Redskins changing their name

Yes Camp, Wikipedia is great isn't it. Who would have thought Blacks could defeat the Germans if given the chance! LOL! Qualified Blacks had every opportunity as qualified Whites in WWII despite what Hollywood and the academia tells you.

Yes Camp, Wikipedia is great isn't it. Who would have thought Blacks could defeat the Germans if given the chance! LOL! Qualified Blacks had every opportunity as qualified Whites in WWII despite what Hollywood and the academia tells you.
You are always ready for dumping your poorly educated ignorant racist idiocy on USMB. What makes a dumb jerk like you keep going on in life as an asshole? By the way, black Americans did not have opportunities during WWII as you claim you stupid motherfucker.

Watch Tom Hanks In “Greyhound”. Good movie and an insight into the service roles blacks held in WWII

Not in to football, but I think redskins is kinda..tacky. How would players think of the name WhiteTrash, or Crackers but none were white?

Interesting POV.

What difference does it matter what 'color' any team is?

I remember when the Boston Celtics was an all white Basketball team during the Larry Bird years.

If the Redskins are/were a predominant 'American Indian' team .........

blah

this is all so fk'd up

Someone should have informed Dennis Johnson and Robert Parrish that they were white.

I became in favor of changing all these Indian based team names long ago. Ever since I first heard fans chanting along with that stupid tomahawk chop.
I could also do without the annoying Southern Cal tune they play during their football games.
I can do without boomer sooner every time a yard is gained but I more watch life, not judge it and make it change to my views.

Indians didn't care, why should I care for them?

Not in to football, but I think redskins is kinda..tacky. How would players think of the name WhiteTrash, or Crackers but none were white?
Again i ask why we seem to are about things FOR other races?

Maybe it's simply acknowledging and understanding the complaints of other races.

It wasn't white people who cared. It was Native American's. They complained for years. Sometimes it takes awhile. Unfortunately many still think everything is about themselves. Heck, some still believe blacks should still have to ride in the back of the bus.

Could you turn that on me and tell me I'm not giving racists my time to listen to their complaints? I've heard them. The president may think they are good people also but I really don't.

Maybe it's simply acknowledging and understanding the complaints of other races.

It wasn't white people who cared. It was Native American's. They complained for years. Sometimes it takes awhile. Unfortunately many still think everything is about themselves. Heck, some still believe blacks should still have to ride in the back of the bus.

Could you turn that on me and tell me I'm not giving racists my time to listen to their complaints? I've heard them. The president may think they are good people also but I really don't.

This is ridiculous. Sports teams (especially in football) do not use names or mascots in jest. They use them in honor. Football is a rough and tough sport. They look for icons to reflect that.

For years we had a battle with the Cleveland Indians. Our local news teams went downtown during Indian protests that usually happened at the season opening. You know what it was? About three or four native Americans protesting the name. And it wasn't the name so much, it was the mascot they were using.

Now they are considering a name change as well in light of BLM destroying our country. The team hasn't done squat the past several years, and abandoning the history of the team will certainly end up in their demise.

While the left celebrates erasing history and abolishing tradition, real Americans don't. The dumbest thing American sports did was take political stances against the people who support them. They ignore viewership and attendance declines, and insist they are going to continue to become progressive. If our Indians change their name, I predict an empty stadium for years to come, and the team (whatever they are called) will be moving out to another city, hopefully to attract new fans.

This is ridiculous. Sports teams (especially in football) do not use names or mascots in jest. They use them in honor. Football is a rough and tough sport. They look for icons to reflect that.

The term "redskin" has always been a slur.

For years we had a battle with the Cleveland Indians. Our local news teams went downtown during Indian protests that usually happened at the season opening. You know what it was? About three or four native Americans protesting the name. And it wasn't the name so much, it was the mascot they were using.

Now they are considering a name change as well in light of BLM destroying our country. The team hasn't done squat the past several years, and abandoning the history of the team will certainly end up in their demise.

While the left celebrates erasing history and abolishing tradition, real Americans don't. The dumbest thing American sports did was take political stances against the people who support them. They ignore viewership and attendance declines, and insist they are going to continue to become progressive. If our Indians change their name, I predict an empty stadium for years to come, and the team (whatever they are called) will be F

I grew up a Cleveland Indians fan. Empty stadiums were the norm. All the same they will change their name. Are you going to boo Francona this year?

Moronic virtue signaling. You cant get more asinine than trying to change the name of everything in the pursuit of appeasement to radicals.

This was written about long ago.

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.”

― George Orwell, 1984

Moronic virtue signaling. You cant get more asinine than trying to change the name of everything in the pursuit of appeasement to radicals.

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.”

― George Orwell, 1984

"The party" is not calling for this. The people are.

The term "redskin" has always been a slur.

No, it never was. Nobody names a team as a joke or insult.

I grew up a Cleveland Indians fan. Empty stadiums were the norm. All the same they will change their name. Are you going to boo Francona this year?

Like I did with football, I'm just not going to watch it ever again. I have 300 channels to choose from. I don't need to watch cowering sports for entertainment, and neither do millions of other Americans.

You are wrong about the Indians. When they built the new stadium and the team was doing spectacular during the 90's, you couldn't get a ticket if your life counted on it. They had a historic record of sellouts. I remember them drawing large crowds even when people knew it would likely be a rain out. They attended just in case of that 5% chance they might see a live Indians game. Diehard fans who did stay ended up going home at 2:00 am on a work night. Anything to see a live Cleveland Indians game.

Thankfully there are still plenty of real Americans who are against this commie push for political correctness.

By some measure I get it now. See PROGS poison everything and OMG if Redskin is so offensive I guess we better deliver them from another melt-down. If it weren't for rewarding bad behavior it's sure as FUCK worth it to hear them just STFU. The NFL is PROG corrupted to begin with, why do you think interest in NFL and NBA are on the decline? You know, Lebron James tells us the USA is fucked up, white privileged yackity yack while he's formally bent-over for a train of Chinese. Tells me all I need to know about PROG-athletics.

Anyway, some Redskin replacement names are being considered. I like the shit out of "Hogs", though I suppose we'd be insulting fat chicks which is why it's in 3rd place. The majority likes "Redtails" WTF is a Redtail? come out and say it so we're sure it's not offensive yet. The majority thinks Budweiser is the best beer too, and Dementia I mean Biden is best-suited for the most powerful position in the world.

What other name replacements would be good for the conversion of Redskins? Perhaps the Washington Snowflakes, though the Washington Recoils has a ring to it. At least we're not singling out someone's skin. Since we're not supposed to distinguish skin color, how about the Black National Anthem before games? And WTF is a black national anthem anyway, I thought black citizens were American Citizens, but PROGS says they're below or above it and must be segregated.

Does any know WTF PROGS are doing anymore, because they sure don't.
The Washington Virtue-Signalers?

or go with something abstract:

Washington White Privilege?

They can't name themselves the Washington FedEx, 'cause FedEx delivers on Sunday.

• Funny
Reactions: mdk
707lgxt86ka51.jpg

Golly, this sure aged like milk. I guess using CAPS can be added to the ever-growing list of things that ain't what they used to be.

― George Orwell, 1984

"The party" is not calling for this. The people are.

A small group of people, and it's supported by the party. Turn on CNN when they pull down or desecrate statues. They support and celebrate it. Some commie cities are changing the names of streets (as outlined by Orwell) to Black Lives Matter.

Thanks to this violent movement, we had over 20 shootings on July 4th weekend, ending up in three deaths. While our police were running around like chickens with their heads cutoff with all the violence, the Mayor here had police guarding a mural on a main street 24/7. The picture? A BLM mural. After it was painted, somebody sprayed the thing with a can of paint. So the city government is actually spending taxpayer money to guard the graffiti.

Forum List

Back