Reality

We'll return to the racial wealth gap in a few days. But this is for all the whites here making ignorant comments about Africa. You racists know nothing about Walter Rodney, Frantz Fenon, John Henrik Clarke, or Dr. Frances Cress Welsing, just to name a few. And this choice to be ignorant leaves you misinformed. This thread is called reality and you are about to get a dose of it from the great Walter Rodney.

Walter Rodney And How Europe Underdeveloped Africa

The 15 Ways Europe Underdeveloped Africa

Population Decline
An emphasis on population loss as such is highly relevant to the question of socio-economic development…The massive loss to the African labour force was made more critical because it was composed of able-bodied young men and young women. Slave buyers preferred their victims between the ages of 15 and 35, and preferably in the early twenties; the sex ratio being about two men to one woman. Europeans often accepted younger African children, but rarely any older person.

Slavery carried away millions of the healthiest, youngest, strongest, and most productive Africans. Its hard to determine an exact number, but if we take the following statistics into account, we can start to see the impact that slavery had on Africa’s population.

slave-routes.jpg

• At best estimate, the population of the entire African continent was 100 million when the Maafa began
  • About 20 million slaves survived the Trans-Atlantic slave trade to arrive in the Americas.
  • About half of that population – 10 million did not survive the journey
  • About 10 million were either killed or worked to death on the African continent itself
Keep in mind that these numbers do not take into account the equally devastating Arab slave trade, or casualties of the thousands of conflicts detailed in other historical accounts.

The question can then be raised “How can any group develop its nation with more than half the population gone and the other half being sick, elderly, or weakened?”

Technological Arrest
When Europeans invaded the African continent, they put an end to the development of new technology. Instead, colonies were forced to use technologies and machinery that were produced in Europe. This led to technological arrest.

Africans neither had the means of production to build such technologies on their own, nor were they allowed to. With all available technology coming from the outside world, Africa’s ability to create its own technology was never realized.

Dr. Walter Rodney writes:

…To be held back at one stage [of technological advancement] means that it is impossible to go on to a further stage. When a person was forced to leave school after only two years of primary school education…he is academically and intellectually less developed than someone who had the opportunity to be schooled right through to university level. What Africa experienced in the early centuries of trade was precisely a loss of development opportunity, and this is of the greatest importance.

Dr. Rodney goes on to use the textile industry as an example. Whereas most nations advanced from hand made textiles to industrial mass production from the 1400s into the 1600s, Africa’s andvancement was aborted by the Europeans.

Partly by establishing a stranglehold on the distribution of cloth around the shores of Africa, and partly by swamping African products by importing cloth in bulk, European traders eventually succeeded in putting an end to the expansion of African cloth manufacture.

Over time, Africans forgot how to clothing by hand, and relied almost completely on European textiles.

Trade Imbalance
One of the common means by which one nation exploits another and one that is relevant to Africa’s external relations is exploitation through trade. When the terms of trade are set by one country in a manner entirely advantageous to itself, then the trade is usually detrimental to the trading partner.

As part of the trade imbalance that Europe forced on its colonies, African nations were forced to pay part of the cost of producing the items it traded to reduce prices for the buyer.

Dr. Walter Rodney describes how these trade imbalances led to the accumulation of white wealth at the expense of Black productivity.

These imbalances continue to this very day, with the European Union drafted Economic Partnership Agreements (EPAs) which are aimed at creating a free trade area between EU and the African, Caribbean and Pacific Group of States.

Don't be scurred. Read the rest.

panafricanalliancelogo.png

Last edited:
Whatever hostility I am supposed to have carried me to a masters degree, 32 years of work, 20 of those years at executive management level and helped build or restructure 3 organizations. It changed city polies to help provide equitable funding for all communities.
:21::auiqs.jpg::badgrin::clap::cuckoo::cul2::laugh::laughing0301::lmao::lol::laughing0301::laugh2::mm::sleeping-smiley-015::poop::sleeping-smiley-015::mm::laugh2::laughing0301::laugh::lmao::laughing0301::laugh::cul2::cuckoo::clap::badgrin::auiqs.jpg::21:
View attachment 268894 View attachment 268894 View attachment 268894 View attachment 268894 View attachment 268894 View attachment 268894 View attachment 268894 View attachment 268894

Because unlike whites such as you, I do not imagine being discriminated against.
Yeah, you are definitely unbiased, non-bigoted and not discriminating against white people everywhere simply because of their skin pigmentation!

Turd, you have CHANGED nothing, you DO nothing, all you've accomplished here and anywhere is to make others dislike you and other Blacks MORE with your selfish stupidity.

Your opinion means nothing. Shoo fly.

Whatever hostility I am supposed to have carried me to a masters degree, 32 years of work, 20 of those years at executive management level and helped build or restructure 3 organizations. It changed city polies to help provide equitable funding for all communities.
:21::auiqs.jpg::badgrin::clap::cuckoo::cul2::laugh::laughing0301::lmao::lol::laughing0301::laugh2::mm::sleeping-smiley-015::poop::sleeping-smiley-015::mm::laugh2::laughing0301::laugh::lmao::laughing0301::laugh::cul2::cuckoo::clap::badgrin::auiqs.jpg::21:
View attachment 268894 View attachment 268894 View attachment 268894 View attachment 268894 View attachment 268894 View attachment 268894 View attachment 268894 View attachment 268894

Because unlike whites such as you, I do not imagine being discriminated against.
Yeah, you are definitely unbiased, non-bigoted and not discriminating against white people everywhere simply because of their skin pigmentation!

Turd, you have CHANGED nothing, you DO nothing, all you've accomplished here and anywhere is to make others dislike you and other Blacks MORE with your selfish stupidity.

Obviously far more than yours. As usual, you run from anything which shines the light of truth on your racial witch-hunt for another free lunch. The Hodge Brothers got you nailed to a tee.

My name is IM2 and I wants my weperwations! :auiqs.jpg:

What, are you kidding me? You have more horse shit than a team of stallions! Who developed Europe? What ever happened to AFRICANS developing Africa? Don't you people take responsibility for ANYTHING? Someone done stuck a pin through your voodoo doll boy and done clogged up your brain!

Black and white racists are idiots?

What is black racism and why does it happen?

Are you going to justify racist black people?

Are you going to answer the question?

Because some people CHOOSE TO BE RACIST

So we have one person who can't honestly answer the question so far.
No one answers your sorry ass because you don't accept any answers. All that happens when ANYONE replies to your ignorant bullshit is that you simply spew more. lol

We'll return to the racial wealth gap in a few days. But this is for all the whites here making ignorant comments about Africa. You racists know nothing about Walter Rodney, Frantz Fenon, John Henrik Clarke, or Dr. Frances Cress Welsing, just to name a few. And this choice to be ignorant leaves you misinformed. This thread is called reality and you are about to get a dose of it from the great Walter Rodney.

Population Decline
An emphasis on population loss as such is highly relevant to the question of socio-economic development…The massive loss to the African labour force was made more critical because it was composed of able-bodied young men and young women. Slave buyers preferred their victims between the ages of 15 and 35, and preferably in the early twenties; the sex ratio being about two men to one woman. Europeans often accepted younger African children, but rarely any older person.

Slavery carried away millions of the healthiest, youngest, strongest, and most productive Africans. Its hard to determine an exact number, but if we take the following statistics into account, we can start to see the impact that slavery had on Africa’s population.

slave-routes.jpg

• At best estimate, the population of the entire African continent was 100 million when the Maafa began
  • About 20 million slaves survived the Trans-Atlantic slave trade to arrive in the Americas.
  • About 10 million were either killed or worked to death on the African continent itself
Keep in mind that these numbers do not take into account the equally devastating Arab slave trade, or casualties of the thousands of conflicts detailed in other historical accounts.

The question can then be raised “How can any group develop its nation with more than half the population gone and the other half being sick, elderly, or weakened?”

Technological Arrest
When Europeans invaded the African continent, they put an end to the development of new technology. Instead, colonies were forced to use technologies and machinery that were produced in Europe. This led to technological arrest.

Africans neither had the means of production to build such technologies on their own, nor were they allowed to. With all available technology coming from the outside world, Africa’s ability to create its own technology was never realized.

…To be held back at one stage [of technological advancement] means that it is impossible to go on to a further stage. When a person was forced to leave school after only two years of primary school education…he is academically and intellectually less developed than someone who had the opportunity to be schooled right through to university level. What Africa experienced in the early centuries of trade was precisely a loss of development opportunity, and this is of the greatest importance.

Dr. Rodney goes on to use the textile industry as an example. Whereas most nations advanced from hand made textiles to industrial mass production from the 1400s into the 1600s, Africa’s andvancement was aborted by the Europeans.

Partly by establishing a stranglehold on the distribution of cloth around the shores of Africa, and partly by swamping African products by importing cloth in bulk, European traders eventually succeeded in putting an end to the expansion of African cloth manufacture.

Over time, Africans forgot how to clothing by hand, and relied almost completely on European textiles.

Trade Imbalance
One of the common means by which one nation exploits another and one that is relevant to Africa’s external relations is exploitation through trade. When the terms of trade are set by one country in a manner entirely advantageous to itself, then the trade is usually detrimental to the trading partner.

As part of the trade imbalance that Europe forced on its colonies, African nations were forced to pay part of the cost of producing the items it traded to reduce prices for the buyer.

Dr. Walter Rodney describes how these trade imbalances led to the accumulation of white wealth at the expense of Black productivity.

These imbalances continue to this very day, with the European Union drafted Economic Partnership Agreements (EPAs) which are aimed at creating a free trade area between EU and the African, Caribbean and Pacific Group of States.

Sorry professor, if somebody in Africa was taken advantage of, they let themselves be taken. We had trade imbalances here and Trump said "screw it, we're leaving".

No one answers your sorry ass because you don't accept any answers. All that happens when ANYONE replies to your ignorant bullshit is that you simply spew more. lol
He is using race baiting from the sixties whether he knows it or not. The answer then and the answer now is hard but effective-if it wasn't for us whites helping you, you would still be in the fields.

But when you can show 400 years of laws and policy decisions by blacks purposefully done to deny whites of opportunity in America, then we can discuss black racism.

I can't show you that. I can tell you from experience though that anger will never help you find peace. You have reasons to be angry, but it's not going to help you. It's not easy to be the bigger person because the smaller ones will never take that high road, and it can seem unfair. I think you should forgive though. Also things are getting better for blacks. You see that right? It's not easy to change a culture. It takes time, and there is pain involved.

We've had a black president.

There are black people in congress and all throughout government.

There are influential black people everywhere you look in our culture, and it's becoming more and more so. Good is winning. Don't be pissed off because the fight is taking time. It was always going to be a gradual thing that spans generations. I'm quite proud of how far we've come.

But when you can show 400 years of laws and policy decisions by blacks purposefully done to deny whites of opportunity in America, then we can discuss black racism.

I can't show you that. I can tell you from experience though that anger will never help you find peace. You have reasons to be angry, but it's not going to help you. It's not easy to be the bigger person because the smaller ones will never take that high road, and it can seem unfair. I think you should forgive though. Also things are getting better for blacks. You see that right? It's not easy to change a culture. It takes time, and there is pain involved.

We've had a black president.

There are black people in congress and all throughout government.

There are influential black people everywhere you look in our culture, and it's becoming more and more so. Good is winning. Don't be pissed off because the fight is taking time. It was always going to be a gradual thing that spans generations. I'm quite proud of how far we've come.

And what I can tell you is that I am not taking advice on the way I am to handle the white racism that continues today almost 3 years after the black president who got no respect has been gone. I know where blacks are and what blacks do. And if you actually talked to 90 percent of them, they will tell you they are not satisfied and that we have not come close to ending the problem. I will be pissed off when I choose to be. Whites have not had to wait for a gradual change that spans generations for equality, nor should we. You should not be proud of this, you should be ashamed that we actually have to go through this.

Whites have not had to wait for a gradual change that spans generations for equality, nor should we. You should not be proud of this, you should be ashamed that we actually have to go through this.

It's a shame that it happened and it's a shame that it is still happening in some ways, but I am proud that it is changing.

You're right. It's not fair and it shouldn't be that way. There isn't a magic wand to fix it though. It's going to take time, and that is reality. It's not fair that millions of men, women and children are starving right now. It's outside our capability to just snap our fingers and change it though. The world and people do not work that way.

What you do have the power to change is yourself. Surely you don't believe you've come as far as you can spiritually and emotionally, right? You have a lot of anger inside of you, like many here do, and I'm not saying it isn't justified. That doesn't mean it's not still your enemy though.

tumblr_m3kbhuvalo1qzybrko1_500.jpg

He is using race baiting from the sixties whether he knows it or not. The answer then and the answer now is hard but effective-if it wasn't for us whites helping you, you would still be in the fields.
I'm not using race baiting from any time. Your answer is wrong.

Whites have not had to wait for a gradual change that spans generations for equality, nor should we. You should not be proud of this, you should be ashamed that we actually have to go through this.

It's a shame that it happened and it's a shame that it is still happening in some ways, but I am proud that it is changing.

You're right. It's not fair and it shouldn't be that way. There isn't a magic wand to fix it though. It's going to take time, and that is reality. It's not fair that millions of men, women and children are starving right now. It's outside our capability to just snap our fingers and change it though. The world and people do not work that way.

What you do have the power to change is yourself. Surely you don't believe you've come as far as you can spiritually and emotionally, right? You have a lot of anger inside of you, like many here do, and I'm not saying it isn't justified. That doesn't mean it's not still your enemy though.

tumblr_m3kbhuvalo1qzybrko1_500.jpg

Holding in anger creates stress, high blood pressure, strokes and heart attacks. I only get angry when somebody white has the nerve to tell me how I am not to be angry about racism I face while whites are angry about shit they have made up. We have been consistently disrespected by whites for 400 years and white tell us how it's wrong to be angry. Spare me and don't quote any more religious stuff to me unless its about white repentance.

Population Decline

slave-routes.jpg

Technological Arrest

Trade Imbalance

Sorry professor, if somebody in Africa was taken advantage of, they let themselves be taken. We had trade imbalances here and Trump said "screw it, we're leaving".

The professor is correct. Using Trump as an example shows you are without a clue.

Black and white racists are idiots?

Nope. But when you can show 400 years of laws and policy decisions by blacks purposefully done to deny whites of opportunity in America, then we can discuss black racism.
We can discuss it any time we want. We have that privilege.
'
You won't be discussing it with me until you can show 400 years of laws and policy decisions by blacks purposefully done to deny whites of opportunity in America.

Obviously far more than yours. As usual, you run from anything which shines the light of truth on your racial witch-hunt for another free lunch. The Hodge Brothers got you nailed to a tee.

My name is IM2 and I wants my weperwations! :auiqs.jpg:

You show me what credentials these two have besides a webcam and perhaps I'll think about what they say.

Because I'm sure not concerned about a descendant of freeloaders and recipients of government free stuff like you.

I'm not using race baiting from any time. Your answer is wrong.
Nice try-we are on to you. Or if not, don't bring up race again.

Forum List

Back