Rand Paul Blocks $40 Billion Aid Package to Ukraine - Mitch and Schumer both ANGRY

1652397773239.png

It didn't work in the 19th Century... it didn't work in the early 20th... given todays connectivity and lightning fast transoceanic travel... it sure-as-hell won't work in the 21st.
What hasn't worked is Wilsonian do-gooder interventionism....That model made the 20th century the most bloody in human history.

Paul... and Paul-ites... are famous for capitalizing on saving taxpayer money at the expense of strategic national interests. Foolhardy myopic isolationist thinking.
Look at what the rest of the world and NATO are giving to Ukraine, the US should give in proportion to the other nations, not excessively. It makes me think that there is a "kickback" scheme in there somewhere.

I see that little squeeky neo-con guy, Mark Levin, was losing his marbles on the tweeter over the lack of support for the duopoly's war in the Ukraine. He and some other GOPers were going back and forth over it.

Even MTG revealed him for the fraud that he is.

Think he's one of the few left who still supports going into Iraq.

He stopped it?? YOu mean NO 40 Billion to UKRAINE???? AWESOME!!!!
Really pretty simple they just need to include the two together and help Ukraine now. The money is in the bank so to speak (for Ukraine) and Russia has liability for all they have done

Oversight should always b there on federal funds going out. Even those lowly DoT contracts used to have inspectors out on the jobs making sure funds went where they were supposed to.

I see that little squeeky guy, Mark Levin, was losing his marbles on the tweeter over the lack of support for the duopoly's war in the Ukraine. He and some other GOPers were going back and forth over it.

Even MTG revealed him for the fraud that he is.

Think he's one of the few left who still supports going into Iraq.
Yet he claims to absolutely love the Founders and revere the constituuuuution. Apparently he’s unaware of what the founders said about war and foreign entanglements.

Look at what the rest of the world and NATO are giving to Ukraine, the US should give in proportion to the other nations, not excessively. It makes me think that there is a "kickback" scheme in there somewhere.
I'm fine - for now - with shoveling extra (above-and-beyond "our fair share") at the Ukrainians...

Why do I say that?

Because we have the surplus to give, and we can make more easily, whereas some of these others are scraping the bottom, to dig up something to give.

Mind you, those allies should have been doing more for themselves and the alliance all along, but this isn't the time to flog them over it, to no good end.

Rather, now is the time to get as much war material as we ( the US and its allies ) CAN get to them, as quickly as possible... yesterday, if possible...

There is no time to screw-around with these fine points during such an existential crisis for a friendly (soon-to-be-allied) and brave country.

Want better oversight? Fine. Conjure up an IG to send to follow the donation. But there is no time to waste in getting the donation itself in Ukrainian hands.

Last edited:

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) hit the brakes Thursday on bipartisan hopes that the Senate could quickly pass nearly $40 billion in Ukraine aid before leaving town for the week. Paul objected to a deal offered by Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) and Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) that would have set up votes on Thursday afternoon on the funding and on an amendment from Paul, who wanted to include language in the bill to expand an Afghanistan inspector general role to include oversight of the Ukraine funds.

Thoughts on this GOPer being on Putin's side?

Paul doesn't want to have to go home. His neighbor might beat him up again.

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) hit the brakes Thursday on bipartisan hopes that the Senate could quickly pass nearly $40 billion in Ukraine aid before leaving town for the week. Paul objected to a deal offered by Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) and Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) that would have set up votes on Thursday afternoon on the funding and on an amendment from Paul, who wanted to include language in the bill to expand an Afghanistan inspector general role to include oversight of the Ukraine funds.

Thoughts on this GOPer being on Putin's side?
This should cause Mitch to have a miscarriage.

I seriously doubt that Ukrainian soldiers... holding-on by the skin of their teeth until more materials arrive... would agree...
If you really think that money is going to provide enough arms for them to win, you're even dumber than you're showing us right now.

That loot is going to be stolen with both hands by the military-industrial oligarchs here, and the corrupt looter oligarchs in Ukraine.

Forum List

Back