Reagan's Childhood Home Being Demolished

ussronaldreagan004.gif

USS Ronald Reagan, So Glorious...:eusa_angel:

Hey now, lets leave the hero worship to the liberals.

marx_engels_lenin_stalin.jpg

080704-obama-che-t-shirt9.jpg

Must rally chap your butt that your BETTER is President and he was elected twice!!:clap2::clap2:
Wow, somebody really washed your brain clean of original thought for you.

Hardly a "childhood home". It was an apartment building in Chicago where the future president lived for a year.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

See??

Here's a reasonable Conservative who recognizes that's there's nothing at all to this.

Hardly a "childhood home". It was an apartment building in Chicago where the future president lived for a year.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

See??

Here's a reasonable Conservative who recognizes that's there's nothing at all to this.

They will be thoroughly trashed by the right wing trolls for not considering such a place a sacred shrine to the all holy Reagan.

In Buffalo New York in 1956 they demolished the Milburn House where President McKinley died after being shot in order to add a parking lot to a local High School. Time marches on and I'm sure a simple historical marker will suffice.

Liberals and commies (like the ones on this board) would love to erase the memory of Ronald Reagan from the minds of Americans. This is just one example of their disrespect. You'll never see them demolish a former home of Obama's (even in Kenya or Indonesia).

Actually, the problem is, I'm not sure which Reagan you are talking about.

There's the Mythical Ronald Reagan who never comprimised with democrats, and hated gays and Mexicans, just like Jesus did. He never cut taxes, and never made deals.

Then there's the real Ronald Reagan, who...

Gave 3 million Mexican illegal immigrants Amnesty.
Was good friends with Rock Hudson.
Made a deal with Tip O'Neill to save Social Security.
Raised taxes after he cut them.
Appointed moderate justices to the Supreme Court.
Rarely went to Church and probably considered it a load of bullochs.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

See??

They will be thoroughly trashed by the right wing trolls for not considering such a place a sacred shrine to the all holy Reagan.
I'm just wondering whether your hatred for Reagan is because you're a welfare-sucking communist or because you can't stand the fact that he is loved and admired more than you or any of your communist friends on this board (or Obama) could ever hope to be. Which is it?

So who is responsible for bearing the financial responsibility of preserving Ronald Reagan's childhood home?

If enough people want to preserve it, then they can raise the money to preserve it.

Really, it's a dumb thread, since it wasn't even a "home" per se, but an apartment where he lived for ONE YEAR as a child. The point of the responses shouldn't be a about the worthiness of preservation, but the stupidity of the OP.

To be fair, the gop media stirs this story up whenever there's anything happening. The univ of chi has six square blocks of old slums they're leveling for more buildings and campus. They're gonna put a placque up for the Gipper. It's not a single family type home that can be gentrified.

It's just another "Oh my, we are victims." The irony being of course that the Univ of Chi is the home of Reagan's beloved economic market theories, and there just ain't no market for rundown rooming houses gone slum.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYNK8A_bXwA]Johnny Cash - Dirty Old Egg Sucking Dog - YouTube[/ame]
After reading yo bio I couldn't resist​

Last edited:
As a Preservationist, I can see merit in retaining this early 20th century structure. For its architectural significance.

But simply because Reagan lived here from age 2-3?

Nah.

Forum List

Back