Regarding Russia's Encroachment of Ukraine

Putin's given him the opening, but it IS Biden's opportunity. Germany no longer has Merkel and Boris is being put in house arrest. Even traditional gopers will stand with him unless he literally creates a war ... and that's always a possibility, esp with Biden

Putin's given him the opening, but it IS Biden's opportunity. Germany no longer has Merkel and Boris is being put in house arrest. Even traditional gopers will stand with him unless he literally creates a war ... and that's always a possibility, esp with Biden
Remember Kids, When Putin Tells you to Crimea a River, and Ukraine your neck to see Faux Xiden approach The Pulpit to tell you that despite The Food Shortages, Inflation, Afghanistan Debacle, COVID, and North Korea and Russia getting us down that we are still all in this together.
E20DAEC7-2BD1-4492-8D1B-D70016C4D775.jpeg

Well that depends.

Biden said Putin may only do a "minor" incursion" which we may not care much about.

What is a minor incursion? Is it kind of like a mico agression?

And Biden said he will have to do something.

What is that something?
This is what I'm asking....

What do Republicans want the President to do?

What do Republicans want to see happen in this scenario?

As far as America's involvement of course.
A clever attempt to chase down an opinion!
Did you think that this would be the exception in which one side of domestic politics wouldn't rally around the flags for war?

Are you old enough to remember the 99 Kosovo war in which there was at least a hint of dissention against Clinton's war?

A clever attempt to chase down an opinion!
Did you think that this would be the exception in which one side of domestic politics wouldn't rally around the flags for war?

Are you old enough to remember the 99 Kosovo war in which there was at least a hint of dissention against Clinton's war?
Vaguely. I was in my early to mid teens at that time.

Didn't really become politically aware until my early twenties.

Why do you ask?

Vaguely. I was in my early to mid teens at that time.

Didn't really become politically aware until my early twenties.

Why do you ask?
I asked because I took part on a forum at the time and that caused me to be very aware of the footdragging of the Repubicans. That was an unusual exception.

But to the point of your topic here, I think it's clever and it's bringing out some answers.

Only do be aware of some of the answers switching 180 as the situation develops.
Let's just hope it doesn't develop to that point.

I think that as the situation of China rising is faced squarely by America, the possibility of a very serious crunch situation with Russia is approaching. I'm tying the two competitors to America's hegemony together and you or some others may want to know why.

In a nutshell, two great competing alliances are being formed.

It will be easy to blow up all Russian pipelines it they dare invade Ukraine.

Why should we have to blow up something we endorsed? Trump had that under control already. Why did you allow Biden to remove sanctions and give them the go ahead?

Wrong question. What Pubs "think" is irrelevant, the question should be why is Biden doing this?

Are you aware that the biggest Russian Naval base on the Black Sea is in Crimea?

We would break out every weapon in the arsenal if someone tried to cut off our access to Guantanamo. We would bomb them until the entire country was a smoking ruin.

There was zero chance that the Russians would sacrifice Crimea to anything. Especially to a probable NATO ally in the future.
Bingo! Few understand that on account of it not being condusive to the situation at the time. And many will continue to refuse to understand.

Still, it remains a mystery on why America/Ukraine would make the move? Ukraine loses big time but I wonder if America lost anything? There's America's gain in that the conquest by Russia has some demonizing value. It certainly can be seen as setting the stage for a war.

But you see though, your perception of what is possible is almost certainly going to change as the situation changes as it applies to what is promoted as America's security.

I've read a lot of war memoirs written by German soldiers that fought on the Eastern Front. The horrors they described about the weather, the brutality of the enemy and mistreatment by their own government should be a stark warning for the U.S. The Eastern Front was the worst place on the planet, and where the most lives were lost in WWII. Couple that with my love of my fellow Americans, and I do not want to see friends die on a frozen battlefield so far from home, for nothing.

I've read a lot of war memoirs written by German soldiers that fought on the Eastern Front. The horrors they described about the weather, the brutality of the enemy and mistreatment by their own government should be a stark warning for the U.S. The Eastern Front was the worst place on the planet, and where the most lives were lost in WWII. Couple that with my love of my fellow Americans, and I do not want to see friends die on a frozen battlefield so far from home, for nothing.
Baloney. A war between America and Russia won't be fought by the infantry, it will be fought in the sky and it will be over before most will realize it started.
That's the reason why some people care. And of course the reason why America must maintain it as a war of proxies.
I think it's pretty safe to say that Americans and Russians will never meet on the battle field.

Baloney. A war between America and Russia won't be fought by the infantry, it will be fought in the sky and it will be over before most will realize it started.
That's the reason why some people care. And of course the reason why America must maintain it as a war of proxies.
I think it's pretty safe to say that Americans and Russians will never meet on the battle field.

You think that?

Ha. The Germans had total air superiority too.

Forum List

Back