Race Differences in average IQ are Largely Genetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact is that no one can point to a discreet, identifiable genetic marker for intelligence at all, because it is not something determined by a single gene. An unknown variety of genetic factors influencing each other, combined with social and environmental considerations, conflate to result in a given individual's intelligence which itself may be plastic throughout at least an individual's formative years.

So, no, there is no connection that we can point to. At least not today.
IQ is more determined by HERITABILITY than Any other factor:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heritability_of_IQ

[......]
Estimates of the heritability of IQ

Various studies have found the heritability of IQ to be between 0.7 and 0.8 in adults and 0.45 in childhood in the United States.[7][5][18] It may seem reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. However, that the opposite occurs is well documented. Heritability measures in infancy are as low as 0.2, around 0.4 in middle childhood, and as high as 0.8 in adulthood.[8][19] One proposed explanation is that people with different genes tend to seek out different environments that reinforce the effects of those genes.[7]

A 1994 review in Behavior Genetics based on identical/fraternal twin studies found that heritability is as high as 0.80 in general cognitive ability but it also varies based on the trait, with .60 for verbal tests, .50 for spatial and speed-of-processing tests, and only .40 for memory tests.[5]

In 2006, 'The New York Times Magazine" listed about Three Quarters as a figure held by the majority of studies,[9] while a 2004 meta-analysis of reports in Current Directions in Psychological Science gave an overall estimate of around .85 for 18-year-olds and older.[8]
[......]
So once we KNOW it's Mostly Heritable/GENETIC we can infer/deduce there IS parental, familial, and Group/RACE IQ. Obviously there are a myriad of Race differences (skin tone, skeletal, muscular, medical) including Brain size.
Born out by 100 Years of IQ tests and thousands of years of Life/Group/Continental Outcomes.
OUCHER.

PS: See how "EXCERPT" is done?
I didn't just Dump up a link.
`

Last edited:
As I so kindly pointed out to you, no discreet genetic component can be identified. Therefore, there is no sound basis for a conclusion of any useful specificity. There are only 'people' pursuing various agendas - as usual.

Richard Lynn's review work on global racial differences in cognitive ability has been cited for misrepresenting the research of other scientists, and has been criticized for unsystematic methodology and distortion.

Many of the data points in Lynn's book IQ and the Wealth of Nations were not based on residents of the named countries. The datum for Suriname was based on tests given to Surinamese who had emigrated to the Netherlands, and the datum for Ethiopia was based on the IQ scores of a highly selected group that had emigrated to Israel, and, for cultural and historical reasons, was hardly representative of the Ethiopian population. The datum for Mexico was based on a weighted averaging of the results of a study of "Native American and Mestizo children in Southern Mexico" with results of a study of residents of Argentina.

The datum that Lynn and Vanhanen used for the lowest IQ estimate, Equatorial Guinea, was the mean IQ of a group of Spanish children in a home for the developmentally disabled in Spain.

Corrections were applied to adjust for differences in IQ cohorts (the "Flynn" effect) on the assumption that the same correction could be applied internationally, without regard to the cultural or economic development level of the country involved. While there appears to be rather little evidence on cohort effect upon IQ across the developing countries, one study in Kenya (Daley, Whaley, Sigman, Espinosa, & Neumann, 2003) shows a substantially larger cohort effect than is reported for developed countries

In a critical review of The Bell Curve, psychologist Leon Kamin faulted Lynn for disregarding scientific objectivity, misrepresenting data, and for racism. Kamin argues that the studies of cognitive ability of Africans in Lynn's meta-analysis cited by Herrnstein and Murray show strong cultural bias. Kamin also reproached Lynn for concocting IQ values from test scores that have no correlation to IQ.

Kamin also notes that Lynn excluded a study that found no difference in White and Black performance, and ignored the results of a study which showed Black scores were higher than White scores.[67]
Journalist Charles Lane criticized Lynn's methodology in his New York Review of Books article "The Tainted Sources of 'The Bell Curve'" (1994),[68] to which then Pioneer Fund president Harry F. Weyher replied.

In 2002 an academic dispute arose after Lynn claimed that some races are inherently more psychopathic than others, and other psychologists criticized his data and interpretations.

Last edited:
As I so kindly pointed out to you, no discreet genetic component can be identified. Therefore, there is no sound basis for a conclusion of any useful specificity. There are only 'people' pursuing various agendas - as usual.
I was kind to point it out, because UNLIKE YOU, I excerpt My links.
Imagine how this 'debate' would go if I [alos] did Not do so.
Get it yet CLOWN?

There is not yet a Gene for intelligence yet.
Oh wait, they have about 18 months ago.

'Intelligence gene' discovered
Study links tiny variant in DNA to bigger brains, higher IQ scores
By Mariette Le Roux, Agence France-Presse
April 16, 2012

An international team of scientists said Sunday the largest brain study of its kind had found a gene linked to intelligence, a small piece in the puzzle as to why some people are smarter than others.

A variant of this gene "can tilt the scales in favour of a higher intelligence," study leader Paul Thompson told AFP, stressing though that genetic blessings were not the only factor in brainpower.

Searching for a genetic explanation for brain disease, the scientists stumbled upon a minute variant in a gene called HMGA2 among people who had larger brains and scored higher on standardized IQ tests.

Thompson dubbed it "an Intelligence gene" and said it was Likely that Many MORE such genes are Yet to be discovered.

The variant occurs on HMGA2 where there is just a single change in the permutation of the four "letters" of the genetic code. DNA, the blueprint for life, comprises four basic chemicals called A (for adenine), C (cytosine), T (thymine) and G (guanine), strung together in different combinations along a double helix. In this case, the researchers found that people with a double "C" and no "T" in a specific section of the HMGA2 gene had bigger brains on average.

"It is a strange result, you wouldn't think that something as simple as one small change in the genetic code could explain differences in intelligence worldwide," said Thompson, a neurologist at the University of California at Los Angeles.

The discovery came in a study of brain scans and DNA samples from more than 20,000 people from North America, Europe and Australia, of European ancestry. People who received two Cs from their parents, a quarter of the population, scored on average 1.3 points higher than the next group - half of the population with only one C in this section of the gene."....

The research, published in Nature Genetics, was conducted by more than 200 scientists from 100 institutions worldwide, working together on a project called Enigma.

Thompson said other studies have implicated some genes in IQ, but this was the first to link a Common gene to Brain Size."
....."

So:
1. We have 100 Years of IQ tests as raw data, UN-contradicted by other data, merely Apologetics in response.
2. We have IQ tests/SAT scores that were adjusted for Income/culture. Differential still there.
3. In fact, we have the most culturally Equalized Tests possible:
When adopted by White Middle Class parents, Asians score higher than those parents, Blacks, STILL lower.
UNTOUCHED in this string when posted.
4. We are now just starting to map Genetic Data on Intelligence specifically which will certainly prove what we already know but some can't deal with.
We already Unquestionably have Heritability which shows IQ is MOSTLY GENETIC anyway.
4a. We have the data that Brain sizes of different races ARE different. Those with larger brains score higher.
Above genetic discovery just Confirms this.
5. Life outcomes both domestically and abroad bear out the numbers.
Always good to have a REALITY CHECK on your theory.
Mine Works!

Expect multiple if weak responseS by Unko-retard who cannot quote or consider more than a single sentence when replying.
`

Last edited:
Richard Lynn's review work on global racial differences in cognitive ability has been cited for misrepresenting the research of other scientists, and has been criticized for unsystematic methodology and distortion.

[..............]

In 2002 an academic dispute arose after Lynn claimed that some races are inherently more psychopathic than others, and other psychologists criticized his data and interpretations.
What about it Clown #564?
There is NOT a single word of yours as to relevance, Nada.
Doesn't anyone here know how to post on a message board.. or have common sense?

The above post was the Plagiarized Wikipedia Criticism section, leaving out all else and containing no original content.
And it really does NOT impact what I previously posted of his on the topic of Race and IQ.
He misstated "Suriname" WTF!

Is anyone here Conversant on ANY Topic?
What a bunch of MORONS populate this place.
`

Last edited:
I was kind to point it out, because UNLIKE YOU, I excerpt My links.
Imagine how this 'debate' would go if I [alos] did Not do so.
Get it yet CLOWN?

'Intelligence gene' discovered
Study links tiny variant in DNA to bigger brains, higher IQ scores
By Mariette Le Roux, Agence France-Presse
April 16, 2012

An international team of scientists said Sunday the largest brain study of its kind had found a gene linked to intelligence, a small piece in the puzzle as to why some people are smarter than others.

A variant of this gene "can tilt the scales in favour of a higher intelligence," study leader Paul Thompson told AFP, stressing though that genetic blessings were not the only factor in brainpower.

Searching for a genetic explanation for brain disease, the scientists stumbled upon a minute variant in a gene called HMGA2 among people who had larger brains and scored higher on standardized IQ tests.

Thompson dubbed it "an Intelligence gene" and said it was Likely that Many MORE such genes are Yet to be discovered.

The variant occurs on HMGA2 where there is just a single change in the permutation of the four "letters" of the genetic code. DNA, the blueprint for life, comprises four basic chemicals called A (for adenine), C (cytosine), T (thymine) and G (guanine), strung together in different combinations along a double helix. In this case, the researchers found that people with a double "C" and no "T" in a specific section of the HMGA2 gene had bigger brains on average.

"It is a strange result, you wouldn't think that something as simple as one small change in the genetic code could explain differences in intelligence worldwide," said Thompson, a neurologist at the University of California at Los Angeles.

The discovery came in a study of brain scans and DNA samples from more than 20,000 people from North America, Europe and Australia, of European ancestry. People who received two Cs from their parents, a quarter of the population, scored on average 1.3 points higher than the next group - half of the population with only one C in this section of the gene."....

The research, published in Nature Genetics, was conducted by more than 200 scientists from 100 institutions worldwide, working together on a project called Enigma.

Thompson said other studies have implicated some genes in IQ, but this was the first to link a Common gene to Brain Size."
....."

So:
1. We have 100 Years of IQ tests as raw data, UN-contradicted by other data, merely Apologetics in response.
2. We have IQ tests/SAT scores that were adjusted for Income/culture. Differential still there.
3. In fact, we have the most culturally Equalized Tests possible:
When adopted by White Middle Class parents, Asians score higher than those parents, Blacks, STILL lower.
UNTOUCHED in this string when posted.
4. We are now just starting to map Genetic Data on Intelligence specifically which will certainly prove what we already know but some can't deal with.
We already Unquestionably have Heritability which shows IQ is MOSTLY GENETIC anyway.
4a. We have the data that Brain sizes of different races ARE different. Those with larger brains score higher.
Above genetic discovery just Confirms this.
5. Life outcomes both domestically and abroad bear out the numbers.
Always good to have a REALITY CHECK on your theory.
Mine Works!

Expect multiple if weak responseS by Unko-retard who cannot quote or consider more than a single sentence when replying.
`

I see you have had your way with Unk but I will clown you as usual. You can cite discredited pseudo scientists all you want. It just makes you willfully stupid. You cant seem to get it through your head that if there is only 1 Black African capable of having done something requiring a high mark in your aborted IQ tests then your theory fails in every way possible. In your own excerpt you post this:

Most people understand that there are people that are brilliant and some that are not too swift. You seem to fall in the not too swift category being stubbornly ignorant. No where can you prove that 1 ethnicity is more intelligent than another. The reason why is because you cannot create a test that can accurately determine intelligence. For 1 thing who are you to define what intelligence is? Is it more intelligent to destroy the planet you live on or is more intelligent to live with nature? Your problem and the same for people like you is that you actually think you have the right to define the standards. What exactly makes you think you determine those standards and what makes you think people are stupid enough to fall for them?

Last edited:
White people started Egypt, black people ended it

White people were not around when Kemet started. If white people were around we would be calling London the birthplace of knowledge. I keep asking you why would white people travel to Africa to build Kemet when they could have built it in England?

White people started Detroit, black people ended it

The Dogon are a tribe of people in West Africa that by most standards people would be considered primitive. However, they knew of the existence of a dwarf star called Sirius B. They knew of its orbit. They made commemorative masks every 50 years to mark its orbit. When they showed the Europeans the masks there were 12 of them. That translated to 1211 at the earliest the time they first started this tradition. Modern scientist did not discover this was a actually dwarf star until 1923. How did this tribe know about this star and were able to chart its movements if they were not intelligent? BTW its invisible to the naked eye. My question is how much knowledge have we lost as a result of people like the OP trying to spread lies to make themselves feel better?

Dogon Creational Myths

Last edited:
White people started Chicago, black people ended it

`

:lmao:

At best:

"Linked to"

"A small piece"

"Many more to be found"

Etc

:lol: Nice job bitch-slapping yourself, dope! :lol:

White people started South Africa, blacks ended it

White people started Portugal, black people ended it

I just want to make sure I have this straight.

White guy trying to prove whites are superior makes up a test. This test totally ignores the concept of impartiality by the results of the test being based on a unagreeded upon concept of what intelligence actually is. It ignores any mental impediments such as anger, anxiety, or confidence. It ignores relevance or the reward factor for doing good on this test. It ignores that people that have scored low on this test have been wildly successful.

Now a obviously lowbrow white guy latches onto the results of these tests and breaks the first rule of intelligent thinking. Correlation does not equal causation. Not to forget we are operating in a playground of this madman's choosing and definition. Psychotic white guy then combines genetics with this information and declares that some "races" are inferior. When you point out to him that he is pretty stupid himself and blatant proof that he missed the intelligent gene (or the many combination of genes and factors he is unaware of) he wants you to pretend that is not important. When you point out there are people in the very "race" he claims is inferior that can lap him in any intelligent endeavor he calls unfair posting especially if it includes visuals. Again lest we forget we are operating in a world of his choosing this whole time. Now if i can prove his theory is stupid in his world, why does he think he can prove it holds any water in the real world? Did I miss anything here?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back