Question for the left

Not about revenge. It's about the next time this happens..which could be as soon as next year.
Send the message now and make actions like January 6th unacceptable...or the next time, it may actually succeed.
You must not have a lot of faith in our strength if you think we might lose it all that easily.

I personally think Trump was hoping the mob could delay it enough that his legal team/supporters in Congress could find a way to stop it. I think if Pence had given in and not done his job Trump would have supported it 100% and refused to leave office. Trump cares only about Trump, nothing else.

You need to look back at the language he and his surrogates used between the election and Jan 6th, not just one tweet from the day.

Take your meds, Biden Loon

I just don't think Donald Trump would have actually tried to take over through force.

Depends how you characterize force
He tried to use his presidential power to intimidate local election officials. He tried to intimidate his Vice President to ignore the Constitution. He tried to use his hand picked judges to overturn the election.

His TRUMPmob was an attempt to intimidate Congress from doing its job.

Republicans are quick to move on from Jan 6
The outrage they showed on the night of Jan 6 was quickly replaced by pandering to Trump, covering for his misdeeds, rewriting the events of that day and refusing to investigate it.
That's because most of them know that not only was Trump and a lot of his closest supporters involved in coordinating the events of that day, but there were Republican Representatives and Senators who were also complicit in what happened that day. THAT'S what they don't want the commission investigating. This will be a terrible look for the Republican party. But at this point, it looks like there is little they can do to stop the oncoming train. This is going to get ugly. Whether it's enough to move the needle for 2022, we'll see.

Take your meds, Biden Loon

Biden suck as much as Trump, that does not change waht Trump did.

you folks that think one has to support one of the other are just so boring these days.

When will you get it though your little sheep brains not all of us live in one of the two sheep pens?

I often hear people talk about January 6th as if it was Trump's attempt to overthrow our republic.

Do you really think he would have done that? Let's say crazy right wingers had taken a bunch of politicians hostage and shit had really hit the fan in Washington. How many of you believe Trump would actually have endorsed that? Because if Trump hadn't been willing to do that our republic could not have actually been in danger of being overthrown, right? He would have had to endorse political force and take charge of that attack.

2:39 p.m. Trump tweets: “Please support our Capitol Police and Law Enforcement. They are truly on the side of our Country. Stay peaceful!

Does that seem like the language of a man that was ready to start killing people and taking over the government by force?
Wait.........wut?

We were almost taking over by Vikings!

Besides, the Left rightly pointed out Trump is Hitler and as such I simply could not tolerate his world wars he started and the mass Jewish genocide thingy.

Trump is the scariest monster this world has ever produced.

Not only that, he sleeps under your bed at night.

Maybe. I don't know about all of that. I just know I don't think Trump would go through with an insurrection.

Do people normally carry wood and hammers and nails and nooses with them?

But he would go through with a delay long enough for him to try something else.

He would go through with letting his supporters scare the Repubs into going along with his desire for them to not follow their constitutional duties.

But he would go through with a delay long enough for him to try something else.

He would go through with letting his supporters scare the Repubs into going along with his desire for them to not follow their constitutional duties.
I think he's as pushy and intimidating as he can be without putting himself in real danger. I think Trump is a coward at the end of the day.

How do you get him in court with this?

Forum List

Back