'Racial Trauma' Isn't Real. The Epidemic of Fatherlessness Is

"If you don't vote forme, you aren't a good Jew and you hate America" - Trump

They are both dumb statements....except one is even dumber because 77% of Jews vote Democratic and an even higher number of blacks vote Democratic -- so are Conservatives saying a majority of Jewish and Black Americans hate America because they rather not vote for a party that openly calls for rolling back Civil Rights, suppressing voting rights (even against a Supreme Court order) and cutting Medicare and Social Security?

If that means you hate America -- no wonder so many folks think Republicans are full of shit
You might have a point if Trump ever said that about Jews. But he didn't. Biden did say that about blacks.

They don't. Marriage rates aren't the same thing as fatherlessness. Does getting divorced make your children fatherless? 😄
If a man impregnates a woman he is only the sperm donor whether married or not. If he is not in the home or is not engaged with the raising of his children he's not a father.

I never mentioned race. The government needs to stop being Big Daddy to fatherless families regardless of skin color..
The OP did. That's what this thread is about. And the government being big daddy to big business is the problem. Investing in famlies is how you stand a better chance of them becoming productive members of society.

No black doctors, Lawyers, or Engineers?
They still have less wealth on average than even whites without a college education because more often Black Americans have to borrow more to pay for college, get less favorable terms for those loans and earn less over the course of their careers with those degrees than their white counterparts so they get less value from those degrees. Black professionals are also more likely to be financially responsible for relatives and more likely to inherit debt than to receive inheritance. You couple that with the generational wealth that was built for the white middle class by subsidizing white home ownership in the 40s and 50s and you have a recipe for massive inequalities.

Examining the Black-white wealth gap | Brookings

They still have less wealth on average than even whites without a college education because more often Black Americans have to borrow more to pay for college, get less favorable terms for those loans and earn less over the course of their careers with those degrees than their white counterparts so they get less value from those degrees. Black professionals are also more likely to be financially responsible for relatives and more likely to inherit debt than to receive inheritance. You couple that with the generational wealth that was built for the white middle class by subsidizing white home ownership in the 40s and 50s and you have a recipe for massive inequalities.

Examining the Black-white wealth gap | Brookings

If you take race out of it, I have far more in common with a middle class black person than a rich white person. Father high school and military, Mother nurse with a 2 year degree. I was the first in my direct line to graduate from a 4 year college.

The generational wealth I got was modest, and only recently because my grandfather lived to his 100's.

No black doctors, Lawyers, or Engineers?
Less than 5 percent in each of those fields. You guys are so adept about telling me how we are 13 percent of the population when it comes to crime, but per capita never gets mentioned here, which is why the use of per capita is a bs white racist excuse,

Less than 5 percent in each of those fields. You guys are so adept about telling me how we are 13 percent of the population when it comes to crime, but per capita never gets mentioned here, which is why the use of per capita is a bs white racist excuse,

And Asians are probably over-represented, like Jews used to be.

So?

If you take race out of it, I have far more in common with a middle class black person than a rich white person. Father high school and military, Mother nurse with a 2 year degree. I was the first in my direct line to graduate from a 4 year college.

The generational wealth I got was modest, and only recently because my grandfather lived to his 100's.
It's so easy for people who get the racial preferences to dismiss race. But you can't take race out of it. Whatever generational wealth you got was more than mine or CurriedGoats.

I don't give a shit about your personal experiences. It isn't about you. We're discussing why these inequities exist across entire demographics.

• Winner
Reactions: IM2
On the Eve of Dark Ages II

Their fathers are thugs or scammers just like them, so the kids would be more trained in thuggery and grifting the system for unearned giveaways—such as our jobs, our culture, and our future.

And likely their fathers were like them, growing up in a one-parent household, learning everything on the street, instead of in a healthy two-parent household.

And Asians are probably over-represented, like Jews used to be.

So?
No Asians aren't. You aren't Asian and Asians don't like the way whites try using them as a wedge. Asians are a large group and when you talk about Asians, you don't talk about Cambodians, Hmong, Laotians or Vietnamese. You make Indians the entire representation to try dismissing the racism blacks, hispanics, and Native Americans face along with Asians. Jews are not a race, and there are black jews. So don't conflate religion with race. Baptists could be underrepresented in these categories too but no one tries making baptist a race.

And again Most Indians are here on the H1B Visa program that guarantees them high paying jobs. Since you obvioously don't study the situation completely, perhaps you should before you start trying to generalize.

I could not care less about percentages. I want competence and even excellence. Jewish people are 2 per cent of the population and massively higher in certain fields.

And likely their fathers were like them, growing up in a one-parent household, learning everything on the street, instead of in a healthy two-parent household.
The Centers for Disease Control published a report titled “Fathers’Involvement With Their Children: United States, 2006–2010,” in the National Health Report on December 20, 2013. The findings in this study debunk the standard racist white narrative . Some of the findings are as follows:

A higher percentage of fathers who lived with their children under age 5 fed or ate meals with them daily—72% compared with 7.9% of fathers with non coresidential children. A higher percentage of fathers living apart from their children did not feed or eat meals with them at all in the last 4 weeks—43% compared with 0.8% of fathers with coresidential children. Variation by Hispanic origin and race was seen in the percentages of coresidential fathers who ate meals with their children every day. Specifically, Hispanic fathers were less likely to eat meals with their children every day (64%) than were non-Hispanic white (74%) or non-Hispanic black (78%) fathers.
There was a significant difference by Hispanic origin and race amongfathers with coresidential children: Black fathers (70%) were most likely to have bathed, dressed, diapered, or helped their children use the toilet everyday compared with white (60%) and Hispanic fathers (45%).
A higher percentage of Hispanic fathers aged 15–44 (52%) had not played with their noncoresidential children in the last 4 weeks compared with white (30%) and black (25%) fathers.
Larger percentages of Hispanic (82%) and white (70%) fathers had nothelped their noncoresidential children with homework at all in the last 4weeks compared with black fathers (56%).

Pew Research estimates that sixty-seven percent of black dads whodo not live with their kids see them at least once a month, compared to fifty-nine percent of white dads and thirty-two percent of Hispanic dads.

The healthy white 2 parent household where the wife washes down prpzac with scotch, and who waits for her husband to come home and beat her. The healthy white 2 parent home where daddy sneaks into his daughters room 3 times a week to get a taste of some young stuff. That healthy white 2 parent hom where the prescrption drug addict mom beats her kinds. That perfect white two parent home where kids and adults are committing suicide at unprecedented levels. Yeah, keep lying to yourselves racists.

Key Fatherless Household Statistics 2023 The 2021 U.S. A Census Bureau report revealed that 18.4 million children live in fatherless households. Households without fathers are 4 times more likely to live below the poverty line. Approximately 7 million biological dads are absentee dads to all of their minor children. In the United States, there are an estimated 1.8 million solo fathers living with their children. Children of fatherless households are 2 times more likely to drop out of school. Infant mortality rates are two times higher in fatherless households. Adolescents from fatherless households are more likely to commit crimes. Children growing up without a father are two times as likely to commit suicide.

57.6% of African American Children Have Absent Fathers. The Census Bureau reported that well over half of African American children are living in fatherless homes. More statistics show that another 31.2% of Hispanic American children and 20.7% of Caucasian children live in absent father households.

Read more at EarthWeb: Fatherless Homes Statistics 2023: Risks & Repercussions
https://earthweb.com/fatherless-homes-statistics/

It's so easy for people who get the racial preferences to dismiss race. But you can't take race out of it. Whatever generational wealth you got was more than mine or CurriedGoats.

I was denied several scholarships and grants because I was the wrong race. Where is the preference there?

So it's all about you and the other huckster? Figures.

Plenty of white trash have left nothing but debt to their offspring as well.

I don't give a shit about your personal experiences. It isn't about you. We're discussing why these inequities exist across entire demographics.

And those statistics are often replaced for real life experiences and consequences, because it's easier to bitch about sweeping numbers than admit you are just a lazy fuck. And a anarcho-twat at that.

No Asians aren't. You aren't Asian and Asians don't like the way whites try using them as a wedge. Asians are a large group and when you talk about Asians, you don't talk about Cambodians, Hmong, Laotians or Vietnamese. You make Indians the entire representation to try dismissing the racism blacks, hispanics, and Native Americans face along with Asians. Jews are not a race, and there are black jews. So don't conflate religion with race. Baptists could be underrepresented in these categories too but no one tries making baptist a race.

And again Most Indians are here on the H1B Visa program that guarantees them high paying jobs. Since you obvioously don't study the situation completely, perhaps you should before you start trying to generalize.

Indians are southeast Asians. Different group.

Jews are a religion and a race in some cases, but have diversified to their ancient diaspora millenia ago.

Baptists haven't been singled out by assholes as a race, as Jews have. They have until recently always been outside the national and racial divisions of their homelands, and sometimes violently removed from them.

Most? I doubt most are here on Visas, I would say most are permanent residents and citizens.

I go to the Indian areas of NYC and they are all young professionals on H1B's?

Forum List

Back