Rancher Gets Arrested For Shooting Alligator That Threatened His Horses & Burros

They oughta pay him for putting the life of a predator ahead of the life of a man and his livestock. I urge the State of Florida to allow self-preservation in such a circumstance. Everyone there is uptight about the loss of life due to Hurricane Ian. What terrible times these are for Floridians, man or beast. :(
And this is the worst of times as multiple counties are still badly flooded, with alligators, poisonous water mocassins, and even sharks swimming down main streets, and in people's back yards.

C,mon man. He endangered that poor gator. A better option would have been to capture a democrat and feed him to the gator. Gators won't kill unless they're hungry, so the horses and burros would have been safe for another week and he would have performed a public service by removing one more democrat from the gene pool.
I don't know where you live, but I've been in Florida for 33 years, and I know how these beasts tick. This one was acting aggressive toward the animals, and the guy was justified in shooting it (with no Democrats around to be fed to it) :biggrin:

C,mon man. He endangered that poor gator. A better option would have been to capture a democrat and feed him to the gator. Gators won't kill unless they're hungry, so the horses and burros would have been safe for another week and he would have performed a public service by removing one more democrat from the gene pool.
And it'll reduce one humans "carbon footprint" for that week 😂
It's a win for everyone!

Why are you even talking about the 2nd Amendment when it states in the hyperlink to your first story that's he's being charged for violating one of Florida's poaching laws.

The charges do sound bogus though in light of the fact that he was protecting his livestock and not actually out "poaching" but this really has nothing to do with gun laws, the 2nd Amendment or self defense (or defense of another). Property crimes are different and his livestock are considered "property" not an entity covered by the 2nd or self-defense/defense of another laws.
He was DEFENDING himself, his animals, AND his stepson, who was attacked, bitten and severely injured with a broken neck (almost killed)

1665274939079.png

Attachments

• 1665274888825.png
    1665274888825.png
    44 KB · Views: 13
Not in blue state shitholes. It is open season for MURDER of the unborn in those states.
Or murder of the BORN. California legislature lunatics passed a bill to legalize the MURDER of babies up to 28 days old. Whether equally nuts Newbum signed it, I haven't found out yet.

This should be top news. Leftist media is burying it.

Ok. To be fair here.

1) Was the gator just chillin close to the cows (which outweigh it by a couple of hundred pounds)..or was it trying to take down one of them?
2) The gator rose up and lunged at him???...in a field?? (not in the water??)...

Look. If the dude was poaching gators just cop to it and pay the fine. Instead, he lies...and the thing got away...:auiqs.jpg:
"But after FWC trapped the gator and investigated, the state attorney charged him for possessing the alligator after FWC wrote in its report that he admitted to knowing that he couldn't just shoot it without a license".
1. The gator is hundreds of pounds, and much more dangerous to the horses & burros than they are to it.

2. Gator was aggressively approaching the animals, and is capable of lunging with great speed. yes, in a field.

3. Blanton was NOT poaching, License has nothing to do with it, He shot in defense of himself his son and his animals, Stop trying to recreate and change the scenario,

1. The gator is hundreds of pounds, and much more dangerous to the horses & burros than they are to it.

2. Gator was aggressively approaching the animals, and is capable of lunging with great speed. yes, in a field.

3. Blanton was NOT poaching, License has nothing to do with it, He shot in defense of himself his son and his animals, Stop trying to recreate and change the scenario,
Poaching doesn't require a license. :auiqs.jpg:

The gaps in this story make me think the guy was poaching..and tried to use the excuse of defending his livestock....which didn't wash with the state.

Alligators are a protected species.
Yes, because they resemble endangered crocodiles.

***snip***

Florida laws protect alligators because of their similarity to endangered crocodiles. Alligators maintain a critical balance in the ecosystem and health of the water in the Everglades, which provides water to inhabitants in South Florida. Therefore, kayakers should not interfere with alligators in any way.

Poaching doesn't require a license. :auiqs.jpg:

The gaps in this story make me think the guy was poaching..and tried to use the excuse of defending his livestock....which didn't wash with the state.
You're a FOOL - he wasn't poaching. You're lying, You don't think that. You just wanna come in here and be a pure :ahole-1: SHUT UP!!

Yes, because they resemble endangered crocodiles.

***snip***

Florida laws protect alligators because of their similarity to endangered crocodiles. Alligators maintain a critical balance in the ecosystem and health of the water in the Everglades, which provides water to inhabitants in South Florida. Therefore, kayakers should not interfere with alligators in any way.
This has nothing to do with laws about protected species. No creature threatening to kill others, attacking them (and damn near killing them) is protected. Period.

I think this falls under
Nuisance wildlife, as defined in Florida Administrative Code (F.A.C.) 68A-9.010, refers to an animal or animals exhibiting behavior that:
  • causes (or is about to cause) property damage,
  • presents a threat to public safety, or
  • causes an annoyance within, under or upon a building.

I am sure the cat has passed by now, but Mugsy was an alligator fighting cat that would drive them back into the water. Last I heard old age had his kidneys failing.

Difficult situation....:confused:

May be the rancher was scared the gator was going to eat up one of his burros?

Complicated situation all around.:dunno: I don't don't the answer.

Forum List

Back