Rand Paul: Right-to-work laws 'would be great for the country'...will introduce legislation on that this week!

Unions have outlived their usefulness .
Our weak wage growth disagrees with you.
So you want your merit raises to be figured commutatively instead of being based on your merit instead of the groups merit?
Sure worked better for wages. Wage growth has been weak with the decline in unions.
only greedy people worry about the money,,
Ya,go work for freethen ass hole. The billionaires should have no problem giving their money away till they are middle class or poor.

that would be pretty stupid,,
I figure I would see what they want to pay and decide from there,, if I took the job I would do my best to give them their moneys worth and hopefully perform in a manor they would want to pay me more for,,,

if not its a free country and I can move on,,
So you are one of those greedy people. Ya me too.

how so?? I dont ask for what I'm not worth,,,
You said only greedy people care about money yet you say money is part of the decision on weather or not to take the job. So that makes you one of the greedy people. Ok for you to decide what you are worth but no one else I get it.

I focus on the work and the money will follow,,,

greed is pay "me more and maybe I will work harder"

and where did I say I decided what I was worth?? I clearly said my ability to do the job determines what I'm worth,,,
I can tell this is going to go in circles. In your mind you have an amount you think you are worth. You will not work for less right?
?

whats the job???
What job are you worth the most for?

sex,,,
Ya, how much have you earned doing that job? Also illegal to charge for unless in certain parts of Nevada.

who said I charged for it??

you asked what job was worth the most to me,,

I would love to make 1K a pop for sex,,,

youre running in circles is counter productive,,

heres how it works,,
I apply for a job at a trash company and they say they will pay me 7.00 an hr to come in at 3 in the morning and start the trucks in the winter,, cause its cold and trucks dont start that good in the cold,,

I told them no thank you and went about my way and someone willing to do it for that amount stepped up and took the job,,,
So 7 dollars an hour was not enough. In other words you were worried about the money. In your own words " If you are worried about money that makes you greedy".

So you want your merit raises to be figured commutatively instead of being based on your merit instead of the groups merit?
Sure worked better for wages. Wage growth has been weak with the decline in unions.
Ya,go work for freethen ass hole. The billionaires should have no problem giving their money away till they are middle class or poor.

I figure I would see what they want to pay and decide from there,, if I took the job I would do my best to give them their moneys worth and hopefully perform in a manor they would want to pay me more for,,,

You said only greedy people care about money yet you say money is part of the decision on weather or not to take the job. So that makes you one of the greedy people. Ok for you to decide what you are worth but no one else I get it.

and where did I say I decided what I was worth?? I clearly said my ability to do the job determines what I'm worth,,,
I can tell this is going to go in circles. In your mind you have an amount you think you are worth. You will not work for less right?
?

whats the job???

sex,,,
Ya, how much have you earned doing that job? Also illegal to charge for unless in certain parts of Nevada.

heres how it works,,
I apply for a job at a trash company and they say they will pay me 7.00 an hr to come in at 3 in the morning and start the trucks in the winter,, cause its cold and trucks dont start that good in the cold,,

I told them no thank you and went about my way and someone willing to do it for that amount stepped up and took the job,,,
So 7 dollars an hour was not enough. In other words you were worried about the money. In your own words " If you are worried about money that makes you greedy".

the problem was the cold weather at 3 in the morning,, I knew that if that worked out they would move me to the garage and work on the trucks for a lot more money,,

my last job I ever applied for that I accepted was to build and repair boat docks at the lake of the ozarks and it only paid 9 an hr but I had the choice to stay in the shop and build new docks or go out on the water and repair them,, I took the water and would have done it for less,,
this was 23 yrs ago,,,

so NO the money wasnt the deciding factor but was part of it,,

?

whats the job???

sex,,,

heres how it works,,

the problem was the cold weather at 3 in the morning,, I knew that if that worked out they would move me to the garage and work on the trucks for a lot more money,,

my last job I ever applied for that I accepted was to build and repair boat docks at the lake of the ozarks and it only paid 9 an hr but I had the choice to stay in the shop and build new docks or go out on the water and repair them,, I took the water and would have done it for less,,
this was 23 yrs ago,,,

I personally do not think you sound greedy but by your original definition you would be. It is my belief you can require a fair wage and good working conditions with out being greedy. You realize if you have worked on boats while they were on the water for 20 some years you can likely pay 1000 bucks for school and get your captains license?

?

whats the job???

sex,,,

heres how it works,,

this was 23 yrs ago,,,

I personally do not think you sound greedy but by your original definition you would be. It is my belief you can require a fair wage and good working conditions with out being greedy. You realize if you have worked on boats while they were on the water for 20 some years you can likely pay 1000 bucks for school and get your captains license?

where did I say I worked on boats???

and whats a fair wage???

funny story about the boat docks story,,

that same day I also applied at a place in camdenton mo. that built fire trucks, they had plans to dbl their shop size and hire new people in a few months,, the construction had already started,,
they were concerned my experience wasnt enough so I offered to work for a week for food and gas money and if they didnt like me I would move along,,

took the boat dock job two days later

Curse them good union wages.
By the 1970’s unions had become their own worst enemy

lazy and incompetent workers were driving big corporations crazy

so the unions boasted high wages till the factory closed and moved to china
Yes the republican war on unions helped push lots of jobs to China.
no, unions, by artificially exploding the cost of labor drove jobs overseas
Funny.
Not really..
The war on unions made it acceptable to buy foreign.

Big Labor is by no means faultless at all, listen to how the union bosses earn a tremendous living off the backs of the working men on the docks.

While also increasing wages for many. Where is the promised prosperity when unions were gone? Repubs don’t talk about that anymore.

Unions increase wages for the few, their members, while driving non-members out. That's the entire point of a Union.

As far as your second comment/question....what do you mean? When have Unions been "gone" they aren't....they still exist. Maybe give me a time frame...there are, admittedly, a lot less, but mainly because people don't need them much anymore

More unions, more increased wages.

Our lack of wage growth, slow economy and growing inequality says they are needed.

Well no, that's happening because of Covid and Covid shut downs, not unions or the lack there of.

Prior to Covid, we saw real wage growth, and a booming economy.

You have some imagination. We saw weak wage growth driven by lots of min wage increases.

I agree, prior to the last admin for roughtly 40 years we saw weak growth, but as the evidence I provided shows, we saw real gains before Covid. The data I provided in the links proves that.

The data is weak and was fueled by min wage hikes.

why is it weak? do you have some evidence to support you claim it had anything to do with min wage hikes?

In Oregon, who did increase their min wage, UE skyrocketed....despite that, we still saw real wage increases nationally prior to Covid

It’s weak because the gains were weak and fueled by min wage increases.

As I highlighted the places with big min wage increases, saw more UE......your claim was debunked by actual data yet again

The gains weren't great, but the best they had been in over 40 years....

Your arguing that lots of min wage increases didn’t increase wages? That is funny. What’s your best data that wages were good?

There weren't "lots of min wage increases" - there were some, that as we saw in Oregon drove up UE.

I've provided the data in my prior post, there are links...go a head and read it. Moreover, we are talking about REAL wage increases, min wage increases won't impact that, that's nominal wage increases. Under Trump we saw for the first time in nearly forty years REAL wage increases.

You don’t have a piece of data to share? Why would I have to read through yiur garbage links? Give your best data.

I already did....repeatedly, I am sorry you don't understand them, or apparently don't even want to read to educate yourself, but then again....you are a guy that doesn't know the difference between Real Wages, and Nominal Wages, and are out here trying to have a discussion about the topic....so I can't say I'm surprised

So you can't give a real stat? That's very telling. You posted a bunch of garbage links. Just tell me what the wage growth was and compare it to say 1990.

Funny.
Not really..

Big Labor is by no means faultless at all, listen to how the union bosses earn a tremendous living off the backs of the working men on the docks.

While also increasing wages for many. Where is the promised prosperity when unions were gone? Repubs don’t talk about that anymore.

Unions increase wages for the few, their members, while driving non-members out. That's the entire point of a Union.

As far as your second comment/question....what do you mean? When have Unions been "gone" they aren't....they still exist. Maybe give me a time frame...there are, admittedly, a lot less, but mainly because people don't need them much anymore

Our lack of wage growth, slow economy and growing inequality says they are needed.

Well no, that's happening because of Covid and Covid shut downs, not unions or the lack there of.

You have some imagination. We saw weak wage growth driven by lots of min wage increases.

I agree, prior to the last admin for roughtly 40 years we saw weak growth, but as the evidence I provided shows, we saw real gains before Covid. The data I provided in the links proves that.

why is it weak? do you have some evidence to support you claim it had anything to do with min wage hikes?

In Oregon, who did increase their min wage, UE skyrocketed....despite that, we still saw real wage increases nationally prior to Covid

As I highlighted the places with big min wage increases, saw more UE......your claim was debunked by actual data yet again

Your arguing that lots of min wage increases didn’t increase wages? That is funny. What’s your best data that wages were good?

There weren't "lots of min wage increases" - there were some, that as we saw in Oregon drove up UE.

I've provided the data in my prior post, there are links...go a head and read it. Moreover, we are talking about REAL wage increases, min wage increases won't impact that, that's nominal wage increases. Under Trump we saw for the first time in nearly forty years REAL wage increases.

You don’t have a piece of data to share? Why would I have to read through yiur garbage links? Give your best data.

I already did....repeatedly, I am sorry you don't understand them, or apparently don't even want to read to educate yourself, but then again....you are a guy that doesn't know the difference between Real Wages, and Nominal Wages, and are out here trying to have a discussion about the topic....so I can't say I'm surprised

Real pay data show Trump's 'blue collar boom' is more of a bust for US workers, in 3 charts (theconversation.com)

there's something called DEMOCRACY. someone remind Rand!
From personal experience the Right To Work is the right to be fired at a moment's notice because they just brought in a non-English speaking Business Visa at $15.00/hour.
I know dozens of people who have been interviewed in excess of 20 hours and hired just to be fired within a week because they literally hired someone else at .25cents an hour less.
I'm talking professionals, not Blue Collar positions.

Funny.
Not really..

So you can't give a real stat? That's very telling. You posted a bunch of garbage links. Just tell me what the wage growth was and compare it to say 1990.

I posted the stats....

Funny.
Not really..

Real wages, in some locales, are not real wages.
In NY or NJ, one can easily be replaced by a Business Visa.

Funny.
Not really..

I posted the stats....

Yet you can't just type one. Sure. I'll wait till you have the stat to share.

Funny.
Not really..

Real pay data show Trump's 'blue collar boom' is more of a bust for US workers, in 3 charts (theconversation.com)

Well, you at least are looking at the difference between nominal and REAL.......your link really further highlights hy your theory about min wage increases is debunked once again....

but the links I provided earlier discuss REAL wages and how they grew

Funny.
Not really..

I agree with the observation, but now we have a different administration.

Funny.
Not really..

Well, you at least are looking at the difference between nominal and REAL.......your link really further highlights hy your theory about min wage increases is debunked once again....

The stats you don't seem to know and won't repeat?

Funny.
Not really..

The stats you don't seem to know and won't repeat?

Stats are just rolled up numbers that cannot be applied to every city in the US.

Guy says there weren't many min wage increases. That's funny:
The minimum wage increased in 23 states and the District of Columbia in 2019

Gee wonder why wages had a slight uptick...

That's bullshit. Wages are no higher in Ohio, where the minimum wage is $8.55 compared to Pennsylvania where the legal minimum is $7.25

That's bullshit. Wages are no higher in Ohio, where the minimum wage is $8.55 compared to Pennsylvania where the legal minimum is $7.25
The min wage sure is higher. Are you claiming nobody in those states are working for min wage?

The only ones who push right to work are corporations and those who want union benefits but don’t want to pay union dues. I know the later personally.

Forum List

Back