Replacement SCOTUS Justice no males and no whites need apply

Yes they are. Political affiliation of judges i mean

You are being disingenuous. All conservative judges who were appointed to the USSC were done so because of their political leanings. I said I want them appointed based on " how she interprets the law as it is written. Not how she thinks it is written." You then be a smartarse and say that is what conservatives do. I say BS.
Yeah, I'm talking about a judge's political affiliation too.

He specifically made it a point that he would favor a woman on the supreme court and women in general for federal judgeships.

"It is time for a woman to sit among our highest jurists," Reagan said in a prepared statement to a news conference here. "I will also seek out women to appoint to other federal courts in an effort to bring about a better balance on the federal bench."
There is literally zero sunshine between what Biden promised and what Reagan promised except for specifically wanting to appoint a black woman. And your only upset about one of them? Why?

There is a huge difference between considering and making it a qualifying requirement. Again, he said one of his first picks, not THIS PICK WILL BE X.

And there are dozens of lower bench assignments every term, did he say only women?

Sorry, but I find limiting the field to be foolish.

Hey, wasn't Merrick Garland supposed to be perfect for the Bench? why isn't he being considered?

There is a huge difference between considering and making it a qualifying requirement. Again, he said one of his first picks, not THIS PICK WILL BE X.

Considering? He (Reagan) made a campaign promise that he WOULD nominate a woman to the supreme court.
And there are dozens of lower bench assignments every term, did he say only women?

Did Biden say only women about federal judges? No. Reagan went even further by stating he was going to make up for lack of women on federal courts. Are you OK?

Sorry, but I find limiting the field to be foolish.

Which brought us the complete lack of diversity through our history in the first place. There are very qualified black women to take a spot on the court.

Hey, wasn't Merrick Garland supposed to be perfect for the Bench? why isn't he being considered?

He's qualified but that was Obama's pick. Is Biden supposed to stick himself with a single choice? Seems rather limiting, right? Maybe at least try to be consistent.

Last edited:
Considering? He (Reagan) made a campaign promise that he WOULD nominate a woman to the supreme court.

Did Biden say only women about federal judges? No. Reagan went even further by stating he was going to make up for lack of women on federal courts. Are you OK?

Which brought us the complete lack of diversity through our history in the first place. There are very qualified black women to take a spot on the court.

He's qualified but that was Obama's pick. Is Biden supposed to stick himself with a single choice? Seems rather limiting, right? Maybe at least try to be consistent.

Eventually, not with the first pick. There is a difference even if you don't see it.

Biden said he would only consider a black woman for this pick.

The thing is Garland isn't even being considered because of his race and sex. Again that you can't see that is telling

Keep on point.

First of all, YOU keep on point. The narrative here is that Republicans don’t want a black female because she won’t be qualified. Nothing could be further from the truth and it ignores the fact that Democrats are just as guilty of this oversight.
We will have our 164th nomination soon and it will make one black women in that group. Please explain how this is a discriminatory act.

If you declare that you will only nominate a black female to the exclusion of other races and males, you are, in fact, guilty of discrimination.

Liberals tend to look at these things from the premise of a false paradigm. It’s not a question as to whether we should or should not have a female minority on the Supreme Court, it’s a question as to whether we should or should not include them for consideration.

In short, we should include them for consideration but this does not mean we should put one there.

Eventually, not with the first pick. There is a difference even if you don't see it.

What really is the difference? Anywho, guess who was Reagan's first pick?
Biden said he would only consider a black woman for this pick.

He promised he would nominate a black woman. He will. Just like Reagan...well, except not black.

The thing is Garland isn't even being considered because of his race and sex. Again that you can't see that is telling

Again, why are you complaining Biden is limiting the field yet for some reason appear to be insisting that his only choice is Garland?

Reagan promised to appoint a female to the SC, he did. He also promised to fill federal court openings with women in order to balance out the courts. You complaining? Nope.

Biden appears to be set to follow though on his campaign promise and the only difference really appears to be skin color and now you have a problem with it.

What really is the difference? Anywho, guess who was Reagan's first pick?

He promised he would nominate a black woman. He will. Just like Reagan...well, except not black.

Again, why are you complaining Biden is limiting the field yet for some reason appear to be insisting that his only choice is Garland?

Reagan promised to appoint a female to the SC, he did. He also promised to fill federal court openings with women in order to balance out the courts. You complaining? Nope.

Biden appears to be set to follow though on his campaign promise and the only difference really appears to be skin color and now you have a problem with it.

With his first pick, not with one of his picks. that meant the pool was still open for Reagan, with Biden it means he will not even consider anyone else.

I didn't say his only choice should be Garland, I'm saying if he was qualified before why is he being ignored now?

I have a problem with picking for someone because of what they are instead of who they are, in any situation.

With his first pick, not with one of his picks. that meant the pool was still open for Reagan, with Biden it means he will not even consider anyone else.

How many picks do they get? They aren't guaranteed any and Reagan made it his priority even going as far as selecting a justice who was ambiguous on abortion which happened to be his other criteria.

So, he not only promised to put a woman on the courts, he picked one that many conservatives groups were a tad pissed off about at the time.

I didn't say his only choice should be Garland, I'm saying if he was qualified before why is he being ignored now?

He's being ignored? He's the fucking Attorney General. Biden made it clear, he thinks a black woman should be on the court and there are many qualified.

I have a problem with picking for someone because of what they are instead of who they are, in any situation.

I think you have a problem that a president you don't like is doing something that a president the right at least used to admire kind of did the same thing...with the exception of race of course.

You are being disingenuous. All conservative judges who were appointed to the USSC were done so because of their political leanings. I said I want them appointed based on " how she interprets the law as it is written. Not how she thinks it is written." You then be a smartarse and say that is what conservatives do. I say BS.
Yeah, I'm talking about a judge's political affiliation too.
Strict constructionist judges are considered Conservative. I’m sorry if that hurts your feelings but it’s the truth. There are only 3 justices who ever vote with the “other side” in cases of any consequence. Roberts, Gorsuch and Kavanaugh. All 3 are Conservative and nominated by Conservative Presidents.

The Constitution being a ”living document” is a liberal idea.

Strict constructionist judges are considered Conservative. I’m sorry if that hurts your feelings but it’s the truth. There are only 3 justices who ever vote with the “other side” in cases of any consequence. Roberts, Gorsuch and Kavanaugh. All 3 are Conservative and nominated by Conservative Presidents.

It is rather interesting that the left continually calls the judges appointed by the right as rabidly conservative and activist yet the liberal judges almost never cross the line. The conservative justices do pretty damn often.

The partisan ones are pretty clear. The case on the Osha mandate outed Sotomayor as clearly a hack. Highest court in the land making a ruling effecting 350 million people and she cannot even be bothered to get basic, simple facts straight. Facts that are well known and she was off by orders of magnitudes in her data.

How many picks do they get? They aren't guaranteed any and Reagan made it his priority even going as far as selecting a justice who was ambiguous on abortion which happened to be his other criteria.

So, he not only promised to put a woman on the courts, he picked one that many conservatives groups were a tad pissed off about at the time.

He's being ignored? He's the fucking Attorney General. Biden made it clear, he thinks a black woman should be on the court and there are many qualified.

I think you have a problem that a president you don't like is doing something that a president the right at least used to admire kind of did the same thing...with the exception of race of course.

But he was soooo qualified before, and now not even considered because of his race and sex.

I said I think Reagan was wrong if he said he would ONLY consider women for a given pick, which he didn't.

It is rather interesting that the left continually calls the judges appointed by the right as rabidly conservative and activist yet the liberal judges almost never cross the line. The conservative justices do pretty damn often.

The partisan ones are pretty clear. The case on the Osha mandate outed Sotomayor as clearly a hack. Highest court in the land making a ruling effecting 350 million people and she cannot even be bothered to get basic, simple facts straight. Facts that are well known and she was off by orders of magnitudes in her data.
Yeah much to the chagrin of conservative voters. Roberts being the worst of the 3.

But he was soooo qualified before, and now not even considered because of his race and sex.

He's also not Biden's choice. If you want Garland on the court so bad then blame McConnell.
I said I think Reagan was wrong if he said he would ONLY consider women for a given pick, which he didn't.

He said he favored women over men for a number of judgeships. And then he also fulfilled his campaign promise by putting a woman on the supreme court "if given the opportunity" (Reagan's words...also Biden's). He was given an opportunity and did it. Reagan also picked someone who didn't really align with him on the basic fundamental issue of abortion and went with gender instead.

How are you on picking supreme court justices by gender over a pro-life stance?

Last edited:

I was originally talking about my country's chief justice. You said she is a conservative due to my comment. We don't have a constitution so therefore you constructionist analogy is invalid.

I think this is the EXACTLY way we should choose jurists. You know: solely on the basis of gender and race.

I suspect Justice William O. Douglas will be spinning in his grave — like a top.
Just like a jury ( of my peers ) what percent of our nations Supreme Court Justices are women ? what percent are black ? There are many qualified out there, why are they represented so poorly on our nation's highest court. it's about time, an excellent field to choose from also.

I already addressed that, you just don't accept defeat. "sonny"
I've never been defeated by a brain dead Republican.
Only a fool would suggest they have no racist policies and you are one. Yoyre so protective of them as if your life depends on it. You're a joke. You know nothing but hate and ignorance.

• Funny
Reactions: DBA
Just like a jury ( of my peers ) what percent of our nations Supreme Court Justices are women ? what percent are black ? There are many qualified out there, why are they represented so poorly on our nation's highest court. it's about time, an excellent field to choose from also.
There is no construct that says SCOTUS need be a jury of your peers based on some sex and racial composition. In any event, “peers” really means members of your particular community. So if you get arrested out on Long Island, in NY State (consisting of either Nassau or Suffolk County) one of those counties would get jurisdiction — even if you live in Oregon. The jury pool of your “peers” would be other people who live in that Jurisdiction where you allegedly committed your crime.

Any analog to a “Judicial Bench of your peers” would need only be U.S. citizens.

I've never been defeated by a brain dead Republican.
Only a fool would suggest they have no racist policies and you are one. Yoyre so protective of them as if your life depends on it. You're a joke. You know nothing but hate and ignorance.
The brain dead fight you to a draw — and you struggle hard to get to that outcome.

Forum List

Back