Reid Changing Filibuster Rules

We know he's a two-faced, lying, self-serving piece of shit. The question is, what are we gonna do about it? November 2014 could be his Waterloo.

What's he lying about? Nothing. The teaparty has been trying everything in their power to twist and turn everything he tries to do. He jokes about it, everyone does. Sometimes it's all you can do is laugh at your pathetic party.

That part of it is all over for you guys now though. Hope they follow thru with the rest of it.

its about fucking time ... couldn't come any sooner ... the thing is harry should have made it for the total senate operations ... stop this repub-lie-tard obstruction ...

What he said is true and correct. So, they are serious about getting rid of the filibuster altogether. I don't have a problem with it. Democrats have already discussed whether they'd be ok with it if they are in the minority as well. They are.

Oddly enough, they were against this thing back in 2005. Obama, Reid, Pelosi, Biden... and somehow it's okay now.

Hypocrites the lot of them.

its about fucking time ... couldn't come any sooner ... the thing is harry should have made it for the total senate operations ... stop this repub-lie-tard obstruction ...

Name the bill they obstructed.

Did they obstruct passing a budget the last 5 years?

Did they obstruct the passing of the Affordable Car Act?

The only thing they tried to obstruct was the debacle that took place the last 2 months when over 5 million voters lost their health care. Now Obama wants a do-over. He should have done something, but instead he said "I will not go along with anything that changes the Affordable Care Act in any shape or form".

We know he's a two-faced, lying, self-serving piece of shit. The question is, what are we gonna do about it? November 2014 could be his Waterloo.

What's he lying about? Nothing. The teaparty has been trying everything in their power to twist and turn everything he tries to do. He jokes about it, everyone does. Sometimes it's all you can do is laugh at your pathetic party.

That part of it is all over for you guys now though. Hope they follow thru with the rest of it.

So now its time to bend over, here comes amnesty, gun laws, and many other intrusive measures. I'm afraid this will get ugly

-Geaux

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwZLTNScKqk]Exhausted Sen Ted Cruz spars w Sen Reid who wants to eat up Cruz's time on Senate Floor - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Well, here comes the anti constitutional gun laws.

And so it has begun

-Geaux

when the Dems take over control of the house, we will get rid of these assault rifles ... I'll be elated to be the guy that pries it from their cold dead fingers ... or hell use my bolt cutter to snap their cold dead finger off that assault rifles...

I think you're saying you intend on committing murder and mutilation of the body.

Is that correct?

So now its time to bend over, here comes amnesty, gun laws, and many other intrusive measures. I'm afraid this will get ugly

-Geaux

Obama has already said what his opinion is, immigration and the farm bill. Your guys need to get to work.

-Geaux

Obama has already said what his opinion is, immigration and the farm bill. Your guys need to get to work.

Really? And who would care about that? All that is, is a distraction from the main issue. Obamacare. Your guys fucked up.

And so it has begun

-Geaux

when the Dems take over control of the house, we will get rid of these assault rifles ... I'll be elated to be the guy that pries it from their cold dead fingers ... or hell use my bolt cutter to snap their cold dead finger off that assault rifles...

Im doing my best here to deflect your stupidity as I usually, for the most part, stay civil. But if you want to get a head start, shoot me a PM. You can come on by and get the ball rolling.

BTW- bring a lunch

-Geaux

And so it has begun

-Geaux

I think you're saying you intend on committing murder and mutilation of the body.

Is that correct?
nooooo I said I'll be elated to pry it from their cold dead finger and use a bolt cutter to get the assault rifles from them... that was pretty clear no murder was mention ... if they refuse to give up their assault rifle then the law will take care of them ... some body has to be the person who pries it from their cold dead finger... I pick me ... its a thankless job but hey I'll doooooooooooooooooooo it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that correct?
nooooo I said I'll be elated to pry it from their cold dead finger and use a bolt cutter to get the assault rifles from them... that was pretty clear no murder was mention ... if they refuse to give up their assault rifle then the law will take care of them ... some body has to be the person who pries it from their cold dead finger... I pick me ... its a thankless job but hey I'll doooooooooooooooooooo it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO--

Internettoughguy.jpg

-Geaux

Really? And who would care about that? All that is, is a distraction from the main issue. Obamacare. Your guys fucked up.

Let's be clear, you don't want any distraction from YOUR main issue. The ACA is already the law and it will remain so. Democrat's main issues are immigration and the farm bill.

Do the Democrat realize they just set themselves up for repealing Obamacare if the GOP takes back the Senate?

Now they don't need a super-majority.

Then you have to admit that the Democrats have done this on principle, and not just for self-interest.

Have I missed something here? My understanding is that the rules change applies only to Presidential nominees.

I think that would include nominees for the Supreme Court, Czars and such, but not to the repealing of Obamacare.

Link me to a correction if you will.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...65cfe8-52b6-11e3-9fe0-fd2ca728e67c_print.html

Senate Democrats took the dramatic step Thursday of eliminating filibusters for most nominations by presidents, a power play they said was necessary to fix a broken system but one that Republicans said will only rupture it further.

Democrats used a rare parliamentary move to change the rules so that federal judicial nominees and executive-office appointments can advance to confirmation votes by a simple majority of senators, rather than the 60-vote supermajority that has been the standard for nearly four decades.

The immediate rationale for the move was to allow the confirmation of three picks by President Obama to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit — the most recent examples of what Democrats have long considered unreasonably partisan obstruction by Republicans.

In the long term, the rule change represents a substantial power shift in a chamber that for more than two centuries has prided itself on affording more rights to the minority party than any other legislative body in the world. Now, a president whose party holds the majority in the Senate is virtually assured of having his nominees approved, with far less opportunity for political obstruction.

Last edited:

Let's be clear, you don't want any distraction from YOUR main issue. The ACA is already the law and it will remain so. Democrat's main issues are immigration and the farm bill.

So is the fence. Build it

-Geaux

Do the Democrat realize they just set themselves up for repealing Obamacare if the GOP takes back the Senate?

Now they don't need a super-majority.

Then you have to admit that the Democrats have done this on principle, and not just for self-interest.

Have I missed something here? My understanding is that the rules change applies only to Presidential nominees.

I think that would include nominees for the Supreme Court, Czars and such, but not to the repealing of Obamacare.

Link me to a correction if you will.

Yes, if you like your rules.....you can keep your rules.......

Forum List

Back