Question I've Always Wondered: Why is the Left So Adamant about Abortion Remaining Legal?

For decades, I have wondered why the the leftist leaders fights tooth and nail to keep abortion legal.
There's the reason they put forth, that they care about women's health which is obviously nonsense. Camouflage to hide the real reason.

But what IS the real reason?

1) Is it money? Is it driven by the billion dollar abortion mill industry led by PP?
2) Is it political power? Does the left think blacks value abortion so much, they have to fight to keep it legal in exchange for votes? I find it hard to believe abortion would be THAT important to blacks.
3) Is it a ideological, meaning is it a tool of the Marxist left to create the notion that devaluing human life is acceptable, thereby setting the table for a Marxist takeover?

I'm really not sure. Does anyone know the answer?
Freedom of choice.

Why, if you are pro-life, aren't you advocating that all Americans be FORCED to be organ donors if they die? Right now, you want dead people to have more body autonomy than women.

For decades, I have wondered why the the leftist leaders fights tooth and nail to keep abortion legal.
There's the reason they put forth, that they care about women's health which is obviously nonsense. Camouflage to hide the real reason.

1) Is it money? Is it driven by the billion dollar abortion mill industry led by PP?
2) Is it political power? Does the left think blacks value abortion so much, they have to fight to keep it legal in exchange for votes? I find it hard to believe abortion would be THAT important to blacks.
3) Is it a ideological, meaning is it a tool of the Marxist left to create the notion that devaluing human life is acceptable, thereby setting the table for a Marxist takeover?

It's because the left aren't trying to run people's lives with the bible. It's not the same thing you all think it is. You think that each fetus lives only one life then goes to heaven or hell. The rest of us think otherwise, like myself, I see the soul being eternal and using several vessels (bodies) through time. So an abortion is a nothingburger to me.

babies feel pain and smile way before the third trimester, the also move and recognize their mother's voice. you are incorrect.
Lets not have moot discussions.

You and OP don't recognize the right to abortion at ANY stage of pregnancy, with or without pains and smiles, so whats the point of wasting everyone's time?

You are conflating 2 very different issues. To make an somewhat of an analogy, I am against you being murdered but that doesn't mean I should be on the hook for providing all your needs such as food and shelter. That being said, many people that are against abortion give to charities that support pregnant women and help provide for their needs and the needs to their children, born and preborn.

Bottom line, it is not a contradiction to be against abortion which many view as killing a human life and also being against government being a welfare state.

You are against murder but are cool with kids starving to death once they are born.

Got it!

makes perfect sense

I think that the stance of the 'pro-life" folks take after the baby exits the womb shows they do not really care about it at all.
You probably don't realize this talking point originated from drunken druggie George Carlin in his monologue from "Back in Town", 1996. It was never said before then.
And it has never been borne out by any facts or statistics. You just as well get marching orders from a homeless bum living downtown over a grate.

The reason is that this is not a person who's rights over-ride people's right to choose when to have a children, let alone their right to make healthcare choices for themselves.

Zygote1.jpg

At some point of development it may become a person and we can have a discussion when that happens, but you don't seem to be even aware of this minimal position.
Sorry, but your arbitrary opinion on so-called "personhood" is a meaningless unscientific baseless diversion for those trying to justify killing a living growing human being.

"magic"? It's not magic, it's biology that people that compiled and advanced theological concepts had zero clue about.

To me there is no person to speak of without some minimal higher brain function and sensory that develops in the third trimester.
What is the biological moment?

Eugenics

Leftists refuse to take responsibility for their actions. They want to be able to have unprotected sex at will, and if the result is a child they want to be able to have it ripped to pieces so they don’t have to take responsibility for their actions.
Right. I understand that, but I am looking for a nuts-and-bolts reason the Marxists pushing this are so steadfast. They obviously see it as necessary to gain or maintain power over people, but I'm not sure how, whether it be to get people comfortable with dehumanization, or to weaken the family, or because they think blacks folks demand it.

I think it has something to do with a woman's right to choose to abort her pregnancy, not that I believe they have that right.
I don't think the left cares or thinks about rights. Or women. Especially since maybe half of women call themselves "pro-choice" and not "pro-life"

Freedom of choice.

Why, if you are pro-life, aren't you advocating that all Americans be FORCED to be organ donors if they die? Right now, you want dead people to have more body autonomy than women.
The Marxist left doesn't give a crap about freedom of choice.
Your analogy makes no sense. What does donating of organs have to do with killing little babies?

A person is a human being whose life began at the moment of conception.

So, each and every frozen embryo at an IFV facility are human beings and those responsible for keeping them frozen should be arrested and jailed?

It's because the left aren't trying to run people's lives with the bible. It's not the same thing you all think it is. You think that each fetus lives only one life then goes to heaven or hell. The rest of us think otherwise, like myself, I see the soul being eternal and using several vessels (bodies) through time. So an abortion is a nothingburger to me.
All the left does is try to run people's lives.

The rest of whom thinks people have many lives? The majority certainly doesn't.

Forum List

Back