Question for Libs/Progressives

Ahhh the classic troll thread!

Instead of finding out the definition of a word or phrase, the troll asks for someone personal definition instead so that the troll can turn the definition into a personal pissing match instead of opting for real information

I don't see anything troll-like in asking people who use a term to explain what they think the definition is. After all it doesn't matter what the term actually means if the people who are using it are wrong in what they think it means.

On the other hand, I do see something distinctly troll-like in someone not contributing to a conversation and instead saying "go look it up."

Instead of finding out the definition of a word or phrase, the troll asks for someone personal definition instead so that the troll can turn the definition into a personal pissing match instead of opting for real information

Nah....It's just you trying to turn it into one because you dont like the idea of a black man putting you in the position where you have to explain yourself on the issue.
But thats just me.....

Nice projection, CC! I ask for personal definitions because the idea of WP has been pushed onto the masses via media, things like YouTube psuedo-PSA's. Not even a smidgen of the people familiar with the term know anything about it other than "Im white, so Im privileged" or "Theyre white, so their privileged". Go troll somewhere else or quit being a coward and address the topic.

I don't see anything troll-like in asking people who use a term to explain what they think the definition is. After all it doesn't matter what the term actually means if the people who are using it are wrong in what they think it means.

On the other hand, I do see something distinctly troll-like in someone not contributing to a conversation and instead saying "go look it up."

When someone asks and they are told to look it up and refuse are they really interested in what the term means or what someone else THINKS it means?

Nah....It's just you trying to turn it into one because you dont like the idea of a black man putting you in the position where you have to explain yourself on the issue.
But thats just me.....

I'm black...try again

But thats just me.....

I'm black...try again

I knew you were, I know you remember me too..

And he is right..being black doesn't mean you're not being an intellectual pussy trying to find an excuse to not address the issue. I'm black too..yet here I am, questioning dumb shit black folks take as golden. What's your excuse for not doing so, CC?

But thats just me.....

I'm black...try again

And he is right..being black doesn't mean you're not being an intellectual pussy trying to find an excuse to not address the issue. I'm black too..yet here I am, questioning dumb shit black folks take as golden. What's your excuse for not doing so, CC?

This should be interesting.

For the record, I think Emily and Locke are more accurate in saying that it has more to do with monied privilege than race.

But thats just me.....

I'm black...try again

That's even better!!!:lol:
Are you going to call him an Uncle Tom because his stance doesn't fit your idea of social justice or the lack there of in your mind?

I wasn't agreeing with her completely, but you cannot just take a well thought out argument like that and just throw it out. Of anything, it is monied privilege over skin privilege though, if it is not because of the multitudes of problems I would say are much more influential in land ownership.
I'm black...try again

For the record, I think Emily and Locke are more accurate in saying that it has more to do with monied privilege than race.

Last edited:
I didn't mean to imply you were lockstep in agreement with her, but I think you both touched on a more accurate description of the term "white privilege".

I wasn't agreeing with her completely, but you cannot just take a well thought out argument like that and just throw it out. Of anything, it is monied privilege over skin privilege though, if it is not because of the multitudes of problems I would say are much more influential in land ownership.

CC, that won't work..I told her I know the MULTIPLE MEANINGS of "white privilege"... That should tell you I know what the pointy heads who came up with it define it as(in many ways ofcourse, for a reason...I'll let you figure that out own your own). Back to the drawing board.

When someone asks and they are told to look it up and refuse are they really interested in what the term means or what someone else THINKS it means?

In other words, a tedious rightwing partisan hack.

I can be tedious at times, no doubt. Unfortunately I just happened across the idea for the thread. You're a smart brother, why not engage the thread like it? I am not being sarcastic, I know you're a smart guy. So... Can you engage the thread like you live, brother?

Oh, the irony! :rofl:

I only accept the right wing label since technically I am more to the right than I would ever be to the left.. But really. I couldn't be anyone's hack.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y021WAdUlW8&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Firing Line - Thomas Sowell w/ William F. Buckley Jr. (1981) - YouTube[/ame]
Best video ever...It'll help you out if you're looking to WORK your way for a living instead of begging, CC.

I only accept the right wing label since technically I am more to the right than I would ever be to the left.. But really. I couldn't be anyone's hack.
I was speaking of the irony of one of the forum's most tedious and tiresome hacks calling anyone else a hack.

As to your topic at hand, I believe the whole white privilege meme is very little more than garden variety progressive guilt mongering. They are so very poor at lifting people up and inspiring them to be better, that they have to cut others down a peg or two in order to feel better about themselves.

But thats just me.....

I'm black...try again

Let me get this straight. White folks in your opinion have received no benefit from being the majority ruling class in America for hundreds of years?

You couldnt even bring yourself to fix your lips and answer in the negative. If you do you either believe that head starts dont matter or that the people who were owned by whites should be on the same level socially and financially as their owners.

Which one is it champ?

I'm black...try again

The monied privilege comes with being white. They are intertwined. ORRRRRrrrrrr monied privilege just so happen to miss black people by chance and not because of history.

For the record of course.

But thats just me.....

I'm black...try again

That's even better!!!:lol:
Are you going to call him an Uncle Tom because his stance doesn't fit your idea of social justice or the lack there of in your mind?

Not unless he exhibits some uncle tom behavior. Or am I not supposed to call (excuse the term) a spade a spade because you might not like it?

No matter the answer....I dont care :badgrin:

Forum List

Back