Replacement SCOTUS Justice no males and no whites need apply

Just like a jury ( of my peers ) what percent of our nations Supreme Court Justices are women ? what percent are black ? There are many qualified out there, why are they represented so poorly on our nation's highest court. it's about time, an excellent field to choose from also.
They are represented. The one black justice we have right now makes 11 percent of the current court representative - the absolute closest you can accomplish to match demographics. There are and never been anyone that is Asian, Native American or Pacific Islander to name just a few others.

No one is remotely interested in giving any of them representation on the court. Apparently those constituencies are not worth pandering to. Certainly seems rather vapid to claim all this interest in equal representation. It seems much more likely the only interest is in pandering. What a wonderful way to select lifetime appointments for some of the most powerful people in the country.

• Thanks
Reactions: DBA

I think this is the EXACTLY way we should choose jurists. You know: solely on the basis of gender and race.

I suspect Justice William O. Douglas will be spinning in his grave — like a top.
This is an attempt to have the Supreme Court better reflect the people it serves. Given the data, the Supreme Court should be mostly women and have an almost even number of non-whites as whites. That would be the ideal. Supreme Court Justices aren't suppose to be political but we all know that isn't true. I just hope each and every Supreme Court rules what is right for America and not what is right for them or the party they're affiliated with, if any. Someday we might only allow Independents to hold the office. That would help ensure a stop to the insanity that is even affecting the courts.

They are represented. The one black justice we have right now makes 11 percent of the current court representative - the absolute closest you can accomplish to match demographics. There are and never been anyone that is Asian, Native American or Pacific Islander to name just a few others.

No one is remotely interested in giving any of them representation on the court. Apparently those constituencies are not worth pandering to. Certainly seems rather vapid to claim all this interest in equal representation. It seems much more likely the only interest is in pandering. What a wonderful way to select lifetime appointments for some of the most powerful people in the country.
If Biden is given more opportunities he will get to the other marginalized peoples.

This is an attempt to have the Supreme Court better reflect the people it serves. Given the data, the Supreme Court should be mostly women and have an almost even number of non-whites as whites. That would be the ideal. Supreme Court Justices aren't suppose to be political but we all know that isn't true. I just hope each and every Supreme Court rules what is right for America and not what is right for them or the party they're affiliated with, if any. Someday we might only allow Independents to hold the office. That would help ensure a stop to the insanity that is even affecting the courts.
No, that would not be 'ideal' because there is no 'ideal' racial makeup.

I swear this asinine idea that race is the defining feature of a persons identity is something that belongs in the back rooms of KKK meetings and other such caustic bullshit.

How many minority Judges did Trump consider in his THREE picks?

Trump only looked at whites

So does this mean Stacy Abrams gets named to the Court?

i%20love%20my%20lgbt%20body%20%231.jpg

Justice Douglas would find that liberal orthodoxy of today quite alarming and unsound. The best SCOTUS isn’t determined by racial, ethnic and gender composition. The best SCOTUS is determined instead by deep understanding of the laws, of the Constitution and the precepts which led to the Constitutional design of our Republic. ALL of it.

In short, we should include them for consideration but this does not mean we should put one there.

Amy Barret went to Norte Dame, a nice school but no Harvard or Yale, and had among the least experience of any candidate nominated in decades. There are Harvard educated judges with much more experience than her that were passed over. Was she the best person for that job? Or was she qualified and was a woman? Did you post a challenge to her nomination? I guarantee you that the democrats have experienced African American judges with way more experience than her. Both top runners went to Harvard. I like Leonora Kruger personally but either have way better resumes than Amy. Brett might have been a high school rapist wannabe but he was well qualified for that appointment. So are the leading candidates for Biden.

He's also not Biden's choice. If you want Garland on the court so bad then blame McConnell.

He said he favored women over men for a number of judgeships. And then he also fulfilled his campaign promise by putting a woman on the supreme court "if given the opportunity" (Reagan's words...also Biden's). He was given an opportunity and did it. Reagan also picked someone who didn't really align with him on the basic fundamental issue of abortion and went with gender instead.

How are you on picking supreme court justices by gender over a pro-life stance?

No, you wanted Garland on the court so bad.

No, he said he'd try to increase the number, not favor one over the other on an individual basis. Adding more women to the potential pool is different than just saying women only, or black only, or black woman only.

I'm not pro-life, I'm anti-Roe, and amazing as it may sound, I can disagree on points with a given President and still support them, I don't have to be a lockstep lemming like you.

Biden pandered during the campaign and now has to follow through.

The Dems continue to demonstrate that they're not paying attention.

Why can't the ends of our political spectrum get it through their skulls that two wrongs don't make a right?

How wrong is it? Do you really think most people care?

What makes a person qualified for sitting on SCOTUS? How many people in this country are qualified to be a Justice? 100? 1000? 5000?

Ok. So how many divisions of the population based on immutable characteristics do we make? And if that's the case why would we put another black person on the court? Black people only make up 13% of the population. 1/9 is about 11%. Biden should be nominating an Asian gay transwoman to the court.

How wrong is it? Do you really think most people care?

What makes a person qualified for sitting on SCOTUS? How many people in this country are qualified to be a Justice? 100? 1000? 5000?
I think they care more than people that care and see this as a good thing. It is rather funny that the left thinks that telling 7% of the country they want them is a move that will gain them support whilst pandering and the other 93% percent that they simply are not under consideration because they are not the correct sex and/or they are not the correct race.

The ONLY people this attracts are far left. The ones that are already going to vote democrat if they run Satan himself.

Biden should be nominating an Asian gay transwoman to the court.
One thing at a time…

Once Biden increases the court to 13 he will be able to name gays, transsexuals, Asians and Native Americans

• Funny
No, that would not be 'ideal' because there is no 'ideal' racial makeup.

I swear this asinine idea that race is the defining feature of a persons identity is something that belongs in the back rooms of KKK meetings and other such caustic bullshit.

It's funny and sad that progressives care about race just as much as the most die hard Nazi/KKK asshole.

I think they care more than people that care and see this as a good thing. It is rather funny that the left thinks that telling 7% of the country they want them is a move that will gain them support whilst pandering and the other 93% percent that they simply are not under consideration because they are not the correct sex and/or they are not the correct race.

The ONLY people this attracts are far left. The ones that are already going to vote democrat if they run Satan himself.

I disagree, I think it is only folks like you that are being butthurt over this that really care. The other 90% of the country either agrees with it or is ambivalent at best

• Disagree
I disagree, I think it is only folks like you that are being butthurt over this that really care. The other 90% of the country either agrees with it or is ambivalent at best
Possibly.

Biden's approval numbers seem to tell a different story.

People are absolutely tired of this racist bullshit. They are tired of the woke bullshit. They simply want a president they do not have to hear about every 10 minuets.

I guess no one told him that is discriminatory and racist.

What a pandering asshole.

Forum List

Back