Republican plan to fix labor shortage.

The massive labor shortage is real. The US Chamber of Commerse says there are 10 million jobs needing to be filled, but only about 5 million unemployed workers. The labor shortage is raising wages, but hurting inflation, so even with higher wages, the cost of goods is still too high. Republcans will be taking over the house soon, so what do they intend to do about it. We have a ready source of labor begging for a chance to fill those jobs, but the repubs are ademently against that. What, if anything, do you think they have planned to help fill those jobs?
Not to worry, Bidung's recession next year will "fix" everything.

So your great idea is because I support social safety nets, I should vote for Republicans who promise to dissolve them so they could give away more tax cuts to the rich

Crazy much?
hahaha that's BS....no if you support safety nets, then you should support the folks that want to save them and make sure they are working for Americans.

Which party does that? not hte Dems.

Which party supports a Swedish model, who had to reform theirs years ago, and reformed it in a way that is highly successful and substainable?

I was a productive member of society for 40 some years as I worked and worked and worked. I put 3 kids thru college. Saved. Retired. In the end I regret working as hard as I did. The nation took my most productive years from me.
Good for you....I wasn't speaking directly about you. Not sure why you would take it as a personal insult....odd

hahaha that's BS....no if you support safety nets, then you should support the folks that want to save them
How do tax-cut cult Republicans want to "save them"?

It's not a secret, they want to "save them", by cutting these program's budgets, while deminishing tax reciepts and spending more on millitary.

I'm not with that. I support ACTUALLY saving them and getting our budget under controll by cutting spending programs across the board AND taxing more.

Between the two parties only one has shown capacity for such compromise and it's not the tax-cut cult Republicans.

Last edited:
How do tax-cut cult Republicans want to "save them"?

It's not a secret, they want to "save them", by cutting these programs budgets, while deminishing tax reciepts.

I'm not with that. I support saving them and getting our budget under controll by cutting these programs AND taxing more. Between the two parties only one has shown capacity for such compromise and it's not Republicans.
i literally jus told you…they want and have proposed a the Swedish model

it’s ironic because dems usually love those nortic state programs

After living thru the rat race, if I were young and entering a laborious lifetime of work I'd advise
1). Work a ton.
2). Save for retirement.
3). Don't get married.
4). No kids.
5). Buy nice things
6). Go on luxurious vacations

7). Overall be selfish

I regret being a productive member. I have contempt for my past employers.
well given how easy it is now to be non- productive…i can see you bitterness…but if you actually love your country you would never regret being a productive member of society

The massive labor shortage is real. The US Chamber of Commerse says there are 10 million jobs needing to be filled, but only about 5 million unemployed workers. The labor shortage is raising wages, but hurting inflation, so even with higher wages, the cost of goods is still too high. Republcans will be taking over the house soon, so what do they intend to do about it. We have a ready source of labor begging for a chance to fill those jobs, but the repubs are ademently against that. What, if anything, do you think they have planned to help fill those jobs?
The same thing Democrats did…nothing. You need cooperation to pass anything, so we will be status quo just like under Bush, Obama, Trump and now Biden.

The same thing Democrats did…nothing. You need cooperation to pass anything, so we will be status quo just like under Bush, Obama, Trump and now Biden.
Not really, you can pass tax-cuts and more spending just fine.

Undertaxing is not the Sweedish model.
haha you are talking in circles…undertaxing isn’t rhe issue with medicare/ss…taking more money from working people won’t solve the problem it’s how it’s designed that’s the issue…it’s designed like a ponzi scheme…they always fail.

but thanks for the dembot talking point…sounds like your old donor Madoff…pay me more! snd then i’ll raise the age you can get any money back! what a bunch of crooks

The US Chamber of Commerce is just as bad for our Republic as leftist dems are.....Where do you think RINOs like The Turtle & Co. get their marching orders from? I'd cleanse them right along with the leftists.

At least it works out well in my AO, any local politician that the CoC supports you know to vote against. ;)
So your problem is the facts... Just get rid of the people with the facts and everything will be OK..

well given how easy it is now to be non- productive…i can see you bitterness…but if you actually love your country you would never regret being a productive member of society
Oh good God here comes the love the country stuff. It's a great nation yes but I never once went to work with the idea of helping to make it better. Never crossed my mind in 40 some years of working.

haha you are talking in circles…undertaxing isn’t rhe issue with medicare/ss…
....program's solvency is directly hinged on being able to pay for it. Duh.

What you are saying is just stupid nonsense.

Not really, you can pass tax-cuts and more spending just fine.
Sure, only if there is cooperation because Republican will pass them but the Senate won’t pass it and the President can veto. You need some bipartisanship.

Oh good God here comes the love the country stuff. It's a great nation yes but I never once went to work with the idea of helping to make it better. Never crossed my mind in 40 some years of working.
that’s a shame

....program's solvency is directly hinged on being able to pay for it. Duh.

What you are saying is just stupid nonsense.
and that’s what Madoff said too…but sooner or later yoj are going to have to pay out more then you collect…that’s why you are demanding more money, and rising age requirements…

the Swedish model is far better, works, and isn’t a ponzi scheme screwing over the working class

it’s sad yoj know so little about the topic and simply go along with the demafasict policy of screwing the working class

Forum List

Back