What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question I've Always Wondered: Why is the Left So Adamant about Abortion Remaining Legal?

Mashmont

Platinum Member
Reaction score
For decades, I have wondered why the the leftist leaders fights tooth and nail to keep abortion legal.
There's the reason they put forth, that they care about women's health which is obviously nonsense. Camouflage to hide the real reason.

But what IS the real reason?

1) Is it money? Is it driven by the billion dollar abortion mill industry led by PP?
2) Is it political power? Does the left think blacks value abortion so much, they have to fight to keep it legal in exchange for votes? I find it hard to believe abortion would be THAT important to blacks.
3) Is it a ideological, meaning is it a tool of the Marxist left to create the notion that devaluing human life is acceptable, thereby setting the table for a Marxist takeover?

I'm really not sure. Does anyone know the answer?

Last edited:

kyzr

Diamond Member
Reaction score
1652789967855.png
The answer is "NO"!!

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Forced gestation by the barrel of a gun is immoral and tyrannical

OP
M

Mashmont

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Forced gestation by the barrel of a gun is immoral and tyrannical
Since the left doesn't care about immorality or tyranny, that's obviously not it. What's specifically the REAL reason? It has to be based on power and/or money.

surada

Diamond Member
Reaction score
For decades, I have wondered why the the leftist leaders fights tooth and nail to keep abortion legal.
There's the reason they put forth, that they care about women's health which is obviously nonsense. Camouflage to hide the real reason.

1) Is it money? Is it driven by the billion dollar abortion mill industry led by PP?
2) Is it political power? Does the left think blacks value abortion so much, they have to fight to keep it legal in exchange for votes? I find it hard to believe abortion would be THAT important to blacks.
3) Is it a ideological, meaning is it a tool of the Marxist left to create the notion that devaluing human life is acceptable, thereby setting the table for a Marxist takeover?

Because no child should be unwanted.

kyzr

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Since the left doesn't care about immorality or tyranny, that's obviously not it. What's specifically the REAL reason? It has to be based on power and/or money.
Nope. The answer is "convenience".
Having a baby means your life is no longer yours...

martybegan

Diamond Member
Reaction score

To me most progressive policies are a combination of denying responsibility and reality, coupled with a vehement belief only their views matter.

In the denying responsibility category:

1. Made poor life decisions and have a shitty job? Mandate pay above a person's economic value
2. Got pregnant because of irresponsibility? Abortion.
3. Commit crimes because you are lazy or an asshole? It's because of systemic racism
4. If you kill someone with a gun it's the gun's fault, not yours, (except for white mass shooters)

In the denying reality category:

1. Heterosexuality is not the human default, there is no human default
2. Saying you are another gender makes you that other gender
3. Spending more money fixes everything
4. Everyone who is white is racist, and minorities can't be racist

In the only my views matter category

1. Anyone with a view different than mine has no right to broadcast that view
2. Your speech is violence, my violence is speech.
3. If I can't stop you from speaking, those in power must stop you from speaking.

I can go on but you get the idea.

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Reaction score

surada

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Then give it up for adoption.
Not all children are adopted and foster care is usually poor. Women have many valid reasons for not carrying an unwanted pregnancy to term. Many are unwanted accidents. In any case we don't get to play God. In ancient times unwanted infants were exposed to the elements if the tribe couldn't feed them.

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Reaction score
OP
M

Mashmont

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I thought that was the reason the right was against it. Goodness knows it has nothing to do with caring about human life or any sort of moral high ground.
So baby killers care about human life or morality? Stop being absurd. I am asking for the REAL REASON.

JoeMoma

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Preventing the birth of a person is often the compassionate thing to do!

(Sarcasm Alert)

OP
M

Mashmont

Platinum Member
Reaction score
To me most progressive policies are a combination of denying responsibility and reality, coupled with a vehement belief only their views matter.

In the denying responsibility category:

1. Made poor life decisions and have a shitty job? Mandate pay above a person's economic value
2. Got pregnant because of irresponsibility? Abortion.
3. Commit crimes because you are lazy or an asshole? It's because of systemic racism
4. If you kill someone with a gun it's the gun's fault, not yours, (except for white mass shooters)

In the denying reality category:

1. Heterosexuality is not the human default, there is no human default
2. Saying you are another gender makes you that other gender
3. Spending more money fixes everything
4. Everyone who is white is racist, and minorities can't be racist

In the only my views matter category

1. Anyone with a view different than mine has no right to broadcast that view
2. Your speech is violence, my violence is speech.
3. If I can't stop you from speaking, those in power must stop you from speaking.

I can go on but you get the idea.
I agree with those things, but I am looking for the real nuts-and-bolts reason the Marxist leadership pushes abortion more than any other issue. Unwavering at all times. It has to be related to their power and control, but I can't fully see how abortion figures into that.

Jets

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Because people have strong opinions on bodily autonomy.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$115.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List