Zone1 Real Estate Brokerages Considering Changing Name Of The Master Bedroom

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
Real Estate Brokerages are beginning to bend to the will of the woke left by changing the name of the master bedroom.

The favorite name they suggest is 'Primary Bedroom' so as not to offend folks who like to insert racism in everything.
All of that CRT training is beginning to pay dividends.

Course....this is just another opportunity for the left to point fingers and cause hate and division.

Last edited:
I always thought that Master Bedroom was very appropriate.

bondage-dungeon-etiquette.jpg

:muahaha:

7/2/2020.

Where has this gone in the last 2 plus years?

Because "Male Patriarch's Pleasure Chamber" won't fit on the brochure?

main-qimg-8d88b67cc439cac429a3bb71b603a21d-lq.jpg

When I was young, and we actually mailed letters, you addressed the envelope to Miss Susan Jones and Master Robert Jones (when addressing a child or teen). I guess that’s a big no-no these days, eh?

When I was young, and we actually mailed letters, you addressed the envelope to Miss Susan Jones and Master Robert Jones (when addressing a child or teen). I guess that’s a big no-no these days, eh?

Everything is a big no-no these days. There's not point arguing or bemoaning it. Just shake your head, say, "Tsk-tsk", and know that your feelings of superiority are completely justified.

smug-smile.jpg

Everything is a big no-no these days. There's not point arguing or bemoaning it. Just shake your head, say, "Tsk-tsk", and know that your feelings of superiority are completely justified.

View attachment 731669
Not sure if you’re being facetious, but I AM superior to most of these woke crazies with no manners.

Not sure if you’re being facetious, but I AM superior to most of these woke crazies with no manners.

Not at all. My feelings of superiority are reinforced on a daily basis ... particularly work days.

No one can blame me for having feelings of superiority when they insist on confronting me with an endless parade of inferior specimens.

The real estate "industry" is very sensitive to subtle messaging. A recent trend here is "New Price!"

They used to say, "Reduced price." Well, if it's a new price it sure a hell isn't an INCREASED price, of course its lower than it was before. But if they say "new price" it doesn't have the negative connotation of reduced price.

Master Bedroom....bad...Primary Bedroom....good.

Real Estate Brokerages are beginning to bend to the will of the woke left by changing the name of the master bedroom.

The favorite name they suggest is 'Primary Bedroom' so as not to offend folks who like to insert racism in everything.
All of that CRT training is beginning to pay dividends.

Course....this is just another opportunity for the left to point fingers and cause hate and division.

PC has gone overboard

This has come around before, about 30 years. I was very active as an instructor and speaker for our local, state, and National Association of Realtors.

I don't remember who but a group was pressuring HUD to forbid certain words and terms used in advertising. The Master bedroom was one, walk-in closet was another. Offending someone in a wheelchair. Scenic vista, view, or whatever, yep, the blind. Santa Clause was one, the people who did not celebrate Christmas.

The list had about 30 terms they wanted to be classified as "trigger words". I guess that there was more common sense in those days. HUD distributed a letter to all parties with an interest saying that they had reviewed the list and did not find them offensive and they could continue to be used in the real estate industry.

IF it comes to pass I am certain that it will have the same grand effect on racism that removing Aunt Jemima from bottles of the syrup has had.

Halleluja, our problems are solved! :D

Forum List

Back