Question for Libs/Progressives

LockeJaw

VIP Member
Mar 18, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
I noticed something out of the blue recently reading some lib/prog posts here, wondering if anyone else noticed- That regardless whether Lib/progs in public dismiss the differences in race & IQ, claiming the various researchers are conservative racists & that is why they came to the conclusions they did..deep down they accept the science, as can be seen by their policies that favor minorities because they view us, particularly blacks..as somewhat mentally challenged. Me myself, I don't buy IQ tests as the end all and be all way to measure intelligence, but I do not dispute our communities shortcomings on these tests..I see it more as a nurture over nature thing for the most part.

Anyway, a Lot of lib/progs have been throwing the phrase "White Privilege" around lately. I'm curious, what exactly that privilege is in their minds? Is it simply being the majority group here or is it Whites have an higher IQ than blacks & mestizos on average? They throw it out there with practically no explanation most of the time. So what's the deal, lib/progs?

I agree with Thomas Sowell in that he feels culture has an effect on lower IQ scores of blacks. As far as liberals I feel a big reason why they always seem to favor blacks is white guilt and they feel whites are superior to blacks.

I agree with Thomas Sowell in that he feels culture has an effect on lower IQ scores of blacks. As far as liberals I feel a big reason why they always seem to favor blacks is white guilt and they feel whites are superior to blacks.

Exactly. I just want to hear their reasoning, since Ive never heard a one give me their interpretation of white privilege yet they love throwing the word around.

If I don't know what a word or phrase means, I do some research.

HTH

I see you'd rather be a dumb ass(not a smart ass, since you did not answer the question but gave a snide response with no substance instead)than give me your definition of a word I have seen you and several others use here. Let's see if you can understand and then answer if I put it more simply,

BDBOop, lib/prog, what is YOUR understanding of the meaning behind the phrase "white privilege"? Don't be scared now...

I have no quilt as I am part Native American Cherokee...Do you folks have a guilt complex over the Trail of Tears?

I have no quilt as I am part Native American Cherokee...Do you folks have a guilt complex over the Trail of Tears?

No because I wasn't alive and did nothing wrong.

No because I wasn't alive and did nothing wrong.

Neither did I, so no need for the white guilt trip...there are more important concerns in my world..

It's not about guilt, but fanning the flames of racial division. White guilt fell off after the OJ trial, they had to come up with another BS theme to rap white people over the head with, hence...White Privelege. Only a self loathing black or self loathing white liberal would put this lame idea out for public consumption, there ain't a black man I know that accepts this idea unless he has been politicized by leftist nonsense. Your average black man finds the idea offensive, just as I do, as a black man.

Last edited:

HTH

I see you'd rather be a dumb ass(not a smart ass, since you did not answer the question but gave a snide response with no substance instead)than give me your definition of a word I have seen you and several others use here. Let's see if you can understand and then answer if I put it more simply,

BDBOop, lib/prog, what is YOUR understanding of the meaning behind the phrase "white privilege"? Don't be scared now...

That wasn't a snide response at all. Seek knowledge, since wisdom is apparently off-limits to you.

It's not about guilt, but fanning the flames of racial division. White guilt fell off after the OJ trial, they had to come up with another BS theme to rap white people over the head with, hence...White Privelege. Only a self loathing black or self loathing white liberal would put this lame idea out for public consumption, they're ain't a black man I know that accepts this idea unless he has been politicized by leftist nonsense. Your average black man finds the idea offensive, just as I do, as a black man.

Good for you, remember that their are extremist and fanatics which fan these flame. They need to be ignored and they will go away..

Hi LockeJaw: The White Privilege that I see as causing the greatest innate disparity
is experience with LAND OWNERSHIP, that affects relations with business, government and law.
(while the most divisive issues preventing collaboration on corrections
are either by GENDER and patriarchal politics, or by party rhetoric dividing people of the same race by CLASS.)

It is no secret that the families and generations with the most experience passing down property, business and government roles are from white descendants of property owners.
While African American and minority populations are behind on the same learning curve, not limited to just the direct descendants of Freed Slaves denied access to ownership for
150 years, but also the predominance of minorities in the cycle of poverty because of disparity in law enforcement, legal resources, and prison systems affecting the poor.

I have been volunteering for over 20 years in a national Freed Slave district, where the founders were more financially independent as noncitizens than the residents there today,
stripped of land ownership and not recognized as equals by local govt, which keeps abusing public resources to destroy preservation plans and national history, because of inequality in comparison with corporate developers whose plans get tax and govt support.

I have tried for years to promote the development plans of the residents, predominantly African American or other historians.

Where the plans fall apart is there is not equal ownership of the land; as long as the City owned the land and had more control than the citizens, they have abused that leverage.

For this system to change, the African American and especially descendants of Freed Slaves as in Freedmen's Town would have to set up direct ownership and control of the land, as a separate district, including a separate Federal Reserve and Court system.

The current system has been built for years on the principle that the people in power can rule over the people, even taking land and only compensating for market value, but not accounting for the loss of equal ownership and residual benefits and impact on posterity.

If you want to do something to end this disparity, I was going to petition Allen West and other leaders to come together and reclaim Freedmen's Town and the Federal Reserve.

I was about to give up, because no one else but a founding descendant of Freedmen's Town seemed to think this would make a difference, to create a campus to teach people ownership of land and govt, so people can stand on equal ground. Other people who get it are women, and that's a whole other battle to fight for women to be heard as equals.

If more men get this issue, I support asking men leaders to unite so more people may listen. Women get drowned out by parties projecting blame on class, where all the public media tends to focus on that. Women don't seem to get attention unless it's negative.

I ran into unequal division by CLASS and by GENDER, which was then projected onto race.
Because people don't agree which bias is worse, I have suggested to address ALL of them.

I noticed something out of the blue recently reading some lib/prog posts here, wondering if anyone else noticed- That regardless whether Lib/progs in public dismiss the differences in race & IQ, claiming the various researchers are conservative racists & that is why they came to the conclusions they did..deep down they accept the science, as can be seen by their policies that favor minorities because they view us, particularly blacks..as somewhat mentally challenged. Me myself, I don't buy IQ tests as the end all and be all way to measure intelligence, but I do not dispute our communities shortcomings on these tests..I see it more as a nurture over nature thing for the most part.

Anyway, a Lot of lib/progs have been throwing the phrase "White Privilege" around lately. I'm curious, what exactly that privilege is in their minds? Is it simply being the majority group here or is it Whites have an higher IQ than blacks & mestizos on average? They throw it out there with practically no explanation most of the time. So what's the deal, lib/progs?

Last edited:
The Democratic Party is full of them, how can I ignore them?

It's not about guilt, but fanning the flames of racial division. White guilt fell off after the OJ trial, they had to come up with another BS theme to rap white people over the head with, hence...White Privelege. Only a self loathing black or self loathing white liberal would put this lame idea out for public consumption, they're ain't a black man I know that accepts this idea unless he has been politicized by leftist nonsense. Your average black man finds the idea offensive, just as I do, as a black man.

Good for you, remember that their are extremist and fanatics which fan these flame. They need to be ignored and they will go away..

The Democratic Party is full of them, how can I ignore them?

They all think they need to carry the cross....

It's not about guilt, but fanning the flames of racial division. White guilt fell off after the OJ trial, they had to come up with another BS theme to rap white people over the head with, hence...White Privelege. Only a self loathing black or self loathing white liberal would put this lame idea out for public consumption, there ain't a black man I know that accepts this idea unless he has been politicized by leftist nonsense. Your average black man finds the idea offensive, just as I do, as a black man.

I don't see it as new, as the "next tactic" to use.

I see it as we NEVER have addressed the problem of unequal landownership.
As the basis of autonomy and equal experience in self-government.

Economist Hernando De Soto has long campaigned for equality on these grounds,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hernando_de_Soto_Polar
where migrant workers can always be "kicked around" as long as they don't own any land their labor is used to work.

It is like the huge elephant in the room, and we keep dancing around it. Complaining about something else.
Arguing over the effect of the feet, or what's going on with the trunk, but never addressing the elephant itself.

Last edited:
I had to work and save money to buy my land, it was not a given, nor did I interject my minority status..

HTH

That wasn't a snide response at all. Seek knowledge, since wisdom is apparently off-limits to you.
Shortbus...I know what the many definitions of it are...I am asking YOU, as a liberal/prog- what YOU define it as, why, and then hopefully explain how you came to the conclusion it exists? And whatever snide/passive aggresive response, you didn't answer anything and acted snobby, so...let's try again or go run to another topic you don't fear having an honest discussion about, okay sunshine?

Nice thoughtful reply, I appreciate that Emily. It sounds like it should be an argument of class issues and opprotunities to me than calling it 'white privilege'... Since it is not really race but monied privilege that is the issue.
Hi LockeJaw: The White Privilege that I see as causing the greatest innate disparity
is experience with LAND OWNERSHIP, that affects relations with business, government and law.
(while the most divisive issues preventing collaboration on corrections
are either by GENDER and patriarchal politics, or by party rhetoric dividing people of the same race by CLASS.)

It is no secret that the families and generations with the most experience passing down property, business and government roles are from white descendants of property owners.
While African American and minority populations are behind on the same learning curve, not limited to just the direct descendants of Freed Slaves denied access to ownership for
150 years, but also the predominance of minorities in the cycle of poverty because of disparity in law enforcement, legal resources, and prison systems affecting the poor.

I have been volunteering for over 20 years in a national Freed Slave district, where the founders were more financially independent as noncitizens than the residents there today,
stripped of land ownership and not recognized as equals by local govt, which keeps abusing public resources to destroy preservation plans and national history, because of inequality in comparison with corporate developers whose plans get tax and govt support.

I have tried for years to promote the development plans of the residents, predominantly African American or other historians.

Where the plans fall apart is there is not equal ownership of the land; as long as the City owned the land and had more control than the citizens, they have abused that leverage.

For this system to change, the African American and especially descendants of Freed Slaves as in Freedmen's Town would have to set up direct ownership and control of the land, as a separate district, including a separate Federal Reserve and Court system.

The current system has been built for years on the principle that the people in power can rule over the people, even taking land and only compensating for market value, but not accounting for the loss of equal ownership and residual benefits and impact on posterity.

If you want to do something to end this disparity, I was going to petition Allen West and other leaders to come together and reclaim Freedmen's Town and the Federal Reserve.

I was about to give up, because no one else but a founding descendant of Freedmen's Town seemed to think this would make a difference, to create a campus to teach people ownership of land and govt, so people can stand on equal ground. Other people who get it are women, and that's a whole other battle to fight for women to be heard as equals.

If more men get this issue, I support asking men leaders to unite so more people may listen. Women get drowned out by parties projecting blame on class, where all the public media tends to focus on that. Women don't seem to get attention unless it's negative.

I ran into unequal division by CLASS and by GENDER, which was then projected onto race.
Because people don't agree which bias is worse, I have suggested to address ALL of them.

Ahhh the classic troll thread!

Instead of finding out the definition of a word or phrase, the troll asks for someone personal definition instead so that the troll can turn the definition into a personal pissing match instead of opting for real information

Forum List

Back