Question for the left

I often hear people talk about January 6th as if it was Trump's attempt to overthrow our republic.

Do you really think he would have done that? Let's say crazy right wingers had taken a bunch of politicians hostage and shit had really hit the fan in Washington. How many of you believe Trump would actually have endorsed that? Because if Trump hadn't been willing to do that our republic could not have actually been in danger of being overthrown, right? He would have had to endorse political force and take charge of that attack.

2:39 p.m. Trump tweets: “Please support our Capitol Police and Law Enforcement. They are truly on the side of our Country. Stay peaceful!

Does that seem like the language of a man that was ready to start killing people and taking over the government by force?
Trump’s plan was to have Pence not count the electoral votes (or count “alternate” non-certified votes), enable some state legislatures to vote down their own electors and replace them with their own choosing, reconvene Congress and count the “new” votes, thereby illegitimately taking control of government. Yes, it would prompt a court review, but given Republicans were able to pack the SCOTUS, he was hopeful for a good outcome.

Pence had refused. The rally (or riot) was a means to compel him through pressure. .

i think he was desperate to stay in office, because now he's totally exposed to the investigations going on
I think it's a delusion of the left to believe a billionaire ex-president will be punished in any meaningful way before his death.

Lets be real.

If the Trump supporters had wanted to take over the government and restore the Constitution back in January then it would have been done and there wouldn't have been nothing these stupid pussy Moon Bats could have done about it.

There would have been a real insurrection instead of a four hour protest of a stolen election and a couple of overthrown benches.

why did it take several hours for him to finally do this half assed attempt to calm things down?

why didn't he get the NG in there to protect the capital & congress critters?

He cant just call in the national Guard. He asked DC to send in thousands of troops, but they rejected it, apparently.

Lets be real.

If the Trump supporters had wanted to take over the government and restore the Constitution back in January then it would have been done and there wouldn't have been nothing these stupid pussy Moon Bats could have done about it.

There would have been a real insurrection instead of a four hour protest of a stolen election and a couple of overthrown benches.
That was fairly peaceful as far as insurrections go, I must admit. haha

Trump’s plan was to have Pence not count the electoral votes (or count “alternate” non-certified votes), enable some state legislatures to vote down their own electors and replace them with their own choosing, reconvene Congress and count the “new” votes, thereby illegitimately taking control of government. Yes, it would prompt a court review, but given Republicans were able to pack the SCOTUS, he was hopeful for a good outcome.

Pence had refused. The rally (or riot) was a means to compel him through pressure. .

HEY! Look over there !!!

Democrats are issuing illegals drivers licenses so they can VOTE ! (hmmmmm...open borders)
Democrats are preventing election monitors from observing the process
Democrats are ignoring the will of the people and installing Czars (see California's record on Public referendums)
Democrats perverting the election process in every conceivable way.

But wait....democrat massive true election fraud.....nothing to see here....move along....let's get back on focus (TRUMP)

I often hear people talk about January 6th as if it was Trump's attempt to overthrow our republic.

Do you really think he would have done that?
I think Trump was trying to overturn a lawful election

He sent the TRUMPmob not to capture Congressmen but to intimidate Congress and sending a message to Republican Congressmen that they needed to disallow the EVs from close elections.
He also tried to specifically intimidate his Vice President to not accept the vote

Then, he sat back and watched the TRUMPmob do his bidding

The real "insurrection" was the goddamn Negroes and Communists spending six months rioting, burning, looting, destroying and murdering in over 200 American cities.

Of course the filthy ass Left don't want to admit it.

I think it's a delusion of the left to believe a billionaire ex-president will be punished in any meaningful way before his death.

first of all - you don't actually KNOW if he's a billionaire - he never shows his taxes, remember? oh he'll never make it to 2024 because he'll probably stroke out by then with a big mac shoved down his gullet. but hey... there's always hope. both bernie madoff & al capone come to mind..........................

Do you really think he would have done that? Let's say crazy right wingers had taken a bunch of politicians hostage and shit had really hit the fan in Washington. How many of you believe Trump would actually have endorsed that? Because if Trump hadn't been willing to do that our republic could not have actually been in danger of being overthrown, right? He would have had to endorse political force and take charge of that attack.

2:39 p.m. Trump tweets: “Please support our Capitol Police and Law Enforcement. They are truly on the side of our Country. Stay peaceful!

Does that seem like the language of a man that was ready to start killing people and taking over the government by force?
Yes. I do. And I believe he helped coordinate it as well. In additon to exploring every way to overturn the election. Eastman's confession was the cherry on top of that ice cream sundae.
I don't care what he said after the siege was already underway. This is what he said at the Ellipse.

"And after this, we're going to walk down there, and I'll be there with you, we're going to walk down ... to the Capitol and we are going to cheer on our brave senators and congressmen and women," Trump told the crowd. "And we're probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them. Because you'll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength and you have to be strong."

And then he slunk back to the White House to watch it all unfold on TV. Aides said at the time, he was "giddy". He knew exactly what was happening and what the result of his speech would be.
And yes, had they thrown out the election that day, he would have accepted it and you may as well have just shredded the Constitution and Declaration of Independence...because neither document
would have meant anything ever again.

first of all - you don't actually KNOW if he's a billionaire - he never shows his taxes, remember?
Yeah, I guess that's true. There are also airplanes and giant towers with his name on them though. He's a pretty wealthy person, and easily one of the most famous people in the world.
oh he'll never make it to 2024 because he'll probably stroke out by then with a big mac shoved down his gullet. but hey... there's always hope
I think it's a waste of energy.

I think Trump was trying to overturn a lawful election
I think Trump was/is actually convinced that he got cheated.
He sent the TRUMPmob not to capture Congressmen but to intimidate Congress and sending a message to Republican Congressmen that they needed to disallow the EVs from close elections.
He also tried to specifically intimidate his Vice President to not accept the vote

Then, he sat back and watched the TRUMPmob do his bidding
I can respect this line of reasoning. What should be done now, and how will we accomplish those things? What could the consequences of those things be? A lot of angry people support Donald Trump. Do we really want to kick that hornet nest?

That you didn't write this about Trump AND Biden, shows what a dedicated political hack ass clown YOU are.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! when you can show links & re-por-tage how joe biden mobbed up a huge crowd of frothy mouthed nutters & tried to overthrow the election by storming the capital etc etc etc...

then we'll talk, m'k?

ba bye now.

Yeah, I guess that's true. There are also airplanes and giant towers with his name on them though. He's a pretty wealthy person, and easily one of the most famous people in the world.

I think it's a waste of energy.

uh-huh .... i smell a ^^^ troll post ^^^.............

HEY! Look over there !!!

Democrats are issuing illegals drivers licenses so they can VOTE ! (hmmmmm...open borders)
Democrats are preventing election monitors from observing the process
Democrats are ignoring the will of the people and installing Czars (see California's record on Public referendums)
Democrats perverting the election process in every conceivable way.

But wait....democrat massive true election fraud.....nothing to see here....move along....let's get back on focus (TRUMP)
You guys literally attempted to trash the votes of the people because they voted wrong.

GFY

Forum List

Back