this country to only 8.2% unemployment and then to taxing the shit out of you..

quite a glowing achievement

Well let me put it this way, if one is grasping at history to explain away the miserable performance of the democrat congressional caucus and their undistinguished president by pointing at Baby Bush than it is safe to say the king has no cloths and his adamant supporters know too well that running on their record is political suicide.

Not a rightwinger, but Bush was able to advance America quite a bit along its way to becoming a fascist police surveillance state.

As to why it shouldn't be brought up, that's just a standard Republican tactic. If one of theirs fucks up, it is "all in the past" or "we don't want to play the blame game." On the other hand, if a Democrat fucks up, there must be a congressional investigation and his whole life must be put under a microscope.

Then there is the whole denial thing, that he was never really a "conservative." In a few years, they will be rewriting history about him, just like they did with Reagan.
You do, of course, realize that the USAPATRIOT act is a huge compilation of the Clintoon/Reno wish list, don't you?

After that, what has Boiking or any of his Bolshevik congressional glee club done to curtail all that police state overreach?

Whose administration gave us the Patriot Act? Who gave us the TSA? Who gave us the DHS? Who gave the president unheard of powers, including the ability to declare persons enemy combatants? The genie is out of the bottle. Good luck getting it back in again. The government, no matter which party is in power, isn't going to relinquish powers it has been given.
Scads of democratics were all behind that bullshit (USAPATRIOT passed 98-1 in the Senate). Moreover, none of them has moved to pare back the fascistic snoop state one iota.

So go piss up a rope, with all your fuax concern over civil liberties...You're a fake and a party man hack.

Not a rightwinger, but Bush was able to advance America quite a bit along its way to becoming a fascist police surveillance state.

As to why it shouldn't be brought up, that's just a standard Republican tactic. If one of theirs fucks up, it is "all in the past" or "we don't want to play the blame game." On the other hand, if a Democrat fucks up, there must be a congressional investigation and his whole life must be put under a microscope.

Then there is the whole denial thing, that he was never really a "conservative." In a few years, they will be rewriting history about him, just like they did with Reagan.
You do, of course, realize that the USAPATRIOT act is a huge compilation of the Clintoon/Reno wish list, don't you?

After that, what has Boiking or any of his Bolshevik congressional glee club done to curtail all that police state overreach?

Whose administration gave us the Patriot Act? Who gave us the TSA? Who gave us the DHS? Who gave the president unheard of powers, including the ability to declare persons enemy combatants? The genie is out of the bottle. Good luck getting it back in again. The government, no matter which party is in power, isn't going to relinquish powers it has been given.

Absolutely agree....

And with Roberts giving them more.....don't bend over in front of a Federal Building.

obama has advanced this country to only 8.2% unemployment and then to taxing the shit out of you..

quite a glowing achievement

I disagree....

Obama....in the senate, the the White House....

Pelosi & Ried....Barney Frank, Maxine Waters, Dennic K.....the list goes on and on.....

Now put John Roberts on there too.

During his entire 8yr tenure what exactly did Bush Jr. accomplished that has advanced America forward as a country?

Most importantly, why do you on the right act as if b/c he he's not in Office anymore (thank God) that he doesn't matter, shouldn't be brought up and/or not to be mentioned again?

Any takers?
Lead the war on terror after the 9-11 attacks and did a good job in my view beyond that there is not much that stands out. I don't bring him up because what he did as President is no longer the issue the issue now is what the current President has done and is doing and I suspect if the Obama policies had worked better you on the left would not keep trying to bring Bush back into the picture. It looks like the classic case of can't find much to praise your guy over so go after the last guy.

Last edited:

I think FDR declared about 20 million Germans to be enemy combatants as well as 10 - 15 millon Japanese.

War on terror. That's pretty much it. The rest of his actions have been mediocre at best. Pretty disappointing.

Still, at least he had some leadership skills. Unlike our current President.

So let me get this straight, a person who ONLY got "war on terror" accomplished and was mediocre, and pretty disappointing, and this is by your own standards...had leadership skills?

Are you sure you're not mistaking willingness to follow with actual leadership skills?

I believe the leader of the GOP, Turtle Man specifically stated at some point in the current Administration that previously Republicans were willing to go along with just about anything Bush said due to partisanship and not-so-willing to go along with what Obama wanted due to partisanship. It was basically said in that manner, I'd have to look it up.

I think you guys are mistaking your personal willingness to follow a leader on your side of the isle with actual leadership skills.

The "war on terror" by itself has been considered a colossal failure and is arguably the reason the country's in this financial mess in the first place. But yet you seem more than willing to label Bush as a good leader.

Fascinating.

War on terror. That's pretty much it. The rest of his actions have been mediocre at best. Pretty disappointing.

So let me get this straight, a person who ONLY got "war on terror" accomplished and was mediocre, and pretty disappointing, and this is by your own standards...had leadership skills?

Are you sure you're not mistaking willingness to follow with actual leadership skills?

I believe the leader of the GOP, Turtle Man specifically stated at some point in the current Administration that previously Republicans were willing to go along with just about anything Bush said due to partisanship and not-so-willing to go along with what Obama wanted due to partisanship. It was basically said in that manner, I'd have to look it up.

I think you guys are mistaking your personal willingness to follow a leader on your side of the isle with actual leadership skills.

The "war on terror" by itself has been considered a colossal failure and is arguably the reason the country's in this financial mess in the first place. But yet you seem more than willing to label Bush as a good leader.

Fascinating.

We didn't have much with Bush and we have even less with Obama.

Fascinating.

Why didn't you just post this rant instead of acting like you cared what other's thought?
Republicans and/or Rightwingers How Did Bush Jr. Advance The Country? Reply to Thread

Fascinating.

Liberals at least talk like how they want to be treated, i tell u so im right they tell me so they are right this is why big brother is never wrong.

Man im glad i can think for myself.

Now, let's talk about where Obama is "advancing" us.

Kinda like Wyle Cyote was always advancing....right over the cliff.

Fascinating.

Why didn't you just post this rant instead of acting like you cared what other's thought?
Republicans and/or Rightwingers How Did Bush Jr. Advance The Country? Reply to Thread
That will leave a mark. Nice hit.

Fascinating.

That will leave a mark. Nice hit.

No it didn't. It's like punching a brick wall, you thought it hurt them, but the only thing it did was make yourself look like an idiot.

Though still the interesting thing is with this thread, all that the right wing trash are doing is deflecting or other na-na boo-boo childishness, and can't give any solid facts on how W advanced the country,..

During his entire 8yr tenure what exactly did Bush Jr. accomplished that has advanced America forward as a country?

Most importantly, why do you on the right act as if b/c he he's not in Office anymore (thank God) that he doesn't matter, shouldn't be brought up and/or not to be mentioned again?

Any takers?
We passed through 8 years. That is called forward. However, since no one can effect the march of time...

You will have to define what you consider 'forward as a nation'. Until I know what you think is good and bad, there is no way I can begin to detail what information you want.

Forward to a leftist would not be considered advancement to Me.
The answer IS subjective. Therefore whatever YOU think "good" or "bad" is.

The fact that you're stumbling and stalling on what's supposed to be YOUR views on Bush, speaks volumes.

Any takers?

:eusa_boohoo:

Dont cry.... :(

We as a nation liked the cowboy better than the brokeback'd punk we got now.
Who's this "we" you're speaking of?

Even in this very thread it seems Republicans and RWers of all stripes have left Bushy high and dry.

Any takers?

Bush Jr wasn't a conservative, so why do you imagine any right-wingers are going to defend him?

At least he didn't destroy the country as Obama is doing in rapid fashion.

This is the laughable equivalent of a Catholic marriage annulment.
"No, we were NEVER married. She wasn't EVER my wife."

Scads of democratics were all behind that bullshit (USAPATRIOT passed 98-1 in the Senate). Moreover, none of them has moved to pare back the fascistic snoop state one iota.

So go piss up a rope, with all your fuax concern over civil liberties...You're a fake and a party man hack.

Yeah, yeah, It's all Obama's fault. Conservatives are never responsible for anything, but I'm the party hack.You conservatives were all trying to out tough everybody on law enforcement issues for decades. We got the War on Drugs, the War on Terror, the TSA, the DHS, the Patriot Act, warrantless wiretaps, torture, extraordinary rendition, etc. etc. etc., all courtesy of right wing hacks like you and the idiots you vote for. Sadly, the Democratic party has been complicit first by allowing this fascist crap to become law and second, by not putting an end to it when they had the opportunity, although the Repugs would surely have filibustered any attempt. They filibuster everything else. My concern over civil liberties is quite real. Unfortunately, there is really nothing I can do about it. Republicans will never give up any of this police state fascism and I doubt the Democrats will either. It's in place and it ain't going away. So go Cheney yourself, with your feigned innocence. I fart in your general direction...

Forum List

Back