Should I Accept the Invitation?

Asclepias

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2013
Breathing rarified air.
I just got an email that a white relative wants to contact me on one of the DNA sites. When I looked at where the common ancestor was it was during the time of slavery. No doubt this white ancestor raped one of my Black ancestors. I wonder what this relative wants? Should I do it?

lala.png

Last edited:
I just got an email that a white relative wants to contact me on one of the DNA sites. When I looked at where the common ancestor was it was during the time of slavery. No doubt this white ancestor raped one of my Black ancestors. I wonder what this relative wants? Should I do it?

You should go tazer yourself.

Lol! Total bullshit.
---------------------------------- yeah , i'd say so Mike .

Lol! Total bullshit.
Everything he says is total bullshit.

Lol! Total bullshit.
You stole my thunder....;)

Lol! Total bullshit.
You stole my thunder....;)
Sorry, I just couldn't resist. lol

Lol! Total bullshit.
------------------------- pretty much agree !!

View attachment 267785

Probably wants to mail you your reparations check.

View attachment 267785

Its just one person and she is really old looking. I dont think she could afford it. I'm just really curious as to what she wants.

View attachment 267785

Its just one person and she is really old looking. I dont think she could afford it. I'm just really curious as to what she wants.

Maybe she's building a family tree and wants to see where you'd fit in?
Don't read a lot into it.

View attachment 267785

It shows you on the site where I would fit in. Thats not the reason.

View attachment 267785

Does not make much sense. How do you know the relation is white and your common ancestor without taking the DNA test first?

If you already know your family tree, it would be a waste of money.

View attachment 267785

It shows you on the site where I would fit in. Thats not the reason.

My wife contacted several distant cousins.
They exchanged old family photos.

This is one of the situations in which I don't know what to say. She might be someone searching earnestly for her relatives and aims to be a good person. From the little you have said, she sounds okay. But be careful!

View attachment 267785

Does not make much sense. How do you know the relation is white and your common ancestor without taking the DNA test first?

Not really sure what you mean? Its a DNA site and we both took a DNA test which shows we are related. The site gives you the chance to contact people that are related to you.

View attachment 267785

If you are SURE it's not some spam or phishing attempt
to get your personal email or accounts compromised,
as long as there is a SAFE WAY to communicate,
I'd say go for it. The more knowledge, the better.

The worst you'd do is reveal a fraudulent attempt
to phish, which is better off discovered and reported SOONER.

At best you might find there are traceable family lines
between white families and/or slave owners and
black family lines. So this can help with the research
to measure the extent and impact of slavery on families.

The Mormons have been investing in research to track
lineages because of the importance of genealogy in itself.

It could also be a dead end where it turns out there is
no relation. But at least you'd know. And it's always
good to meet new people so both your worlds grow bigger.

You would be a great person for someone to meet
in order to gain a whole different perspective on life
and culture. The benefits are greater and make it worth trying.

View attachment 267785

Not really sure what you mean? Its a DNA site and we both took a DNA test which shows we are related. The site gives you the chance to contact people that are related to you.

I have never used a DNA site before. They tell you the other person is white?

Seems weird.

View attachment 267785

Seems weird.
No. She has picture on her account.

View attachment 267785

Seems weird.
No. She has picture on her account.

So she can see you?

Well, you signed up for this adventure. Go do lunch or something.

Forum List

Back