Rand Paul: Right-to-work laws 'would be great for the country'...will introduce legislation on that this week!

Curse them good union wages.
By the 1970’s unions had become their own worst enemy

lazy and incompetent workers were driving big corporations crazy

so the unions boasted high wages till the factory closed and moved to china
Yes the republican war on unions helped push lots of jobs to China.
no, unions, by artificially exploding the cost of labor drove jobs overseas
Funny.
Not really..
The war on unions made it acceptable to buy foreign.

Big Labor is by no means faultless at all, listen to how the union bosses earn a tremendous living off the backs of the working men on the docks.

While also increasing wages for many. Where is the promised prosperity when unions were gone? Repubs don’t talk about that anymore.

The Republicans didn't "get rid of unions" or promise a damned thing in that regards. The God Given Right to Work merely insures that people won't be denied jobs because they don't want to pay tribute to Big Labor bosses.

I have no problem with unions, just compulsory membership enforced by the State. If business agents hanging at the Italian Club want to pressure someone to pay up dues, that's one thing that you can't do much about. But giving these goombas the actual Legal authority to extort the workers, that's a bridge too far.

They made lots of claims. Didn’t come true...

Funny.
Not really..

Big Labor is by no means faultless at all, listen to how the union bosses earn a tremendous living off the backs of the working men on the docks.

While also increasing wages for many. Where is the promised prosperity when unions were gone? Repubs don’t talk about that anymore.

Unions increase wages for the few, their members, while driving non-members out. That's the entire point of a Union.

As far as your second comment/question....what do you mean? When have Unions been "gone" they aren't....they still exist. Maybe give me a time frame...there are, admittedly, a lot less, but mainly because people don't need them much anymore

More unions, more increased wages.

Our lack of wage growth, slow economy and growing inequality says they are needed.

Funny.
Not really..
not really....they just made a more affordable product. Nobody is going to buy a car for 10000, when you can get one for 5000, simply because they support Unions.
Not when repubs are telling everyone unions are lazy and overpaid.
I don't have to be a Republican to tell you that Toyota, Kia, Nissan etc were making better, longer lasting cars then GMC was making....at a cheaper price. That was obvious.

People don't go to a car dealership, or the store and think....oh let me not buy this or let me buy this because of a Union! They look at the price

Funny.
Not really..
not really....they just made a more affordable product. Nobody is going to buy a car for 10000, when you can get one for 5000, simply because they support Unions.
I don't have to be a Republican to tell you that Toyota, Kia, Nissan etc were making better, longer lasting cars then GMC was making....at a cheaper price. That was obvious.

People don't go to a car dealership, or the store and think....oh let me not buy this or let me buy this because of a Union! They look at the price
That certainly wasn’t the unions fault. But cars are not the only product. Much left here when it became ok to buy imports.

Funny.
Not really..

Unions increase wages for the few, their members, while driving non-members out. That's the entire point of a Union.

As far as your second comment/question....what do you mean? When have Unions been "gone" they aren't....they still exist. Maybe give me a time frame...there are, admittedly, a lot less, but mainly because people don't need them much anymore

Our lack of wage growth, slow economy and growing inequality says they are needed.

Well no, that's happening because of Covid and Covid shut downs, not unions or the lack there of.

Prior to Covid, we saw real wage growth, and a booming economy.

Funny.
Not really..

That certainly wasn’t the unions fault. But cars are not the only product. Much left here when it became ok to buy imports.
um, ok....maybe not the Unions, but their members making the vehicles. The Unions just drove up the cost of labor as I already said.

Why would't it be ok to buy an import? When wasn't it ok? Especially if it's cheaper and better quality. Why should American consumers be held hostage by Unions and only buy their products and services?

Funny.
Not really..

Well no, that's happening because of Covid and Covid shut downs, not unions or the lack there of.

You have some imagination. We saw weak wage growth driven by lots of min wage increases.

Funny.
Not really..

um, ok....maybe not the Unions, but their members making the vehicles. The Unions just drove up the cost of labor as I already said.

Why would't it be ok to buy an import? When wasn't it ok? Especially if it's cheaper and better quality. Why should American consumers be held hostage by Unions and only buy their products and services?
Union made cars are priced the same as non union cars now. Heck many non union more expensive.

Funny.
Not really..

You have some imagination. We saw weak wage growth driven by lots of min wage increases.

I agree, prior to the last admin for roughtly 40 years we saw weak growth, but as the evidence I provided shows, we saw real gains before Covid. The data I provided in the links proves that.

Funny.
Not really..

I agree, prior to the last admin for roughtly 40 years we saw weak growth, but as the evidence I provided shows, we saw real gains before Covid. The data I provided in the links proves that.

The data is weak and was fueled by min wage hikes.

Funny.
Not really..

Union made cars are priced the same as non union cars now. Heck many non union more expensive.
yeah, well maybe that's why Ford and Chevy was forced to stop producing sedans and passenger cars,

They can't compete....

Funny.
Not really..

That's just bullshit. The 1920's were a nadir in American unionism, and incomes were booming.

OTOH, after prohibition was repealed and the wise guys got into labor racketeering and union membership soared, the 1930's were slim pickings for jobs.

Funny.
Not really..

Scab cars like Honda and Toyota have it all over UAW vehicles. At least in the opinion of the consumers.

Funny.
Not really..

why is it weak? do you have some evidence to support you claim it had anything to do with min wage hikes?

In Oregon, who did increase their min wage, UE skyrocketed....despite that, we still saw real wage increases nationally prior to Covid

there's something called DEMOCRACY. someone remind Rand!

Thank goodness it won't go far.

So called "right to work" laws totally screw the workers of our nation.
Can you provide an alternative, besides states that force people to join a Union before they can work. That seems to screw workers too....since they will have to be forced to pay dues to something they may or may not want to be a member of.

Funny.
Not really..

why is it weak? do you have some evidence to support you claim it had anything to do with min wage hikes?

In Oregon, who did increase their min wage, UE skyrocketed....despite that, we still saw real wage increases nationally prior to Covid

It’s weak because the gains were weak and fueled by min wage increases.

there's something called DEMOCRACY. someone remind Rand!

Thank goodness it won't go far.

So called "right to work" laws totally screw the workers of our nation.

The only "workers" it helps are those working as Business Agents and Organizers, as well as the bar maids at the local Italian Clubs to whom the union dues trickle down to.

Funny.
Not really..

It’s weak because the gains were weak and fueled by min wage increases.

As I highlighted the places with big min wage increases, saw more UE......your claim was debunked by actual data yet again

The gains weren't great, but the best they had been in over 40 years....

Unions have outlived their usefulness .
Our weak wage growth disagrees with you.
So you want your merit raises to be figured commutatively instead of being based on your merit instead of the groups merit?
Sure worked better for wages. Wage growth has been weak with the decline in unions.
only greedy people worry about the money,,
Ya,go work for freethen ass hole. The billionaires should have no problem giving their money away till they are middle class or poor.

Forum List

Back