Redskins changing their name

The term "redskin" has always been a slur.

No, it never was. Nobody names a team as a joke or insult.

Redskin is a slang term for Native Americans in the United States and First Nations in Canada. The term "redskin" underwent pejoration through the 19th to early 20th centuries[1] and in contemporary dictionaries of American English it is labeled "usually offensive",[2] "disparaging",[3][4] "insulting",[5] or "taboo".[6]

Redskin - Wikipedia

I really didn't need to point this out to you though.

Like I did with football, I'm just not going to watch it ever again. I have 300 channels to choose from. I don't need to watch cowering sports for entertainment, and neither do millions of other Americans.

You are wrong about the Indians. When they built the new stadium and the team was doing spectacular during the 90's, you couldn't get a ticket if your life counted on it. They had a historic record of sellouts. I remember them drawing large crowds even when people knew it would likely be a rain out. They attended just in case of that 5% chance they might see a live Indians game. Diehard fans who did stay ended up going home at 2:00 am on a work night. Anything to see a live Cleveland Indians game.

Thankfully there are still plenty of real Americans who are against this commie push for political correctness.

I am not wrong. I grew up a Cleveland Indians fan. Empty stadiums were the norm. Fact.

It has been noted by the team that they even considered changing the name when they moved into the new stadium, which by the way has changed it's name to appease corporate sponsors. Attendance is back down to among the lowest in the league despite having a decent team.

Moronic virtue signaling. You cant get more asinine than trying to change the name of everything in the pursuit of appeasement to radicals.

This was written about long ago.

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.”

― George Orwell, 1984

"The party" is not calling for this. The people are.

A small group of people, and it's supported by the party. Turn on CNN when they pull down or desecrate statues. They support and celebrate it. Some commie cities are changing the names of streets (as outlined by Orwell) to Black Lives Matter.

Thanks to this violent movement, we had over 20 shootings on July 4th weekend, ending up in three deaths. While our police were running around like chickens with their heads cutoff with all the violence, the Mayor here had police guarding a mural on a main street 24/7. The picture? A BLM mural. After it was painted, somebody sprayed the thing with a can of paint. So the city government is actually spending taxpayer money to guard the graffiti.

The solution is easy. Quit pretending you know better than others what is offensive to them.

Redskin is a slang term for Native Americans in the United States and First Nations in Canada. The term "redskin" underwent pejoration through the 19th to early 20th centuries[1] and in contemporary dictionaries of American English it is labeled "usually offensive",[2] "disparaging",[3][4] "insulting",[5] or "taboo".[6]

Redskin - Wikipedia

Like I did with football, I'm just not going to watch it ever again. I have 300 channels to choose from. I don't need to watch cowering sports for entertainment, and neither do millions of other Americans.

You are wrong about the Indians. When they built the new stadium and the team was doing spectacular during the 90's, you couldn't get a ticket if your life counted on it. They had a historic record of sellouts. I remember them drawing large crowds even when people knew it would likely be a rain out. They attended just in case of that 5% chance they might see a live Indians game. Diehard fans who did stay ended up going home at 2:00 am on a work night. Anything to see a live Cleveland Indians game.

Thankfully there are still plenty of real Americans who are against this commie push for political correctness.

I am not wrong. I grew up a Cleveland Indians fan. Empty stadiums were the norm. Fact.

It has been noted by the team that they even considered changing the name when they moved into the new stadium, which by the way has changed it's name to appease corporate sponsors. Attendance is back down to among the lowest in the league despite having a decent team.

And you think all this talk about changing the mascot didn't play a part? It's not just the Indians, not just baseball, but nearly every sport has taken some sort of political stance. People are now talking about boycotting Nascar. I could care less about a bunch of cars driving around in circles, but I do know Nascar fans. They would risk death to see a race.

Look at Facebook. People are forwarding posts like Kaepernick taking a social stance on how blacks are treated by police, but joined a religion that still has black slaves. Or how Leboob James became a warrior for social justice, but is making tens of millions representing a company that has their shoes made by slave labor in China.

What happens when entertainers take a social or political stance is, about a third of their fans don't care. They just want to see you throw a football, act a part in a movie, or play your guitar. About another third will support your stance. The last third is repulsed by it and quit supporting you or even your entire industry. It just makes zero sense.

Correct, I do not. Only the left is allowed to.
The ones who decide are the ones affected by it.
In this case it is Natives.

And a small percentage of them at that. Here is an interview of pro and anti name change native Americans. The host asks the politically correct native how he feels about 90% of his people being against things like name changes. His reply? Oh, I talk to other native Americans, and they are all for these changes. I mean come on. This guy is going to argue against statistics to make his point?

Moronic virtue signaling. You cant get more asinine than trying to change the name of everything in the pursuit of appeasement to radicals.

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.”

― George Orwell, 1984

A small group of people, and it's supported by the party. Turn on CNN when they pull down or desecrate statues. They support and celebrate it. Some commie cities are changing the names of streets (as outlined by Orwell) to Black Lives Matter.

Thanks to this violent movement, we had over 20 shootings on July 4th weekend, ending up in three deaths. While our police were running around like chickens with their heads cutoff with all the violence, the Mayor here had police guarding a mural on a main street 24/7. The picture? A BLM mural. After it was painted, somebody sprayed the thing with a can of paint. So the city government is actually spending taxpayer money to guard the graffiti.

The solution is easy. Quit pretending you know better than others what is offensive to them.

The problem is, everybody on the left is offended by something. Find me a leftist that's not offended by anything.

Correct, I do not. Only the left is allowed to.
The ones who decide are the ones affected by it.
In this case it is Natives.

And a small percentage of them at that. Here is an interview of pro and anti name change native Americans. The host asks the politically correct native how he feels about 90% of his people being against things like name changes. His reply? Oh, I talk to other native Americans, and they are all for these changes. I mean come on. This guy is going to argue against statistics to make his point?
Stats are irrelevant. Regardless, you don’t get to decide.
From what I have read here, you righties hate the NFL. Why do you care what a team chooses to name itself? How does a name change impact your life?
Seems to me you want to force teams to keep their racist name.

Not in to football, but I think redskins is kinda..tacky. How would players think of the name WhiteTrash, or Crackers but none were white?
Again i ask why we seem to are about things FOR other races?
Because when you look around and realize the milk toast world we live in does not actually have much in it that is truly offensive you have to be insulted on the behalf of others. That way you do not actually need a coherent argument.

Redskin - Wikipedia

And you think all this talk about changing the mascot didn't play a part? It's not just the Indians, not just baseball, but nearly every sport has taken some sort of political stance. People are now talking about boycotting Nascar. I could care less about a bunch of cars driving around in circles, but I do know Nascar fans. They would risk death to see a race.

Look at Facebook. People are forwarding posts like Kaepernick taking a social stance on how blacks are treated by police, but joined a religion that still has black slaves. Or how Leboob James became a warrior for social justice, but is making tens of millions representing a company that has their shoes made by slave labor in China.

What happens when entertainers take a social or political stance is, about a third of their fans don't care. They just want to see you throw a football, act a part in a movie, or play your guitar. About another third will support your stance. The last third is repulsed by it and quit supporting you or even your entire industry. It just makes zero sense.

You call it about politics (which I find sad). I call it about people.

By some measure I get it now. See PROGS poison everything and OMG if Redskin is so offensive I guess we better deliver them from another melt-down. If it weren't for rewarding bad behavior it's sure as FUCK worth it to hear them just STFU. The NFL is PROG corrupted to begin with, why do you think interest in NFL and NBA are on the decline? You know, Lebron James tells us the USA is fucked up, white privileged yackity yack while he's formally bent-over for a train of Chinese. Tells me all I need to know about PROG-athletics.

Anyway, some Redskin replacement names are being considered. I like the shit out of "Hogs", though I suppose we'd be insulting fat chicks which is why it's in 3rd place. The majority likes "Redtails" WTF is a Redtail? come out and say it so we're sure it's not offensive yet. The majority thinks Budweiser is the best beer too, and Dementia I mean Biden is best-suited for the most powerful position in the world.

What other name replacements would be good for the conversion of Redskins? Perhaps the Washington Snowflakes, though the Washington Recoils has a ring to it. At least we're not singling out someone's skin. Since we're not supposed to distinguish skin color, how about the Black National Anthem before games? And WTF is a black national anthem anyway, I thought black citizens were American Citizens, but PROGS says they're below or above it and must be segregated.

Does any know WTF PROGS are doing anymore, because they sure don't.
You're a pussy bitch; but as a lifelong fan I hope that a new name changes the embarrassing culture of the last few decades.

Wow, "pussy bitch" from some fricken loser that's offended by team names...go figure.

― George Orwell, 1984

The problem is, everybody on the left is offended by something. Find me a leftist that's not offended by anything.

You aren't offended by two men who want to live together and make it official?

You aren't offended by someone relaxing after work smoking a little grass?

You aren't offended by some guy that enjoys dressing up in traditionally women clothes?

Redskin - Wikipedia

I don't care what you call it. You'd have to be blind to say there is no politics behind it.

Redskin - Wikipedia

I don't care what you call it. You'd have to be blind to say there is no politics behind it.

Someone unfortunately tries and tie everything to politics. I find that sad.

― George Orwell, 1984

You aren't offended by two men who want to live together and make it official?

You aren't offended by someone relaxing after work smoking a little grass?

You aren't offended by some guy that enjoys dressing up in traditionally women clothes?

I'm not offended by anything unless they shove it in my face. The courts forcing states to accept gay marriage against the will of the people is as anti-American as it can get. That's for people to decide, not courts. Smoke all the weed you want, I could care less. Used to smoke plenty myself in a younger day. But don't expect us to support you when you have to work low wage jobs because better paying jobs drug test. Want to dress up like a dog or fire hydrant, I could care less. Just don't be getting into dressing rooms, bathrooms, or showers with my daughter or wife. Put a dress on and go visit another emotionally confused friend and use his bathroom.

Redskin - Wikipedia

On most all these issues, the left chooses the exact opposite side of the right. How can you say politics has no place in these matters? I'm not tying anything, it's just the way it is.

Redskin - Wikipedia

On most all these issues, the left chooses the exact opposite side of the right. How can you say politics has no place in these matters? I'm not tying anything, it's just the way it is.

And the other way around. Remember when the "right" was against deficits?

I didn't actually say politics have no place. I said I find it sad that so many have to make everything about politics.

This is about people.

Redtails is a reference to the Tuskegee airmen of WW2 because the tails of their P-51 Mustang fighters were painted red. As for the name they do realize they can’t just drop redskins they have to drop Washington as well as that is also the name of a man who owned slaves.

Redskin - Wikipedia

I didn't actually say politics have no place. I said I find it sad that so many have to make everything about politics.

This is about people.

This isn't all that hard to figure out:

Support police: left against--right for.
Kneeling at Anthem: right against--left for.
Protests and riots: right against--left for.
Defunding police: right against--left for.
Politically correct sports teams: right against--left for.

Redskin - Wikipedia

This is about people.

Yep, only libs seem to forget Obama adding over $9 Trillion to the debt.

Forum List

Back