Reagan's Childhood Home Being Demolished

Does this sound like a slap in the face to the memory of Ronald Reagan? Would this building be torn down if it was the childhood home of FDR?

Reagan's REAL boyhood home in Dixon, IL has been preserved and is, in fact, on the US National Register of Historic Places and has been for over a decade. Or didn't you know that?

Ronald Reagan Boyhood Home - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Or is America supposed to honor every domicile where Reagan sat on a toilet?

Like "Washington slept here", but "Reagan shat here"! :D

I suppose even Jesus had to take the occasional dump.

Despite persistent rumors, university officials have repeatedly said the site will not be used for a Barack Obama presidential library.

Read more: Ronald Reagan's boyhood home reportedly demolished | Fox News

Does this sound like a slap in the face to the memory of Ronald Reagan? Would this building be torn down if it was the childhood home of FDR?

Why haven't Reagan worshippers bought the place and turned it into a museum?
All of a sudden you're a capitalist?

r-RONALD-REAGAN-BOYHOOD-HOME-CHICAGO-large570.jpg

So sad...

ussronaldreagan004.gif

USS Ronald Reagan, So Glorious...:eusa_angel:

Hey now, lets leave the hero worship to the liberals.

marx_engels_lenin_stalin.jpg

080704-obama-che-t-shirt9.jpg

Must rally chap your butt that your BETTER is President and he was elected twice!!:clap2::clap2:

Despite persistent rumors, university officials have repeatedly said the site will not be used for a Barack Obama presidential library.

He lived there for a year as a toddler. What's the big deal? Are you willing for the government to spend the money to preserve every, single, solitary house every President in history lived in, no matter how briefly?

For instance, Reagan's former home in Pacific Palisades, CA is currently for sale. The asking price is $5 million. You want the tax payers to buy it too?

I'm pretty sure his old childhood home in Dixon is still intact and still a memorial, too.

Reagan's REAL boyhood home in Dixon, IL has been preserved and is, in fact, on the US National Register of Historic Places and has been for over a decade. Or didn't you know that?

Ronald Reagan Boyhood Home - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Or is America supposed to honor every domicile where Reagan sat on a toilet?

Should have read more of the thread, since you beat me to this.

And yeah, I think these nutbags would very much like to preserve every outhouse St. Ronnie might have dropped a stool in if they could. This is the reason for their constant "Messiah" thing they accuse of Libs of having with the current POTUS: projection.

:D

Don't worry, Reagan will live on in our memories.

reagan_taliban_1985.jpg

Is that the meeting where he gave them the explosives to blow up those statues? :wink_2:
The difference is that Reagan's support was BEFORE they became our enemy. Obama sends billions to the Muslim Brotherhood KNOWING they are aligned with Al Qaeda.

Reagan created the taliban. If it wasn't for him, 9/11 likely never would have happened.

Though let's all be good GOP sheep and not care that he created a terrorist organization, rather throw a pissy fit that the abandoned house he lived in for 1 year almost 90 years ago was torn down and not turned into a shrine :cuckoo:

Last edited:
They remind me of the Taliban blowing up the Buddah statues. Same mentality, wanting to destroy everything they don't like.

You're a dumbass, sir.

:)
Coming from the likes of you, that's a compliment.

Take it as you wish, sir, but for the reasons I and everyone else have already spelled out for you, you're a fuckin' idiot.

Carry on with your dumb self...:)

You're a dumbass, sir.

:)

Take it as you wish, sir, but for the reasons I and everyone else have already spelled out for you, you're a fuckin' idiot.

I know you'd like nothing better than for me to engage you in your monkey-like shit slinging, but there's not much point in lowering myself to your standards.

I know you'd like nothing better than for me to engage you in your monkey-like shit slinging, but there's not much point in lowering myself to your standards.

You already did by starting this idiotic thread.

I hear Democrats are saving Lewinski's "Blue Dress" for possible cloning experiments..

So who is responsible for bearing the financial responsibility of preserving Ronald Reagan's childhood home?

If enough people want to preserve it, then they can raise the money to preserve it.

So who is responsible for bearing the financial responsibility of preserving Ronald Reagan's childhood home?

If enough people want to preserve it, then they can raise the money to preserve it.

Really, it's a dumb thread, since it wasn't even a "home" per se, but an apartment where he lived for ONE YEAR as a child. The point of the responses shouldn't be a about the worthiness of preservation, but the stupidity of the OP.

Really, it's a dumb thread, since it wasn't even a "home" per se, but an apartment where he lived for ONE YEAR as a child. The point of the responses shouldn't be a about the worthiness of preservation, but the stupidity of the OP.

To be fair, the gop media stirs this story up whenever there's anything happening. The univ of chi has six square blocks of old slums they're leveling for more buildings and campus. They're gonna put a placque up for the Gipper. It's not a single family type home that can be gentrified.

It's just another "Oh my, we are victims." The irony being of course that the Univ of Chi is the home of Reagan's beloved economic market theories, and there just ain't no market for rundown rooming houses gone slum.

Don't worry, Reagan will live on in our memories.

reagan_taliban_1985.jpg

Is that the meeting where he gave them the explosives to blow up those statues? :wink_2:
The difference is that Reagan's support was BEFORE they became our enemy. Obama sends billions to the Muslim Brotherhood KNOWING they are aligned with Al Qaeda.
And why did they become our enemy? One significant reason is that Reagan failed to live up to the US's promises to the mujaheddin. The early foundations of al-Qaida were built in part on relationships and weaponry that came from the billions of dollars in U.S. support, clearly another example of the US sticking it's nose where it didn't belong.

Had the US not supported the mujaheddin, the Russians might have been successful and Al Qaede would not have had the support it needed to grow into a worldwide terrorist organization.

Sure, but if enough people think it is worthy of preserving, then have at it.

But don't gripe and whine if they don't. Maybe OP can donate a chunk to get the ball rolling if he feels that strongly ...

Forum List

Back