Redskins changing their name

Not in to football, but I think redskins is kinda..tacky. How would players think of the name WhiteTrash, or Crackers but none were white?
Again i ask why we seem to are about things FOR other races?

Maybe it's simply acknowledging and understanding the complaints of other races.

It wasn't white people who cared. It was Native American's. They complained for years. Sometimes it takes awhile. Unfortunately many still think everything is about themselves. Heck, some still believe blacks should still have to ride in the back of the bus.

Could you turn that on me and tell me I'm not giving racists my time to listen to their complaints? I've heard them. The president may think they are good people also but I really don't.
Most studies I've seen said most native Americans did not care.

Because 5% may care is not valid to force the issue.

And stop the TRUMP IS RACIST sideshow Bob shit. A distraction for the emotionally handicapped.

Nope, not going to stop. At the beginning of his presidency I gave him the benefit of the doubt. I said that I didn't know that he was a racist but he knew he had to appeal to the racists to win. He has now fully boarded that train.

He has? Exactly how so?

The term "redskin" has always been a slur.

No, it never was. Nobody names a team as a joke or insult.

Redskin is a slang term for Native Americans in the United States and First Nations in Canada. The term "redskin" underwent pejoration through the 19th to early 20th centuries[1] and in contemporary dictionaries of American English it is labeled "usually offensive",[2] "disparaging",[3][4] "insulting",[5] or "taboo".[6]

Redskin - Wikipedia

I really didn't need to point this out to you though.

Like I did with football, I'm just not going to watch it ever again. I have 300 channels to choose from. I don't need to watch cowering sports for entertainment, and neither do millions of other Americans.

You are wrong about the Indians. When they built the new stadium and the team was doing spectacular during the 90's, you couldn't get a ticket if your life counted on it. They had a historic record of sellouts. I remember them drawing large crowds even when people knew it would likely be a rain out. They attended just in case of that 5% chance they might see a live Indians game. Diehard fans who did stay ended up going home at 2:00 am on a work night. Anything to see a live Cleveland Indians game.

Thankfully there are still plenty of real Americans who are against this commie push for political correctness.

I am not wrong. I grew up a Cleveland Indians fan. Empty stadiums were the norm. Fact.

It has been noted by the team that they even considered changing the name when they moved into the new stadium, which by the way has changed it's name to appease corporate sponsors. Attendance is back down to among the lowest in the league despite having a decent team.

And you think all this talk about changing the mascot didn't play a part? It's not just the Indians, not just baseball, but nearly every sport has taken some sort of political stance. People are now talking about boycotting Nascar. I could care less about a bunch of cars driving around in circles, but I do know Nascar fans. They would risk death to see a race.

Look at Facebook. People are forwarding posts like Kaepernick taking a social stance on how blacks are treated by police, but joined a religion that still has black slaves. Or how Leboob James became a warrior for social justice, but is making tens of millions representing a company that has their shoes made by slave labor in China.

What happens when entertainers take a social or political stance is, about a third of their fans don't care. They just want to see you throw a football, act a part in a movie, or play your guitar. About another third will support your stance. The last third is repulsed by it and quit supporting you or even your entire industry. It just makes zero sense.

You call it about politics (which I find sad). I call it about people.

I don't care what you call it. You'd have to be blind to say there is no politics behind it.

Someone unfortunately tries and tie everything to politics. I find that sad.

On most all these issues, the left chooses the exact opposite side of the right. How can you say politics has no place in these matters? I'm not tying anything, it's just the way it is.

And the other way around. Remember when the "right" was against deficits?

I didn't actually say politics have no place. I said I find it sad that so many have to make everything about politics.

This is about people.

This isn't all that hard to figure out:

Support police: left against--right for.
Kneeling at Anthem: right against--left for.
Protests and riots: right against--left for.
Defunding police: right against--left for.
Politically correct sports teams: right against--left for.

Sure, you aren't interest in people only your things.

Where did I say that? People make up political parties. People on the left have the exact opposite stance than people on the right.

Not in to football, but I think redskins is kinda..tacky. How would players think of the name WhiteTrash, or Crackers but none were white?

Maybe it's simply acknowledging and understanding the complaints of other races.

It wasn't white people who cared. It was Native American's. They complained for years. Sometimes it takes awhile. Unfortunately many still think everything is about themselves. Heck, some still believe blacks should still have to ride in the back of the bus.

Could you turn that on me and tell me I'm not giving racists my time to listen to their complaints? I've heard them. The president may think they are good people also but I really don't.

And stop the TRUMP IS RACIST sideshow Bob shit. A distraction for the emotionally handicapped.

Nope, not going to stop. At the beginning of his presidency I gave him the benefit of the doubt. I said that I didn't know that he was a racist but he knew he had to appeal to the racists to win. He has now fully boarded that train.

He has? Exactly how so?

Could I really convince someone that argued that "Redskin" was a positive thing?

Redskin is a slang term for Native Americans in the United States and First Nations in Canada. The term "redskin" underwent pejoration through the 19th to early 20th centuries[1] and in contemporary dictionaries of American English it is labeled "usually offensive",[2] "disparaging",[3][4] "insulting",[5] or "taboo".[6]

Redskin - Wikipedia

Like I did with football, I'm just not going to watch it ever again. I have 300 channels to choose from. I don't need to watch cowering sports for entertainment, and neither do millions of other Americans.

You are wrong about the Indians. When they built the new stadium and the team was doing spectacular during the 90's, you couldn't get a ticket if your life counted on it. They had a historic record of sellouts. I remember them drawing large crowds even when people knew it would likely be a rain out. They attended just in case of that 5% chance they might see a live Indians game. Diehard fans who did stay ended up going home at 2:00 am on a work night. Anything to see a live Cleveland Indians game.

Thankfully there are still plenty of real Americans who are against this commie push for political correctness.

I am not wrong. I grew up a Cleveland Indians fan. Empty stadiums were the norm. Fact.

It has been noted by the team that they even considered changing the name when they moved into the new stadium, which by the way has changed it's name to appease corporate sponsors. Attendance is back down to among the lowest in the league despite having a decent team.

And you think all this talk about changing the mascot didn't play a part? It's not just the Indians, not just baseball, but nearly every sport has taken some sort of political stance. People are now talking about boycotting Nascar. I could care less about a bunch of cars driving around in circles, but I do know Nascar fans. They would risk death to see a race.

Look at Facebook. People are forwarding posts like Kaepernick taking a social stance on how blacks are treated by police, but joined a religion that still has black slaves. Or how Leboob James became a warrior for social justice, but is making tens of millions representing a company that has their shoes made by slave labor in China.

What happens when entertainers take a social or political stance is, about a third of their fans don't care. They just want to see you throw a football, act a part in a movie, or play your guitar. About another third will support your stance. The last third is repulsed by it and quit supporting you or even your entire industry. It just makes zero sense.

I don't care what you call it. You'd have to be blind to say there is no politics behind it.

On most all these issues, the left chooses the exact opposite side of the right. How can you say politics has no place in these matters? I'm not tying anything, it's just the way it is.

I didn't actually say politics have no place. I said I find it sad that so many have to make everything about politics.

This is about people.

Where did I say that? People make up political parties. People on the left have the exact opposite stance than people on the right.

Well no. Well it depends on what year it is. Under Obama deficits were bad. Under Trump they don't matter.

Under Bush, wars were bad. Under Obama they were a "fight for freedom". I'm not saying that one side is any better than the other here. Politics. Sadly very few attach any sort of principles to their politics.

By some measure I get it now. See PROGS poison everything and OMG if Redskin is so offensive I guess we better deliver them from another melt-down. If it weren't for rewarding bad behavior it's sure as FUCK worth it to hear them just STFU. The NFL is PROG corrupted to begin with, why do you think interest in NFL and NBA are on the decline? You know, Lebron James tells us the USA is fucked up, white privileged yackity yack while he's formally bent-over for a train of Chinese. Tells me all I need to know about PROG-athletics.

Anyway, some Redskin replacement names are being considered. I like the shit out of "Hogs", though I suppose we'd be insulting fat chicks which is why it's in 3rd place. The majority likes "Redtails" WTF is a Redtail? come out and say it so we're sure it's not offensive yet. The majority thinks Budweiser is the best beer too, and Dementia I mean Biden is best-suited for the most powerful position in the world.

What other name replacements would be good for the conversion of Redskins? Perhaps the Washington Snowflakes, though the Washington Recoils has a ring to it. At least we're not singling out someone's skin. Since we're not supposed to distinguish skin color, how about the Black National Anthem before games? And WTF is a black national anthem anyway, I thought black citizens were American Citizens, but PROGS says they're below or above it and must be segregated.

Does any know WTF PROGS are doing anymore, because they sure don't.

It seems that you are not sure what everybody is doing. Sad that you are so easily confused. I'm sure they will come up with a suitable replacement name for the Redskins, even though there will still be some that are dissatisfied.
Only Black people shot by police matter. Focusing on changing the Redskins name is disrespecting the BLM movement. The Mob should tear down FedEx field. It's the only way to heal the nation.

The only real way is for everybody to quit watching football, quite buying their gear, never going to their games, nothing.

Redskin - Wikipedia

This is about people.

Well no. Well it depends on what year it is. Under Obama deficits were bad. Under Trump they don't matter.

Under Bush, wars were bad. Under Obama they were a "fight for freedom". I'm not saying that one side is any better than the other here. Politics. Sadly very few attach any sort of principles to their politics.

Many conservatives have criticized Trump for the spending. However, on all other issues, he's more than satisfactory. DumBama wasted our money on politics, like cash for clunkers, Obama care, all kinds of leftist goodies. Trump spent a lot of our money on national defense which benefits all Americans, not just people in his political party. It also benefits other nations that depend on the threat of our military to keep them safe.

By some measure I get it now. See PROGS poison everything and OMG if Redskin is so offensive I guess we better deliver them from another melt-down. If it weren't for rewarding bad behavior it's sure as FUCK worth it to hear them just STFU. The NFL is PROG corrupted to begin with, why do you think interest in NFL and NBA are on the decline? You know, Lebron James tells us the USA is fucked up, white privileged yackity yack while he's formally bent-over for a train of Chinese. Tells me all I need to know about PROG-athletics.

Anyway, some Redskin replacement names are being considered. I like the shit out of "Hogs", though I suppose we'd be insulting fat chicks which is why it's in 3rd place. The majority likes "Redtails" WTF is a Redtail? come out and say it so we're sure it's not offensive yet. The majority thinks Budweiser is the best beer too, and Dementia I mean Biden is best-suited for the most powerful position in the world.

What other name replacements would be good for the conversion of Redskins? Perhaps the Washington Snowflakes, though the Washington Recoils has a ring to it. At least we're not singling out someone's skin. Since we're not supposed to distinguish skin color, how about the Black National Anthem before games? And WTF is a black national anthem anyway, I thought black citizens were American Citizens, but PROGS says they're below or above it and must be segregated.

A Red Tail is a hawk, also the Tuskegee Airmen in WWII were nicknamed the Red Tails because of the tail of their planes were colored red. So, it is a tribute to the airmen.

He has? Exactly how so?

Could I really convince someone that argued that "Redskin" was a positive thing?

It's not supposed to be positive or negative. It's a name for crying out loud. Did you watch that video I posted? The native American said those Indian names and logos were to honor our native Americans, not bash or mock them.

Think of how Fn ridiculous this is. Some white cop accidentally killed a black suspect, and because of that, the country has to change entirely. We have to get rid of the Chiefs. We have to get rid of the Cleveland Indians. We have to remove Aunt Jemima, we have to remove the Indian from Land O Lakes butter, which is made in my state. They are about ten minutes from Kent State university. We have to get rid of Uncle Ben. We have to get rid of George Washington, and we have to get rid of Christopher Columbus. It's like the Fn country has gone mad.

Quislings?

Redskin - Wikipedia

This is about people.

Many conservatives have criticized Trump for the spending. However, on all other issues, he's more than satisfactory. DumBama wasted our money on politics, like cash for clunkers, Obama care, all kinds of leftist goodies. Trump spent a lot of our money on national defense which benefits all Americans, not just people in his political party. It also benefits other nations that depend on the threat of our military to keep them safe.

Corporate farm bail outs was no different than cash for clunkers.

You're a pussy bitch; but as a lifelong fan I hope that a new name changes the embarrassing culture of the last few decades.

Right on dude, way to insult women suggesting pussy and bitch are codependent. You make a lot of sense though, I fully expect the new name for the Washington Foreskins (nailed it, TY) to change the embarrassing culture last few decades.

He has? Exactly how so?

It's not supposed to be positive or negative. It's a name for crying out loud. Did you watch that video I posted? The native American said those Indian names and logos were to honor our native Americans, not bash or mock them.

Think of how Fn ridiculous this is. Some white cop accidentally killed a black suspect, and because of that, the country has to change entirely. We have to get rid of the Chiefs. We have to get rid of the Cleveland Indians. We have to remove Aunt Jemima, we have to remove the Indian from Land O Lakes butter, which is made in my state. They are about ten minutes from Kent State university. We have to get rid of Uncle Ben. We have to get rid of George Washington, and we have to get rid of Christopher Columbus. It's like the Fn country has gone mad.

It isn't about any one instance as much as you want to think it was. The one instance simply told millions of American's that they could no longer ignore and pretend there isn't an issue. Even Barr has finally admitted there is a problem.

Unfair policing of African Americans a 'widespread phenomenon,' Attorney General Barr says

Only one more step from there.

cause you're an energizer bunny of stupid shit so of course you won't stop.

you didn't get your way - WAH I CRY
no one cared WHY I CRY LOUDER
no one cared still EVERYONE RACIST WAH

you need to learn a new word. you're hating and demonizing a man cause someone told you to and you can't even articulate why you hate him.

give 3 examples of his racism.

bet you can't. but i do bet you'll try to pass on generic WAH shit as proof.

This is ridiculous. Sports teams (especially in football) do not use names or mascots in jest. They use them in honor. Football is a rough and tough sport. They look for icons to reflect that.

For years we had a battle with the Cleveland Indians. Our local news teams went downtown during Indian protests that usually happened at the season opening. You know what it was? About three or four native Americans protesting the name. And it wasn't the name so much, it was the mascot they were using.

Now they are considering a name change as well in light of BLM destroying our country. The team hasn't done squat the past several years, and abandoning the history of the team will certainly end up in their demise.

While the left celebrates erasing history and abolishing tradition, real Americans don't. The dumbest thing American sports did was take political stances against the people who support them. They ignore viewership and attendance declines, and insist they are going to continue to become progressive. If our Indians change their name, I predict an empty stadium for years to come, and the team (whatever they are called) will be moving out to another city, hopefully to attract new fans.

Winner right there "Sports teams (especially in football) do not use names or mascots in jest. They use them in honor. Football is a rough and tough sport. They look for icons to reflect that."

But according to PROGS, who don't recognize it yet, we must be insulting Cowboys, Indians, Birds and Mammals as opposed honoring them. God forbid one is named under God, just ask Warner what it's like do be a vocal white christian in the NFL. Blacks praise God cool, white does the same it just doesn't belong. Good for Warner his skills were so remarkable he couldn't be denied, and it took the lowly Cardinals to allow it, as 2nd chair. The HOFer is probably underrated, I'd take his prime all day over Aikman, Bradshaw and Brady too.

But we must remember Redskins is harmful because we're bringing awareness to skin color. The antidote is the black national anthem.

you need to learn a new word. you're hating and demonizing a man cause someone told you to and you can't even articulate why you hate him.

His defense of Charlottesville. His calling Kaepernick a SOB. Hiring Stephen Miller

His defense of Charlottesville. His calling Kaepernick a SOB. Hiring Stephen Miller
generic shit - he was talking about people who didn't go along with mob mentality - you and the fucked up in the head left keep trying to insist he meant something else. aka HE SAID DRINK BLEACH of which we all know he never fucking said that
generic shit. he is a SOB. many black people think so also. are the blacks now racist?
generic shit - so you don't like someone ergo no one else should. man, you just really made the total mission statement of the fucked up left. IF WE DON'T APPROVE NO ONE SHOULD GRRR.

so like i said - you have zero proof of your accusations but i'm sure you'll keep shouting it out loud cause it's all you know.

Redskin - Wikipedia

This is about people.

Yep, only libs seem to forget Obama adding over $9 Trillion to the debt.

They aren't against spending. The problem is Obama didn't add the taxes to pay for it.

But yes, in 8 years Obama added that. Trump has added near 7 trillion in 3.5 years.

keep you BS straight.

Which President Increased U.S. Debt the Most?.

Your link does nothing to dispute what I said. In eight years Obama added 8.5 trillion. Trump has added over 6 trillion in just 3.5 years. Or are you wanting to compare 8 years to 3.5 years?

That's because you fricken can't read. Initially you said 7 trillion, now you're saying 6 trillion. You might want to read it another 2-3 times....dumbass.

He has? Exactly how so?

Yes, this is very well written. Has the "N" word for anyone who cares to read it, so be prepared to be highly offended: Why Is the Word “Redskin” so Offensive? – Marquette University Law School Faculty Blog

Forum List

Back