Reid Changing Filibuster Rules

Do the Democrat realize they just set themselves up for repealing Obamacare if the GOP takes back the Senate?

Now they don't need a super-majority.

Then you have to admit that the Democrats have done this on principle, and not just for self-interest.

Have I missed something here? My understanding is that the rules change applies only to Presidential nominees.

I think that would include nominees for the Supreme Court, Czars and such, but not to the repealing of Obamacare.

Link me to a correction if you will.

Yes, however, when the Liar in Chief slobbered on the teleprompter he said the filibuster was preventing gains on immigration and gun legislation. I assume, he means preventing his minions from gaining court seats to pass oppressive laws

-Geaux

I'm afraid if I was in Congress I'd be punching the opposition out. I could never be a politician.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6f0l_DAt7Eo]Pakistani Politicians Fight On Live TV !!! - YouTube[/ame]

Then you have to admit that the Democrats have done this on principle, and not just for self-interest.

Have I missed something here? My understanding is that the rules change applies only to Presidential nominees.

I think that would include nominees for the Supreme Court, Czars and such, but not to the repealing of Obamacare.

Yes, however, when the Liar in Chief slobbered on the teleprompter he said the filibuster was preventing gains on immigration and gun legislation. I assume, he means preventing his minions from gaining court seat to pass oppressive laws

-Geaux

The next power grab will be guns........

Well, here comes the anti constitutional gun laws.

And so it has begun

-Geaux

when the Dems take over control of the house, we will get rid of these assault rifles ... I'll be elated to be the guy that pries it from their cold dead fingers ... or hell use my bolt cutter to snap their cold dead finger off that assault rifles...

Im crying foul. While I'm not the nark type, I have been reported to mods for far less stupid comments. I need to step up my game :confused:

-Geaux

have i missed something here? My understanding is that the rules change applies only to presidential nominees.

I think that would include nominees for the supreme court, czars and such, but not to the repealing of obamacare.

yes, however, when the liar in chief slobbered on the teleprompter he said the filibuster was preventing gains on immigration and gun legislation. I assume, he means preventing his minions from gaining court seat to pass oppressive laws

-geaux

the next power grab will be guns........

/\/\/\/\/\
this​

Do the Democrat realize they just set themselves up for repealing Obamacare if the GOP takes back the Senate?

Now they don't need a super-majority.

Reid, Democrats trigger ?nuclear? option; eliminate most filibusters on nominees - The Washington Post

Senate Democrats took the dramatic step Thursday of eliminating filibusters for most nominations by presidents, a power play they said was necessary to fix a broken system but one that Republicans said will only rupture it further.

Democrats used a rare parliamentary move to change the rules so that federal judicial nominees and executive-office appointments can advance to confirmation votes by a simple majority of senators, rather than the 60-vote supermajority that has been the standard for nearly four decades.

The immediate rationale for the move was to allow the confirmation of three picks by President Obama to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit — the most recent examples of what Democrats have long considered unreasonably partisan obstruction by Republicans.

In the long term, the rule change represents a substantial power shift in a chamber that for more than two centuries has prided itself on affording more rights to the minority party than any other legislative body in the world. Now, a president whose party holds the majority in the Senate is virtually assured of having his nominees approved, with far less opportunity for political obstruction.

Yes, and they said the same thing about keeping our health plans and our doctors.....

They don't really want to totally cancel out the minority, not really.

I personally would walk out on them. Tell them that if this is the way you want to run things then let the disaster that is coming be on your heads.

The Dems tried to exclude Supreme Court Justices.....but now the GOP will have no reservations not to include them....so when Ginsberg retires they'll be able to put a conservative in her place without any obstruction from Democrats.

So this move will backfire, especially if the Dems lose Congress over Obamacare.

Yes, if you like your rules.....you can keep your rules.......

Period.

The Fundamental Transformation of America into Obama Banana Republic

So now its time to bend over, here comes amnesty, gun laws, and many other intrusive measures. I'm afraid this will get ugly

-Geaux

what do you mean now is the time to bend over ??? you've been bent over from the repub-lie-tards from day one ...I'm loving it.... finally we can load up all the courts with liberal judges ... who will force you righties to remain bent over and taking it from all sides ... in the mouth, noes, butt, ear, belly button, eyeball, you name it and these repub-lie-tards will have that hole filled ...:lol::lol::lol:

BWA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH:lol::lol::lol::lol:
It's posts like this that earned you the top spot on my list.
http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-flame-zone/325293-top-3-dumbest-liberals-on-usmb.html

I try hard ... its post like yours that make me laugh at you:lol::lol::lol:

with the stupidity of your post, your on and on about nothing... so if I'm working with stupid people like yourself, I have to take it to your level of understanding

here we have had in the united states a total of 168 judges filibustered in our total history ... in this congress alone we have had 84 of those filibustered against judges ... you see nothing wrong with that????

instead you dumb fucks here, instead of being appalled over this behavior, all you're worried about is losing gun control ??? really!!!!!you red neck dumb fucks got to be the dumbest I've ever seen ... so if you want to be ridiculous stupid I can too

Last edited:
The Dems tried to exclude Supreme Court Justices.....but now the GOP will have no reservations not to include them....so when Ginsberg retires they'll be able to put a conservative in her place without any obstruction from Democrats.

So this move will backfire, especially if the Dems lose Congress over Obamacare.

Well, SCOTUS ruled it a tax and tax laws change all the time

I'm still miffed as to why Roberts called it a tax when Obama called it a fine

-Geaux

what do you mean now is the time to bend over ??? you've been bent over from the repub-lie-tards from day one ...I'm loving it.... finally we can load up all the courts with liberal judges ... who will force you righties to remain bent over and taking it from all sides ... in the mouth, noes, butt, ear, belly button, eyeball, you name it and these repub-lie-tards will have that hole filled ...:lol::lol::lol:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-flame-zone/325293-top-3-dumbest-liberals-on-usmb.html

with the stupidity of your post, your on and on about nothing... so if I'm working with stupid people like your self, I have to take it to your level of understanding

here we have had in the united states a total of 168 judges filibustered in our total history ... in this congress alone we have had 84 of those filibustered against judges ... and you see nothing wrong with that????

instead but you dumb fucks here, instead of being appalled over this behavior all you're worried about is losing gun control ??? really!!!!!you red neck dumb fucks got to be the dumbest I've ever seen ... so if you want to be ridiculous stupid I can too

But we have never had to stop a determined Dictator in Chief like Obama who wants to rule, not govern.

-Geaux

-Geaux

at supreme court

the obamacare lawyers called it both a tax and a fine

as the shoe fit here or there

can anyone really blame him for the "party of no" (hint- the party that couldn't win the Presidency or the senate :redface: ) simply blocking anything that moves for the past 4+ yrs? Sen. Reid is a statesman & a scholar

Reid threatens to go nuclear on filibuster reform | MSNBC
“I’m considering looking at the rules,” the Nevada Democrat told reporters on Tuesday. “The American people are sick of this. In the name of simple fairness, any president, not just President Obama, Democrat or Republican, needs to be able to have the team that he wants in place,” Reid added.

Reid’s threat comes as Senate Republicans blocked – for the third time in three weeks—Obama’s pick, Robert Wilkins, to be a judge on the powerful D.C. Court of Appeals. Reid had a solid majority, but due to GOP’s exploitation of the Senate’s arcane rules, Democrats still fell six votes short of ending debate on Wilkins’ nomination.

Reid is a classic American fucktard traitor, the best medicine for him is the "Hanging Tree", the same tree Thomas Jefferson referred to.

Yes, if you like your rules.....you can keep your rules.......

Period.

The Fundamental Transformation of America into Obama Banana Republic

its about time we liberals took control over you fascist, commie repub-lie tards:lol::lol::lol::lol:

-Geaux

Small hint.....Obama was lying.

It had to be a tax to be constitutional.

with the stupidity of your post, your on and on about nothing... so if I'm working with stupid people like yourself, I have to take it to your level of understanding

here we have had in the united states a total of 168 judges filibustered in our total history ... in this congress alone we have had 84 of those filibustered against judges ... you see nothing wrong with that????

instead you dumb fucks here, instead of being appalled over this behavior, all you're worried about is losing gun control ??? really!!!!!you red neck dumb fucks got to be the dumbest I've ever seen ... so if you want to be ridiculous stupid I can too
Yeah, I noticed. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

can anyone really blame him for the "party of no" (hint- the party that couldn't win the Presidency or the senate :redface: ) simply blocking anything that moves for the past 4+ yrs? Sen. Reid is a statesman & a scholar

Reid threatens to go nuclear on filibuster reform | MSNBC

Reid is a classic American fucktard traitor, the best medicine for him is the "Hanging Tree", the same tree Thomas Jefferson referred to.

BWA HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhA
its about time you repub-lie-fucktards take it like a real man... man up !!!!deal with it ... time to put on your big boy pants:clap2::clap2::clap2::woohoo::happy-1:

Jesus, this is the gift that just keeps on giving........:rofl:

Forum List

Back