Rand Paul pulls a Brian Williams, claims he has a Biology Degree

So a medical degree isn't biology? Who would have thunk it?

Also, acording to the washing post fact checking article, a medical degree form Duke school of medicine is not a college degree. Wow, this is some kind of fact checker.
Yeah, and a medical degree is a degree in English too! ". He told the founder of TechCrunch (from the WaPo link):
Paul: “Mine’s in biology and English so this is going to be a great conversation.”
You may be on to something with the "English" part of that statement. However, your op is harping on "Biology". I hope my doctor's medical degree represents an extensive study of human biology.
1) How many years did your doctor study medicine? 2) Does your doctor claim to have a Biology degree?

Ironically, even Paul defenders are calling him a liar (English type of liar vs. Biology type of liar).
1). My doctor's study of medicine is on going.
2). I doubt that my doctor normally refers to his degree as a biology degree; however, I would suspect that he would agree that it is a specialized degree in the biological sciences.

Are you really trying to argue that medical doctors are not types of biologists? What do you think medical doctors study?

No. Medical doctors are not a "type" of biologist. Not even close.

But that's not what Paul said.
bi·ol·o·gy
bīˈäləjē/
noun
  1. the study of living organisms, divided into many specialized fields that cover their morphology, physiology, anatomy, behavior, origin, and distribution.
    • the plants and animals of a particular area.
      "the biology of Chesapeake Bay"
    • the physiology, behavior, and other qualities of a particular organism or class of organisms.
      "human biology"

Do you understand why medical doctors are often called physicians? Does the word physiology ring a bell?

On the other hand, Hillary seems to be the corenated democrat nominee at this time.
Ahem...

2008 ring a bell?
Lol, when she got her ass handed to her? Anyway she is also a liar, since you're so concerned about honesty now. You should be against Hillary, or are you admitting now you are a hypocrite?
Who said I was concerned with gotcha and liars?

You're projecting again
Your own words.

On the other hand, Hillary seems to be the corenated democrat nominee at this time.
Ahem...

2008 ring a bell?
Look up the word "seems". 2008 is exactly why I used that word.
Things always seem to be. The point is your 'seems' is silly. You have no idea what you are talking about
Strange that it is on a minor point on which I am agreeing with you that you say that I don't know what I'm talking about.

Ahem...

2008 ring a bell?
Things always seem to be. The point is your 'seems' is silly. You have no idea what you are talking about
Strange that it is on a minor point on which I am agreeing with you that you say that I don't know what I'm talking about.
One point is not tied to the other. We can and probably do agree on some things. This fact would not negate you're not knowing wtf you you are talking about

Ahem...

2008 ring a bell?
Lol, when she got her ass handed to her? Anyway she is also a liar, since you're so concerned about honesty now. You should be against Hillary, or are you admitting now you are a hypocrite?
Who said I was concerned with gotcha and liars?

You're projecting again
Your own words.
'gotcha and liars'

I don't care. I'm merely commenting on a conversation. I might care about hypocrisy, but you are projecting the importance of the gotcha game that drives your pathetic life

Where did Brian Williams claim to have education he does not actually have?

Rand Paul has been caught lying about his credentials before, as well as his record and, the evidence shows the right doesn't care that he's an habitual liar.
The left doesn't care that Obutthurt, bill or Hillary are habitual liars either.

Obama has a law degree from Harvard and was the President of the Harvard Law Review.
And you know this how?

I checked. Didn't you? Of course you didn't.
His records are sealed. Obama is a failure, i'm sure anything he accomplished would be directly related to affirmative action. He was also a druggie during his college years.

jknowgood

No they're not. Nothing is "sealed". This asssinine statement has been debunked so many times and yet you low-information fools just keep on repeating it.

If you can PROVE President Obama's records are "sealed", post the proof in a new thread.

:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:
Okay then tell me his grades, with a link.

jknowgood

Got caught in your lie, huh?

You said his records are "sealed".

Prove it.

Hint: Yesterday I posted proof they're not "sealed".

Ahem...

2008 ring a bell?
One point is not tied to the other. We can and probably do agree on some things. This fact would not negate you're not knowing wtf you you are talking about
Actually that is your opinion, not a fact. An opinion which you have unsuccessfully backed up. I am very comfortable and secure in that you do not think I know what I'm talking about. I will sleep very well tonight.

And you know this how?

I checked. Didn't you? Of course you didn't.
His records are sealed. Obama is a failure, i'm sure anything he accomplished would be directly related to affirmative action. He was also a druggie during his college years.

jknowgood

No they're not. Nothing is "sealed". This asssinine statement has been debunked so many times and yet you low-information fools just keep on repeating it.

If you can PROVE President Obama's records are "sealed", post the proof in a new thread.

:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:
Okay then tell me his grades, with a link.

jknowgood

Got caught in your lie, huh?

You said his records are "sealed".

Prove it.

Hint: Yesterday I posted proof they're not "sealed".
Then tell me his grades then, shouldn't be hard.

Two days ago, Rand Paul said to Bloomberg: "I have a Biology Degree". But one day later The Washington Post fact-checker noted that Rand Paul does not have a Biology Degree.

This can be used against Rand Paul in a GOP primary. In the event that he competes against Hillary Clinton, his lie would make it difficult for his campaign to bring up Hillary Clinton's lie that she was shot at in Bosnia.

Paul's a practicing medical doctor. May not have a degree in biology specifically, but that he's a medical doctor suggests he has degrees in science, pre-med, and graduate school. Maybe not biology per se', but I'd sooner think he simplified his answer for a reporter than he flatout lied and misrepresented himself.

Ahem...

2008 ring a bell?
Actually that is your opinion, not a fact. An opinion which you have unsuccessfully backed up. I am very comfortable and secure in that you do not think I know what I'm talking about. I will sleep very well tonight.
We can and probably do agree on some things.

This fact does not negate the other fact that you do not know wtf you you are talking about

Two days ago, Rand Paul said to Bloomberg: "I have a Biology Degree". But one day later The Washington Post fact-checker noted that Rand Paul does not have a Biology Degree.

This can be used against Rand Paul in a GOP primary. In the event that he competes against Hillary Clinton, his lie would make it difficult for his campaign to bring up Hillary Clinton's lie that she was shot at in Bosnia.

Paul's a practicing medical doctor. May not have a degree in biology specifically, but that he's a medical doctor suggests he has degrees in science, pre-med, and graduate school. Maybe not biology per se', but I'd sooner think he simplified his answer for a reporter than he flatout lied and misrepresented himself.

yet you are misrepresenting what Paul actually said:

In two instances highlighted by Washington Post fact-checker Glenn Kessler, Paul falsely suggested that he had obtained undergraduate degrees. First came this exchange between Paul and TechCrunch founder Michael Arrington:

ARRINGTON: Let’s talk about economics because maybe you can actually explain this to me. I have an econ degree which means I know just enough not to understand any of what our government is [inaudible]…

PAUL: Mine’s in biology and English so this is going to be a great conversation.​

Later on, during a discussion of the virtual currency Bitcoin, Paul said, “This is just me. I have a biology degree, okay?​

Paul's a practicing medical doctor.
Rand Paul is still practicing medicine?

You'd think liberals would applaud him for this....

Sen. Rand Paul Performs Free Eye Surgeries During August Recess

Paul, an eye surgeon by trade, will perform pro bono surgeries on three patients in Paducah, Ky., next Wednesday, something that he’s done a couple of dozen times since entering the senate. “He’s really done them all over Kentucky,” explained Dan Bayens, a spokesman for the senator. It’s cataract surgery that the Kentucky Republican tends to perform. And he uses local doctors and ophthalmologists that he has relationships with to link up with patients who are uninsured or underinsured.

While Paul’s patients gain better vision, the senator is able to keep his skills sharp. “That’s part of what doing the surgeries is about,” explained Bayens. “If he didn’t do this he wouldn’t be able to keep up his license.” As a senator, Paul can’t have another gig on the side. (Though he did try to negotiate with Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., on that one, to no avail, Bayens said.)

“I think the main reason is he really enjoys it,” Bayens said of performing the free surgeries. “And I think, to be honest, he always says he’s not sure if he’ll do politics forever, he really loves being an eye surgeon and that’s something he sees himself returning to once this career is over.”

Sen. Rand Paul Performs Free Eye Surgeries During August Recess - Leah Barkoukis

Paul's a practicing medical doctor.
Rand Paul is still practicing medicine?

You'd think liberals would applaud him for this....

Sen. Rand Paul Performs Free Eye Surgeries During August Recess

Paul, an eye surgeon by trade, will perform pro bono surgeries on three patients in Paducah, Ky., next Wednesday, something that he’s done a couple of dozen times since entering the senate. “He’s really done them all over Kentucky,” explained Dan Bayens, a spokesman for the senator. It’s cataract surgery that the Kentucky Republican tends to perform. And he uses local doctors and ophthalmologists that he has relationships with to link up with patients who are uninsured or underinsured.

While Paul’s patients gain better vision, the senator is able to keep his skills sharp. “That’s part of what doing the surgeries is about,” explained Bayens. “If he didn’t do this he wouldn’t be able to keep up his license.” As a senator, Paul can’t have another gig on the side. (Though he did try to negotiate with Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., on that one, to no avail, Bayens said.)

“I think the main reason is he really enjoys it,” Bayens said of performing the free surgeries. “And I think, to be honest, he always says he’s not sure if he’ll do politics forever, he really loves being an eye surgeon and that’s something he sees himself returning to once this career is over.”

Sen. Rand Paul Performs Free Eye Surgeries During August Recess - Leah Barkoukis

Precisely what I was thinking of.

They left is so desperate they will let anyone lead them down the road of looking like sheep/tool. Anything FOR THE PARTY

all Heil the low information that you get from the left wing hate sites and their masters on the left.

So he has an undergraduate degree?

Forum List

Back