Republican Congressman Doesn't See It? Or Simply Doesn't Want To!

Even with his "four eyes" this North Dakota Republican still can't see it? That's sad because discrimination exists everywhere in overwhelming numbers as it concerns employment of GLBT citizens. There's a link in this story for people to call him and report just such discrimination. Be sure to use it as you see/experience it!

GOP Congressman Sees No Employment Discrimination | Advocate.com

He's right. You, as usual, have your head up your ass. There is no reason to discriminate against anyone except on the basis of gross incompetence and unacceptable behavior. Of course gays are prime for both of those things.

Even with his "four eyes" this North Dakota Republican still can't see it? That's sad because discrimination exists everywhere in overwhelming numbers as it concerns employment of GLBT citizens. There's a link in this story for people to call him and report just such discrimination. Be sure to use it as you see/experience it!

He's right. You, as usual, have your head up your ass. There is no reason to discriminate against anyone except on the basis of gross incompetence and unacceptable behavior. Of course gays are prime for both of those things.
You know, if you really are a Rabbi you no doubt are a real Shame to the religion.

You know, if you really are a Rabbi you no doubt are a real Shame to the religion.

Translation: Yeah, you're right and I'm just a fag.

homosexuals are just the worst victims in life aren't they?

they can't get through life without whining about something

you'd think they were all children

This is just another example of the GOP being out of touch and out of step. A solid majority of Americans support ENDA and most people already thought it was illegal to fire people for being gay. In 30 states it's not.

the gop is out of touch with life

as long as it's about THEM and their life of course they are

just the commie/Democrats with Obama's approvals in the shitter I guess they still believe the American people thinks like them...please spare us

It is really hard to believe that the alleged problem is as bad as they like to pretend. What I think is really at play is they want to be another protected class. They are not concerned with being fired for being gay because if they are competent and do their job there is no reason for "gayness" to even come up let alone be an issue. Sure there maybe some small mom/pop types stores that don't want some flamer to represent them by working in there stores but most care less about someone's proclivities and more about productivity.

There is discrimination every single day, real discrimination, that no one seems to care. How about a white poor person applying to the U.Negro College fund, how will that work out for him/her? Is there even something like UWCF, based solely on being white?

The point is that this is just political theater created for a purpose and the purpose isn't the stated purpose.

Another faggot thread. Go figure. Yes, it's about time we pass laws to force companies to determine your sexual orientation, by whatever means necessary, and employ the correct quota, determined by the homosexuals of course.

Another faggot thread. Go figure. Yes, it's about time we pass laws to force companies to determine your sexual orientation, by whatever means necessary, and employ the correct quota, determined by the homosexuals of course.

Will proof of their sexual proclivity require a test?

Will proof of their sexual proclivity require a test?
I don't see how else it could be determined with any reliability. The tests will be conducted by expert government officials at their place, time and inclination. Applicants to clean up the mess.

It is NOT POSSIBLE to discriminate against someone because of their sexual preference, unless the subject expresses that preference overtly.

I have been through scores of job (and other) interviews in my rapidly fading life, and I was NEVER asked my sexual preference. In fact it NEVER came up.

I have been discriminated against because of my religion, my age, and my employment record, which has been dictated by at least half a dozen layoffs and company closures.

And yet I survived.

And now that I WANT TO BE LAID OFF, the bastards see me as indispensable.

Ironic, isn't it?

68% of Americans support the passing of the Employee Non Discrimination Act...it's hard to get 68% of Americans to agree on anything, but that doesn't matter to the GOP in Congress.

Republicans came up with the slogan "Just say No" for the "Drug War"...then they went and applied it as their platform to anything and everything.

It is NOT POSSIBLE to discriminate against someone because of their sexual preference, unless the subject expresses that preference overtly.

I have been through scores of job (and other) interviews in my rapidly fading life, and I was NEVER asked my sexual preference. In fact it NEVER came up.

I have been discriminated against because of my religion, my age, and my employment record, which has been dictated by at least half a dozen layoffs and company closures.

And yet I survived.

Ironic, isn't it?

Well good for you. I had to disclose my marital status for a job I was applying for because it required a background investigation. I was the top candidate. The head hunters were calling me every day to find out if my BI had been scheduled since they wanted me to start right away. Until a year prior to that I had maintained a Top Secret security clearance in the military. The only thing that had changed in that year was the fact that I retired from the military and got a Civil Union with my longtime partner.

After my BI in which I disclosed the name and gender of my spouse, I received no more calls and mine were not returned.

But it's really not about not being hired if your'e gay, it's about not being fired because you're gay.

Has your employer ever known YOUR marital status? Should it be grounds for dismissal? How about your religion? Should it be grounds for dismissal?

68% of Americans support the passing of the Employee Non Discrimination Act...it's hard to get 68% of Americans to agree on anything, but that doesn't matter to the GOP in Congress.

Republicans came up with the slogan "Just say No" for the "Drug War"...then they went and applied it as their platform to anything and everything.
I'll bet only a fraction of people could articulate what the law is. If it sounds hip many will be for it. Like initiatives in front of a supermarket, sounds cool so they sign, without even reading the legislation. The GOP has been way too liberal, to you anything less than everything you want is an outrage.

How many people have been fired once their employer suspected they were gay?

And yet I survived.

Ironic, isn't it?

Well good for you. I had to disclose my marital status for a job I was applying for because it required a background investigation. I was the top candidate. The head hunters were calling me every day to find out if my BI had been scheduled since they wanted me to start right away. Until a year prior to that I had maintained a Top Secret security clearance in the military. The only thing that had changed in that year was the fact that I retired from the military and got a Civil Union with my longtime partner.

After my BI in which I disclosed the name and gender of my spouse, I received no more calls and mine were not returned.

But it's really not about not being hired if your'e gay, it's about not being fired because you're gay.

Has your employer ever known YOUR marital status? Should it be grounds for dismissal? How about your religion? Should it be grounds for dismissal?
Is this a joke? You didn't get picked therefore it was due to your sexual orientation? WTF? And you want laws passed to insure the job goes to the gay?

Fallacy of popular will.
Rabbi Rules!

It doesnt matter what a push poll shows. Try asking, Would you support a new law that would encourage trial lawyers to sue companies, taking funds they could use to pay employees, and see how that polls.

And yet I survived.

Ironic, isn't it?

Is this a joke? You didn't get picked therefore it was due to your sexual orientation? WTF? And you want laws passed to insure the job goes to the gay?

That is correct. I did not get hired for the job when they found out I was gay. It happens.

Never did I say that someone should get the job because they are gay I said they should not be fired because they are gay. Try reading what I type without the Fox filter on your eyes.

Forum List

Back