Religion and Ethics?

Ok, so new rules from what i understand. No cursing! Wow.... I have no idea how you will get a post in, Meriweather... :)

I'm going to test the rule now...
Grin. When I was a kid, I decided I would never curse. Probably came from Mary Poppins who recommended Supercalifragilistic...when you had nothing else to say. I thought that very silly. If you have nothing to say, say nothing! (Always worked for me.) Anyway, I related that to cursing--what people say when they have nothing else to say, and not quick enough to come up with the proper Shakespearean insult. ;)

Grin. When I was a kid, I decided I would never curse. Probably came from Mary Poppins who recommended Supercalifragilistic...when you had nothing else to say. I thought that very silly. If you have nothing to say, say nothing! (Always worked for me.) Anyway, I related that to cursing--what people say when they have nothing else to say, and not quick enough to come up with the proper Shakespearean insult. ;)
Yeah well, it's a little different for me. I'm from Queens, NY. But I actually don't curse that much, unless someone pisses me off. Is pisses a curse? I don't know. They have to define curse words. I mean, is hell a curse word? Is fart a curse word? What exactly is a curse word? Someone here hoped my sister got gang-raped, and he was allowed to stay on the board. Is that something akin to cursing?

I enjoyed talking to you. But the new owners have no idea what they're doing. This place will be extinct within weeks. I'm just here because I'm a rubbernecker.

They have to define curse words. I mean, is hell a curse word? Is fart a curse word? What exactly is a curse word?
Excellent point. Some people use "God" and "Jesus" as curse words. Also is it a curse if one replaces some letters of a well-known curse word with asterisks? Is the use of four asterisks allowed in lieu of the lettered curse?

Yeah well, it's a little different for me. I'm from Queens, NY. But I actually don't curse that much, unless someone pisses me off. Is pisses a curse? I don't know. They have to define curse words. I mean, is hell a curse word? Is fart a curse word? What exactly is a curse word? Someone here hoped my sister got gang-raped, and he was allowed to stay on the board. Is that something akin to cursing?

I enjoyed talking to you. But the new owners have no idea what they're doing. This place will be extinct within weeks. I'm just here because I'm a rubbernecker.
IMVO---"pisses" or "pissed off" is a "curse"

Excellent point. Some people use "God" and "Jesus" as curse words. Also is it a curse if one replaces some letters of a well-known curse word with asterisks? Is the use of four asterisks allowed in lieu of the lettered curse?
asterisks make it ok

But the new owners have no idea what they're doing. This place will be extinct within weeks.
I wasn't even aware of the new rule. Are they banning people for cursing? Why not electronically program the asterisk replacement or automatic deletion of the unwanted words?

I dunno, read the threads upstairs. I have no idea, i'm not part of the popular crowd.

And btw, piss is not a bad word. :) There are ants called P***ants. And donkeys and female dogs also have names that may fall in that gray area... Again, i dunno, they need to clarify what is a bad word, and what is "putting someone down".

I dunno, read the threads upstairs. I have no idea, i'm not part of the popular crowd.

And btw, piss is not a bad word. :) There are ants called P***ants. And donkeys and female dogs also have names that may fall in that gray area... Again, i dunno, they need to clarify what is a bad word, and what is "putting someone down".
IMVO PISS is a nasty, vulgar word

Piss and Pissed off are two separate things. When someone is pissed off, it means that they're mad, not that someone urinated on them.

How about pee? Is that vulgarian to you as well?

How about pee-pee? That is a reference to a male body part that should not be mentioned in public.

Last edited:
I think that any word that means the same as "poop" is a vulgar nasty word. Any synonym should not be said on this forum, including fart, because that is the predecessor to the vulgar word.

It is common misperception that people who curse are somehow less intelligent.

Swearing is just another tool in the lingual repertoire.

Another fun fact swearing is proven to increase one's tolerance for pain

It is common misperception that people who curse are somehow less intelligent.
Really. First I ever heard about it, so I doubt it has ever even been seriously hypothesized. Everyone--and I mean everyone--in my family swears or swore while I was growing up. I come from a very intelligent family and married into another intelligent family where everyone (and I mean everyone) swears.

It is like saying it is a common misconception that people think the sun rises in the east.

Because it isn't too much to ask that adults speak like adults.
This is funny and quite ironic. When you are a kid you pretty much learn that only adults are permitted to use such language. If adults spoke like adults, I wouldn't have to remind the kids at school to watch their language...which they learned from adults. It is how adults speak despite all the better alternatives they learn at school in all their English classes.

Forum List

Back