Question I've Always Wondered: Why is the Left So Adamant about Abortion Remaining Legal?

For decades, I have wondered why the the leftist leaders fights tooth and nail to keep abortion legal.
There's the reason they put forth, that they care about women's health which is obviously nonsense. Camouflage to hide the real reason.

But what IS the real reason?

1) Is it money? Is it driven by the billion dollar abortion mill industry led by PP?
2) Is it political power? Does the left think blacks value abortion so much, they have to fight to keep it legal in exchange for votes? I find it hard to believe abortion would be THAT important to blacks.
3) Is it a ideological, meaning is it a tool of the Marxist left to create the notion that devaluing human life is acceptable, thereby setting the table for a Marxist takeover?

I'm really not sure. Does anyone know the answer?
Liberals are not only adamant about defending the right to privacy, they’re adamant about defending all rights from attack by conservatives.

Probably lives with his parents, drives their car (if he drives at all), eats their food, uses their utilities; and has no clue at all what the costs are that a functional adult has to pay.
just like xiden. birds of a feather and all.

Liberals are not only adamant about defending the right to privacy, they’re adamant about defending all rights from attack by conservatives.
you didn't say shit during the kavanaugh attack. hmmmm, I guess privacy like every other thing, i.e., blacks, are only for demofks in your world? black conservatives ain't black, right? conservative judges, no privacy, right?

Except for the right to call people whatever they want to call them.
Except for the right to not get vaccinated if they don't want to.
Except for the right to own and bear firearms.
Except for the right to choose what kind of car to buy.
Except for the right to teach their children the way they want to, and to protect their children from things they don't want their children exposed to.
Except for the right of girls and women to compete only against other women.

Except for the right of women to have privacy from men in their locker rooms and bathrooms. Funny that, huh, given you were so gungho about privacy rights.

You see where I'm going with this.

Except for the right to call people whatever they want to call them.
Except for the right to not get vaccinated if they don't want to.
Except for the right to own and bear firearms.
Except for the right to choose what kind of car to buy.
Except for the right to teach their children the way they want to, and to protect their children from things they don't want their children exposed to.
Except for the right of girls and women to compete only against other women.

Except for the right of women to have privacy from men in their locker rooms and bathrooms. Funny that, huh, given you were so gungho about privacy rights.

You see where I'm going with this.
Thank you

We see it as a human right. Women are the actual human beings and it's their decision whether they want to remain pregnant or not, especially in early pregnancy, before there's a fetus or a developing fetus that can exist outside of the womb. I don't just see a woman's right to abort the pregnancy as an essential human right for women, but I also see the so-called "pro-life" advocates as hypocritical. They claim to be pro-life but then support government policies that undermine a single mother's access to healthcare and all of the resources she needs to adequately provide for her children. If the so-called "pro-lifers", were actually more concerned for single mothers and their children, rather than just the life of fetuses, I would consider their point of view on the value of life in the womb more seriously. But they seem not to give a hoot about life outside of the womb, it's mostly the life of embryos and fetuses that they're concerned with so I will never accept criminalizing abortion while they continue undermining a single mother's ability to raise her children.

If we had a strong, well-developed social safety net for the working class, including single mothers, maybe we could compromise on the issue of abortion and limit it to when a woman is raped or to avoid a health crisis or medical emergency. But, as long as the pro-life people continue advancing neo-liberal, capitalist policies that hurt the working class, leftists like me will never agree to ban abortions. You have to start being more considerate towards single mothers, women in general, and the working class before I take your pro-life stance seriously and worthy of my consideration. A woman's well-being, healthwise, financially..etc, will always take precedence over the supposed interests and prerogatives of zygotes, embryos, and fetuses.
I'll say it again. Making children wards of the state does not equal compassion, decency, or regard for life. Why is that the only option for leftwingers other than abortion?

Should the government force parents to give one of their healthy kidneys to their children if one of them is in need of a new kidney? Aren't parents legally responsible for the welfare, health, and safety of their children? Following your line of reasoning, if their children need a kidney, the parents should be forced to save their child's life with a new kidney. Obviously, that would be a really bad law, if the government was forcing people to give away their kidneys, even if it's given to their own children. It should be a choice, not a government mandate. Likewise, why should a woman be forced by the government to gestate an embryo that is attached to her uterus (her body)? You can disingenuously assert that an embryo or unviable fetus is a child, but it's not.

An embryo:

Is not the equivalent of this:

And before you pretend to be so concerned about life in wombs, perhaps you should care more for life outside of the womb and be more careful when electing politicians that support policies that do this to children:

Many of these Christian conservatives are ironically pro-war, pro-economic sanctions against developing countries, and pro-everything that is the very opposite of "pro-life". Before you start making demands about how women should treat the embryos and fetuses attached to their uteruses, you should demand your conservative politicians stop bleeding the world dry for the sake of profits and power. Democrats are just as bad, I condemn both the right and the American liberals for all of the above destruction. Your "pro-life" stance is marred, and completely nullified when you support all of the above.

Exactly the same except in stage of development. EXACTLY the same.

Because it’s about women having control over their own lives.
so why don't the women stop fking since they know the possibility exists? Isn't that control?

You've offered up nothing but excuses, no rational thought.

That's a myth. Lots of children wind up in foster care.
Just because kids are in foster care doesn't mean parents have surrendered all rights to them. My wife is a CASA volunteer. Drugged-up parents can tie up these cases for years.

so why don't the women stop fking since they know the possibility exists? Isn't that control?

You've offered up nothing but excuses, no rational thought.
Do you think that’s a rationale that will appeal to women?

“It’s all your fault”?

Keep it up retard

Forum List

Back