Question I've Always Wondered: Why is the Left So Adamant about Abortion Remaining Legal?

Neither side of the debate cares about human life or morality, it is just a convenient issue to use to divide the nation.

You believe that pro-life folks simply want the government to have more control rather than protecting human life? I don’t think you have fully thought that through. More government control is most certainly a tenant of the Democratic Party.

I agree with those things, but I am looking for the real nuts-and-bolts reason the Marxist leadership pushes abortion more than any other issue. Unwavering at all times. It has to be related to their power and control, but I can't fully see how abortion figures into that.

The current "all or nothing" approach is in response to losing their 50 year unfair advantage over the argument.

Not all children are adopted and foster care is usually poor. Women have many valid reasons for not carrying an unwanted pregnancy to term. Many are unwanted accidents. In any case we don't get to play God. In ancient times unwanted infants were exposed to the elements if the tribe couldn't feed them.
Virtually all new born babies are adopted.

Liberalism is a pessimistic ideology based on the ideal of scarcity and how much of a burden each individual is.

Au contraire, conservatism is optimistic and looks at each person from what they can do instead of how much they cost society.

That's the reason for libs being so hot to trot for the abortion racket.

The late great Italian theologian, Padre Pio, had an Italian broad confess her sins to him during her day. The gal didn't know abortion was a sin. As Pio explained to her, the baby she had killed was destined to be a great Pope and would have cleaned up the whole RCC but won't be able to since he was killed in the womb.

When they tally up the millions just in America that have been aborted, how many were destined to create cures for cancer or other serious disease, maybe invent new forms of clean fuel, etc., but never got the chance. Libs don't see it however, they just see these babies as an expense.

Liberalism is a pessimistic ideology based on the ideal of scarcity and how much of a burden each individual is.

Au contraire, conservatism is optimistic and looks at each person from what they can do instead of how much they cost society.

That's the reason for libs being so hot to trot for the abortion racket.

The late great Italian theologian, Padre Pio, had an Italian broad confess her sins to him during her day. The gal didn't know abortion was a sin. As Pio explained to her, the baby she had killed was destined to be a great Pope and would have cleaned up the whole RCC but won't be able to since he was killed in the womb.

When they tally up the millions just in America that have been aborted, how many were destined to create cures for cancer or other serious disease, maybe invent new forms of clean fuel, etc., but never got the chance. Libs don't see it however, they just see these babies as an expense.
Conservatives are waiting on the rapture to solve their problems.

You believe that pro-life folks simply want the government to have more control rather than protecting human life? I don’t think you have fully thought that through. More government control is most certainly a tenant of the Democratic Party.

It is the tenant of both parties, they might only differ on which parts they want to control.

I think that the stance of the 'pro-life" folks take after the baby exits the womb shows they do not really care about it at all.

For decades, I have wondered why the the leftist leaders fights tooth and nail to keep abortion legal.
There's the reason they put forth, that they care about women's health which is obviously nonsense. Camouflage to hide the real reason.

But what IS the real reason?

1) Is it money? Is it driven by the billion dollar abortion mill industry led by PP?
2) Is it political power? Does the left think blacks value abortion so much, they have to fight to keep it legal in exchange for votes? I find it hard to believe abortion would be THAT important to blacks.
3) Is it a ideological, meaning is it a tool of the Marxist left to create the notion that devaluing human life is acceptable, thereby setting the table for a Marxist takeover?

I'm really not sure. Does anyone know the answer?

The reason is that this is not a person who's rights over-ride people's right to choose when to have a children, let alone their right to make healthcare choices for themselves.

Zygote1.jpg

At some point of development it may become a person and we can have a discussion when that happens, but you don't seem to be even aware of this minimal position.

Last edited:
For decades, I have wondered why the the leftist leaders fights tooth and nail to keep abortion legal.
There's the reason they put forth, that they care about women's health which is obviously nonsense. Camouflage to hide the real reason.

1) Is it money? Is it driven by the billion dollar abortion mill industry led by PP?
2) Is it political power? Does the left think blacks value abortion so much, they have to fight to keep it legal in exchange for votes? I find it hard to believe abortion would be THAT important to blacks.
3) Is it a ideological, meaning is it a tool of the Marxist left to create the notion that devaluing human life is acceptable, thereby setting the table for a Marxist takeover?

Leftists refuse to take responsibility for their actions. They want to be able to have unprotected sex at will, and if the result is a child they want to be able to have it ripped to pieces so they don’t have to take responsibility for their actions.

I think that the stance of the 'pro-life" folks take after the baby exits the womb shows they do not really care about it at all.
You are conflating 2 very different issues. To make an somewhat of an analogy, I am against you being murdered but that doesn't mean I should be on the hook for providing all your needs such as food and shelter. That being said, many people that are against abortion give to charities that support pregnant women and help provide for their needs and the needs to their children, born and preborn.

Bottom line, it is not a contradiction to be against abortion which many view as killing a human life and also being against government being a welfare state.

The reason is that this is not a person who's rights over-ride women's right to choose when to have a children.

Zygote1.jpg

At some point of development it may become a person and we can have a discussion when that happens, but you don't seem to be even aware of this minimal position.
If not at conception, what is the magic moment that a human organism develops into a person?

I think its all of the above, but our resident libs will certainly disagree.

If not at conception, what is the magic moment that a human organism develops into a person?
"magic"? It's not magic, it's biology that people that compiled and advanced theological concepts had zero clue about.

To me there is no person to speak of without some minimal higher brain function and sensory that develops in the third trimester.

Last edited:
The reason is that this is not a person who's rights over-ride people's right to choose when to have a children, let alone their right to make healthcare choices for themselves.

Zygote1.jpg

ok, at what precise instant does that fertilized egg become a human being? be very specific if you can

I think it has something to do with a woman's right to choose to abort her pregnancy, not that I believe they have that right.

Forum List

Back