Rand Paul pulls a Brian Williams, claims he has a Biology Degree

I hope my doctor's medical degree represents an extensive study of human biology.
That doesn't make it a biology degree.

My degree is in applied mathematics, and that involved plenty of statistics and probability. That doesn't mean I'd say I have a degree in statistics or actuarial sciences, because I don't.

Most engineering majors study a lot of computer science and mathematics, but they don't have degrees in either.

Stuff like this and the vaccinations/retard thing are what would sink Rand Paul in any serious run.

I hope my doctor's medical degree represents an extensive study of human biology.

My degree is in applied mathematics, and that involved plenty of statistics and probability. That doesn't mean I'd say I have a degree in statistics or actuarial sciences, because I don't.

Most engineering majors study a lot of computer science and mathematics, but they don't have degrees in either.

Stuff like this and the vaccinations/retard thing are what would sink Rand Paul in any serious run.
But would you say that a degree in statistics would not be a degree in mathematics? Is statistics not a type of math?

I will agree that there is a medical degree is not the same as a degree in general biology. However, biology is a very broad categorie of science. If you are trying to argue that a medical degree does not fit into the categorie of biology, I would say use that applied math degree and draw a Venn diagram.

Perhaps Rand Paul was trying to be humble instead of bragging about having a medical degree from one of the most prestigious medical universities in the country. Talk about splitting hairs!

Two days ago, Rand Paul said to Bloomberg: "I have a Biology Degree". But one day later The Washington Post fact-checker noted that Rand Paul does not have a Biology Degree.

This can be used against Rand Paul in a GOP primary. In the event that he competes against Hillary Clinton, his lie would make it difficult for his campaign to bring up Hillary Clinton's lie that she was shot at in Bosnia.

Paul's a practicing medical doctor. May not have a degree in biology specifically, but that he's a medical doctor suggests he has degrees in science, pre-med, and graduate school. Maybe not biology per se', but I'd sooner think he simplified his answer for a reporter than he flatout lied and misrepresented himself.
So he has an undergraduate degree?
Senator's office forced to admit that he never graduated from Baylor University

But would you say that a degree in statistics would not be a degree in mathematics? Is statistics not a type of math?

I will agree that there is a medical degree is not the same as a degree in general biology. However, biology is a verybroad categorie of science. If you are trying to argue that a medical degree does not fit into the categorie of biology, I would say use that applied math degree and draw a Venn diagram.
just the facts ma'am

Paul falsely suggested that he had obtained undergraduate degrees. First came this exchange between Paul and TechCrunch founder Michael Arrington:

ARRINGTON: Let’s talk about economics because maybe you can actually explain this to me. I have an econ degree which means I know just enough not to understand any of what our government is [inaudible]…

PAUL: Mine’s in biology and English so this is going to be a great conversation.​

Later on, during a discussion of the virtual currency Bitcoin, Paul said, “This is just me. I have a biology degree, okay?​

Perhaps Rand Paul was trying to be humble instead of bragging about having a medical degree from one of the most prestigious medical universities in the country. Talk about splitting hairs!
:rofl:

Paul falsely suggested that he had obtained undergraduate degrees. First came this exchange between Paul and TechCrunch founder Michael Arrington:

ARRINGTON: Let’s talk about economics because maybe you can actually explain this to me. I have an econ degree which means I know just enough not to understand any of what our government is [inaudible]…

PAUL: Mine’s in biology and English so this is going to be a great conversation.​

Later on, during a discussion of the virtual currency Bitcoin, Paul said, “This is just me. I have a biology degree, okay?​

I checked. Didn't you? Of course you didn't.
His records are sealed. Obama is a failure, i'm sure anything he accomplished would be directly related to affirmative action. He was also a druggie during his college years.

jknowgood

No they're not. Nothing is "sealed". This asssinine statement has been debunked so many times and yet you low-information fools just keep on repeating it.

If you can PROVE President Obama's records are "sealed", post the proof in a new thread.

:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:
Okay then tell me his grades, with a link.

jknowgood

Got caught in your lie, huh?

You said his records are "sealed".

Prove it.

Hint: Yesterday I posted proof they're not "sealed".
Then tell me his grades then, shouldn't be hard.

jknowgood

That's what you get for lying.

Get it through your head - The reason yiou cannot prove Obama's records are "sealed" is because they are not.

Once and for all, none of Obama's records are "sealed". Write it down and read it once a day until you GET IT.

BTW, yesterday, I also posted the reason why you can't see his grades. It has nothing at all to do with him but of course, you don't know that and there's no way you will ever know that because you won't educate yourself.

I'd bet you still don't know that we have the guaranteed right to protest in this country.

Seriously, doood. You even give dumb RWs a bad name.

Two days ago, Rand Paul said to Bloomberg: "I have a Biology Degree". But one day later The Washington Post fact-checker noted that Rand Paul does not have a Biology Degree.

This can be used against Rand Paul in a GOP primary. In the event that he competes against Hillary Clinton, his lie would make it difficult for his campaign to bring up Hillary Clinton's lie that she was shot at in Bosnia.
Bizarre! He's a doctor ffs! Do you think he's got a degree in Gay&Lesbian Haiku?

His records are sealed. Obama is a failure, i'm sure anything he accomplished would be directly related to affirmative action. He was also a druggie during his college years.

jknowgood

No they're not. Nothing is "sealed". This asssinine statement has been debunked so many times and yet you low-information fools just keep on repeating it.

If you can PROVE President Obama's records are "sealed", post the proof in a new thread.

:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:
Okay then tell me his grades, with a link.

jknowgood

Got caught in your lie, huh?

You said his records are "sealed".

Prove it.

Hint: Yesterday I posted proof they're not "sealed".
Then tell me his grades then, shouldn't be hard.

jknowgood

That's what you get for lying.

Get it through your head - The reason yiou cannot prove Obama's records are "sealed" is because they are not.

Once and for all, none of Obama's records are "sealed". Write it down and read it once a day until you GET IT.

BTW, yesterday, I also posted the reason why you can't see his grades. It has nothing at all to do with him but of course, you don't know that and there's no way you will ever know that because you won't educate yourself.

I'd bet you still don't know that we have the guaranteed right to protest in this country.

Seriously, doood. You even give dumb RWs a bad name.
You are such a dumbass, we hardly know anything about Obama's past. Oh you do have the right to protest, but you don't have the right to close down a major highway, burn businesses down, and loot.

"This is just me," said Paul. "I have a biology degree. With Bitcoin my concern always was whether or not something has real value. I could imagine a kind of coin that was exchangeable. This gets back to the whole idea of whether money has to be exchangeable for something to have value. What if Bitcoin or Wal-Coin was exchangeable for Wal-Mart stock? What if Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Kroger and maybe 20 retailers got together and issued a coin to deal against a basket of stocks? I think that might be something I'd be interested in investigating. If they do it with a goal of—I hope Visa and Mastercard are not listening—eliminating the credit card companies from the equation—what if Wal-Mart's doubling their profits from 4 percent to something like 8 percent?"

that makes no sense at all

I'm thinking this is some leftist bs

Rand actually went to college and can talk about biology and medicine. Based upon his statement and understanding of our government, it is unlikely Obama attended any law classes

Oh, I get it! Liberal doctors don't have to study biology
You will read that strawman often in this thread: Pretend Paul claimed to have "studied biology" as part of his degree instead of "having a Biology degree".

1. Rand Paul has a medical degree from Duke University. He is a doctor.
2. Wouldn't it be nice if the media was this critical about Obama's education background?
3. Nobody is going to give a shit about this except the extreme left nutters at Salon and The Daily Kos, especially a year from now during primary season. If you really think this will be a factor, I have a bridge to sell you.
Ugh, thanks for reminding me that we still have a year of this shit before the primaries.

I read it- sounds like a stupid mistake by Paul- the man has a medical degree- which is in essence a graduate degree.

This will have no traction.

Forum List

Back