question for older NFL fans about terry bradshaw

Steelers: Super Bowl X NFL’s Best Ever

21-10 late in the 4th quarter of Super Bowl X. Courtesy bing images.

Edwards and Edwards pins Richards head to the ground with his knees. Richards is injured and jaws with the Steelers defense as he walks off the field. Richards doesn’t return. Pittsburgh takes possession with over 4 minutes left. On a 3rd and 4 Tom Brookshier says:

Was Edwards that did it.......and after watching some videos..........Blount was famous for the elbow and forearm to the head.............Only reason they weren't considered the dirtiest of the time.........was because of Oakland........But the sport was different back then.........BRUTAL.

Bradshaw was one of the greatest, and in my opinion the greatest. What most forget is that Bradshaw called his own plays. He called his own plays and won 4 Super Bowls. What other quarterback has accomplished this?

Why is he is not talked about like Joe Montana and also has 4 SB rings and no losses?
Possibly because his overall stats weren't that impressive or eye-opening. He didn't pass for that much yardage or touchdowns compared to other Hall of Fame QB's, but he WAS a terrific leader on the field and a WINNER. He's in MY top ten NFL QB's all-time. In fact, here are my top ten - 1) Tom Brady 2) Joe Montana 3) Drew Brees 4) Peyton Manning 5) Dan Marino 6) Brett Favre 7) Johnny Unitas 8) Terry Bradshaw 9) John Elway and 10) Dan Fouts.
I pretty much agree with your list. I’d maybe go Staubach over Fouts and move a few up or down but that pretty much nails it.

Why is he is not talked about like Joe Montana and also has 4 SB rings and no losses?

Several reasons-and their all hall of gamers- Franco Harris, Lynn Swann, John Stalworth, Mike Webster, and a little thing called the Steel Curtain defense with hall of farmers Mel Blount, Joe Greene, Jack Ham and Jack Lambert. Oh yes, and hall of fame coach Chuck Knoll.

Montana didn’t have the help of as many hall of famers.
Montana did have a guy called Jerry Rice. If you tried to stop Rice, Montana would kill you with John Taylor or Roger Craig out of the backfield.

Bradshaw, Lynn Swann and Franco were overshadowed by the Steel Curtain defense which was possibly the best of all time.
The Bears defense from the mid to late 80's was quite impressive, as well. The Bears '85 defense is possibly THE best defense for a season. But the Steelers defense WAS great for more years than the Bears.
The 85 Bears team was insane. They were so good, they made their own music video instead of practicing and still destroyed the Patriots.

For about three years, that Bears Defense was the best I ever saw. Downright scary. You feared for the other team, especially the QB. You would see the terror in his eyes.

I have been a Steelers fan all my life, including the years of Bradshaw.
He was a very solid QB. But what you have to remember about the Steelers is, to this day, they are a team that invest heavily in defense. A defense that physically and mentally exhausts the opponent, and demoralizes them after fighting so hard and have nothing to show for it.
The glory of the Bradshaw era, wasn't Bradshaw. It was Bradshaw, highly talented receivers and a defense that held opponents to their lowest scoring game of the season when they played the Steelers.

Because he is not playing today. In the day.........he was talked about all the time.........The Steel Curtain versus Roger Stawback in the finals..............
Was very big back in the day.
When I was a kid growing up in Toledo, Ohio I was naturally a Detroit Lions fan and a Cleveland Browns fan.

Toledo Mud Hens fan and A Toledo Goaldiggers fan ...But WTF why were there so many Pittsburgh Steeler fanatics here in Ohio? WTF?

I became a Dallas Cowboy fan because of the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders. They were so fucking hot! I subscribed to Dallas Cowboys Official Weekly. And always taped the centerfolds of the cheerleaders on my bedroom walls.

The Steelers didn't even have cheerleaders.

So logically the only reason anyone would be a Steeler fan is because they are fags. Period
You were probably a delicate little boy who wanted to grow up to be a cheerleader.
:cuckoo:

Yup, that's the most likely reason that a horny kid would tape posters of those Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders in their tiny white shorts on the walls of his bedroom.

You are a fucking idiot.
You are from Toledo. I win.
Where is the NFLHOF?Where did Tatum go to Ohio State?

I have been a Steelers fan all my life, including the years of Bradshaw.
He was a very solid QB. But what you have to remember about the Steelers is, to this day, they are a team that invest heavily in defense. A defense that physically and mentally exhausts the opponent, and demoralizes them after fighting so hard and have nothing to show for it.
The glory of the Bradshaw era, wasn't Bradshaw. It was Bradshaw, highly talented receivers and a defense that held opponents to their lowest scoring game of the season when they played the Steelers.
Those Steeler teams won four Championships in six years. People forget they faced some damn good competition with the Dolphins and Raiders. Also the Cowboys of that era were very good.
Bradshaw ran a good offense. But the offense centered on Franco Harris not the passing game. Some point out that Bradshaw’s stats were not that great but it was a different era than today. The passing game changed with the 49ers and rule changes to take away defensive coverage.

Ohio is the birthplace of the NFL. Google the Canton Bulldogs. The Toledo Troopers had longest undefeated winning streak in the history of pro football

So fuck you

i used to play footballl
Because he is not playing today. In the day.........he was talked about all the time.........The Steel Curtain versus Roger Stawback in the finals..............
When I was a kid growing up in Toledo, Ohio I was naturally a Detroit Lions fan and a Cleveland Browns fan.

Toledo Mud Hens fan and A Toledo Goaldiggers fan ...But WTF why were there so many Pittsburgh Steeler fanatics here in Ohio? WTF?

I became a Dallas Cowboy fan because of the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders. They were so fucking hot! I subscribed to Dallas Cowboys Official Weekly. And always taped the centerfolds of the cheerleaders on my bedroom walls.

So logically the only reason anyone would be a Steeler fan is because they are fags. Period
You were probably a delicate little boy who wanted to grow up to be a cheerleader.

Yup, that's the most likely reason that a horny kid would tape posters of those Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders in their tiny white shorts on the walls of his bedroom.

You are a fucking idiot.

did I forget to mention, fuck you asshole.

You are a fucking idiot.
Yes

I played football in Canton a few times in high school. We were in the All American Conference with Canton McKinley.I know the history.

I played football in Canton a few times in high school. We were in the All American Conference with Canton McKinley.I know the history.
We may have bumped heads a few times.
Very possible.
Did you get stabbed in the knee with an ice pick?

if that was you I sincerely apologise.
The only Toledo school I remember playing against was Toledo Scott.

i played against Scott alll the time. they were rivals. Even when there was not a scheduled game we would ride our bikes to go challenge them. And that was when you could get shot for playing football with negros.

My how times have changed.

Last edited:
Possibly because his overall stats weren't that impressive or eye-opening. He didn't pass for that much yardage or touchdowns compared to other Hall of Fame QB's, but he WAS a terrific leader on the field and a WINNER. He's in MY top ten NFL QB's all-time. In fact, here are my top ten - 1) Tom Brady 2) Joe Montana 3) Drew Brees 4) Peyton Manning 5) Dan Marino 6) Brett Favre 7) Johnny Unitas 8) Terry Bradshaw 9) John Elway and 10) Dan Fouts.
I would have put Ken Stabler on that list. In the late 70s, he had the highest pass completion % of ANY quarterback, since Sammy Baugh in the 1940s.,

Stabler was helped by perhaps the greatest offensive line in NFL history.

Forum List

Back