Regarding Russia's Encroachment of Ukraine

It will be easy to blow up all Russian pipelines it they dare invade Ukraine.
Genius, what will your European friends heat their houses with? They are freezing now when Russia delivers what it's supposed to by the contracts. The wood as the alternative grows in Siberia too, Putin said. Remember that?

Genius, what will your European friends heat their houses with? They are freezing now when Russia delivers what it's supposed to by the contracts. The wood as the alternative grows in Siberia too, Putin said. Remember that?

Come on man, everyone knows that the Chinese own the forests in Siberia and are clear cutting those forests as quickly as they can. You better hope that electric cars somehow lose favor with the public or Russia will soon be sitting on a lot of worthless oil.

Russia has oil and military hardware as its two principal industries. If the price of oil drops Russia is broke and this might explain why Russia has become so agressive.

I asked because I took part on a forum at the time and that caused me to be very aware of the footdragging of the Repubicans. That was an unusual exception.

But to the point of your topic here, I think it's clever and it's bringing out some answers.

Only do be aware of some of the answers switching 180 as the situation develops.
Let's just hope it doesn't develop to that point.

I think that as the situation of China rising is faced squarely by America, the possibility of a very serious crunch situation with Russia is approaching. I'm tying the two competitors to America's hegemony together and you or some others may want to know why.

In a nutshell, two great competing alliances are being formed.
Okay, cool.

Decus Yeah, I forgot that that electricity comes just from a power socket in your "car hole". In that case Russia is definitely doomed.

Decus Yeah, I forgot that that electricity comes just from a power socket in your "car hole". In that case Russia is definitely doomed.

In the next ten years, what percentage of the production of electricity do you see coming from natural gas or other petroleum products like diesel?

What do Republicans want to see happen in this scenario?

As far as America's involvement of course.
Putin has spent a lot of time and resources into dividing our country into warring factions. This is to ensure that when he gets aggressive, at least half our population will be vociferously against whatever our current leader decides to do.

• Funny
Reactions: DBA
What do Republicans want to see happen in this scenario?

As far as America's involvement of course.
You won't see any solid opinions from leading Republicans right now. Republicans are waiting to see what Biden does, then they will be against it.

In the next ten years, what percentage of the production of electricity do you see coming from natural gas or other petroleum products like diesel?
Greta is a bad influence, I see. She is said to have done poorly in school.

So according to you electric cars and clean energy policies will have no effect on the volume of petroleum products being used over the next ten years???

You are just too funny.

You won't see any solid opinions from leading Republicans right now. Republicans are waiting to see what Biden does, then they will be against it.
THIS!!

jenn-jenn-robbins.gif

So according to you electric cars and clean energy policies will have no effect on the volume of petroleum products being used over the next ten years???

You are just too funny.

I don't think electric cars will be widely used (they are bad for the environment) and you can do a lot of stuff out of petroleum other than diesel.

Last edited:

Seeing how your Russian education is somewhat lacking here is a snapshot of the impact the move to "clean energy" will have on oil-dependent countries like Russia:

"However felicitous a development that will be for the global climate, however, it poses a risk that the oil reserves so many oil-dependent economies count on will be less valuable—especially for reserves where extraction costs are high. The reserves and the investment surrounding them become, in effect, stranded assets. That could lead to severe economic woes, including bankruptcies and crises, in turn leading to mass migrations, especially from populous oil-dependent economies, many of them in Africa."

I don't think electric cars will be widely used and you can do a lot of stuff out of petroleum other than diesel.

If there is conflict in the Ukraine it will drive oil prices up and higher prices at the pump will push more people to buy electric cars. Russia needs to diversify its economy or face hard times.

Seeing how your Russian education is somewhat lacking here is a snapshot of the impact the move to "clean energy" will have on oil-dependent countries like Russia:

"However felicitous a development that will be for the global climate, however, it poses a risk that the oil reserves so many oil-dependent economies count on will be less valuable—especially for reserves where extraction costs are high. The reserves and the investment surrounding them become, in effect, stranded assets. That could lead to severe economic woes, including bankruptcies and crises, in turn leading to mass migrations, especially from populous oil-dependent economies, many of them in Africa."

That's not science, it's not even science-fiction, it's just fiction or bullshit as you like to say.

Forum List

Back